Saudi Arabia V. Iran

For anyone that isn't aware this plays perfectly into the current US strategy in the region. Turkey and Israel are making up now also. Everything is slowly falling into place. Arab, Turk, Jew, and Persian will soon share responsibility for security of the region. Each keeping the other in check. The US selling arms to all.

Turks and Jews want to build their own toys and sell em to, Pers will buy Russian Euro Chinese long before they buy Murican. That only leaves Ahabs to buy murican arms.

Bibi and Saudi King sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

This is Bibi getting his proxy war with Iran because US wouldn't start one.

Bahrain, UAE, and Sudan have severed diplomatic ties with Iran. This is turning into a big deal. Keep an eye on Bahrain-They actually have a Shiite majority and the ruling Sunnis are likely terrified.

If there is an uprising watch how quickly all those weapons we sold them are turned on their own people and all the protesters declared terrorists.

watch Egypt follow suit. They want that SA money. If we(USA) chooses sides with SA, I won't be surprised, but I wil be heartbroken in a way.

Finally we see our relations with Iran easing a bit, but it will all wash away. It is something we must not let happen if we are trying for peace in he Middle East.

This guy is a liberal in SA:

Another liberal:

The Middle East needs more liberalism (at least the classic liberalism, not the intersectional shit gripping the left in the west).

It must be tough to be a smart Arab. You're surrounded by profoundly stupid and violent religious zealots who hinder your country at every step. If we think there’s a lot of idiots in the west, in comparison these guys are living in moron HQ.

watch Egypt follow suit. They want that SA money. If we(USA) chooses sides with SA, I won't be surprised, but I wil be heartbroken in a way.

Finally we see our relations with Iran easing a bit, but it will all wash away. It is something we must not let happen if we are trying for peace in he Middle East.

There will never be peace in the ME, but we should at least be trying to make OUR peace with the ME and continueing to improve relations with Iran is a start. But Israel and SA want to see that ruined so we can keep wasting our time and money with them.

Bahrain, UAE, and Sudan have severed diplomatic ties with Iran. This is turning into a big deal. Keep an eye on Bahrain-They actually have a Shiite majority and the ruling Sunnis are likely terrified.
As is the American Military/Navy.

Listen man I get all that you're saying but honestly who the fuck cares.

I think everyone here in the states has had their fill of the Middle East.

We're going on 10+ years of this being the main topic of the country.

I think people are exhausted from it and just don't give a damn about it anymore.

The area is fucking exhausting. The people there are exhausting and draining. I just don't care what happens there any longer.

I'm guessing by 'we' you mean America and I'm guessing that you are also unaware from your comments that (1) A lot of the drama over there may be perceived and displayed as 'religion' but is actually in fact from many other countries dipping their dk in an out of the region when it suits and in possibility to gain.
I'm not gonna give you a 200 year history lesson now and I'm not pointing the finger at America, there are many countries who've done their bit to fk the whole region up, but to say "we should leave them to it" now is too late, America is too invested in terms of themselves and on the other side - it's just funny that now several of their investments are finding conflict within themselves.

Imagine it was all cool round table politics from their side to start giving America their ultimatum - Israel or us, lord knows America can't afford 'all/both/any'

There will never be peace in the ME, but we should at least be trying to make OUR peace with the ME and continueing to improve relations with Iran is a start. But Israel and SA want to see that ruined so we can keep wasting our time and money with them.

Exactly.

I don't see it as a lost cause though. I mean we in Europe and the USA were once(though some say still) horrible to each other. It is never a bad thing to continue to find a way towards peace. I never would would have imagined jumping on the Iran train, but it seems to be the only thing to work for at this junction.

Hopefully Bernie gets off that Saudi Petro-dick and changes course on his thoughts on the EXIM bank in dealing with Iran.

Of the 4 major regional powers: Iran, Turkey, Israel, SA.

Turkey is the best positioned diplomatically. Iran hates Israel and SA.....Israel and SA hate Iran. Nobody really hates the Turks though. That's leverage.

Exactly.

I don't see it as a lost cause though. I mean we in Europe and the USA were once(though some say still) horrible to each other. It is never a bad thing to continue to find a way towards peace. I never would would have imagined jumping on the Iran train, but it seems to be the only thing to work for at this junction.

Europe goes 70 years without a MAJOR war, and suddenly they think of themselves as civilized. Never mind the genocide in the balkans, or the looming nuclear apocalypse.

I can't help thinking that the execution of Al Nimr was a mistake.

They didn't have to do it. They really didn't.

In the first place there's a significant minority of Shia throughout the Arabian peninsula, and they're even the majority in some of the Gulf States that are ruled by Sunni royalty.

They've been agitating for civil rights for ages, now.

In addition to being a prominent Shia cleric, Al Nimr was also an agitator during the outbreak of the Arab Spring.

scared.gif

KSA vs Iran?

giphy (2).gif

Europe goes 70 years without a MAJOR war, and suddenly they think of themselves as civilized. Never mind the genocide in the balkans, or the looming nuclear apocalypse.

Well I guess it depends the definition you wish to use.

I would say trying not to war with each other, having equal rights for all people, and trying to take better care of your people make you civilized. True it wasn't that long ago, but Western Europe is really trying not to continue down the path of constant war, though they haven't been entirely successful.

Well I guess it depends the definition you wish to use.

I would say trying not to war with each other, having equal rights for all people, and trying to take better care of your people make you civilized. True it wasn't that long ago, but Western Europe is really trying not to continue down the path of constant war, though they haven't been entirely successful.

The peace has lasted so long in part because the last war left everyone completely exhausted financially, and in terms of manpower. The US and Soviets also assumed effective military command of europe. The sons were no longer allowed to pick fights with the neighbor boys because the fathers didn't want to have to shoot it out for real.

It must be tough to be a smart Arab. You're surrounded by profoundly stupid and violent religious zealots who hinder your country at every step. If we think there’s a lot of idiots in the west, in comparison these guys are living in moron HQ.
Plus, what they're saying is, the modern Arab has a sense of purpose that doesn't meet with reality, as if they think they're really important actors on the world stage. Couple backwardness from the general population with pompousness from the leadership, and you have different levels of delusion.

Really, as bad as those street videos make the average American look stupid, I'll take that any day over alternatives like the ones above.

Of the 4 major regional powers: Iran, Turkey, Israel, SA.

Turkey is the best positioned diplomatically. Iran hates Israel and SA.....Israel and SA hate Iran. Nobody really hates the Turks though. That's leverage.

The Kurds hate the turks.
The Russians hate the turks.

Back