SBBC: Amber Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deal with this exact type of situation regularly. Hope you can find someone locally to keep tabs on her while you do what you gotta do for yourself. But, if you can check in on her over the phone then that would be good. If you ever suspect that shit is going too far south then you can still do things being out of state to make sure she is alright. Nobody like having the government involved in their life, but sometimes people end up needed to be protected from themselves.
I would love to hire someone again, but I don't know how to go about that tbh. When I say that, I mean I don't know how to hire someone against her will, because she does not want anyone taking care of her, she even down plays what I do for her even though I've literally cleaned up her piss off of the floor and have been doing all her grocery shopping the last few years.

she has a car now, but she shouldn't be driving, my mom lives in the same neighborhood but my grandma cut her off because she's really strict Southern Baptist and hates the fact my mom got a boyfriend after my dad died, so she low key hates my mom and doesn't want her help at all and my little brother could help her but he's an asshole and my grandma accuses him of stealing anytime he steps within 10 miles of her house.

I would love to hire someone again, but I don't know how to go about that tbh. When I say that, I mean I don't know how to hire someone against her will, because she does not want anyone taking care of her, she even down plays what I do for her even though I've literally cleaned up her piss off of the floor and have been doing all her grocery shopping the last few years.

she has a car now, but she shouldn't be driving, my mom lives in the same neighborhood but my grandma cut her off because she's really strict Southern Baptist and hates the fact my mom got a boyfriend after my dad died, so she low key hates my mom and doesn't want her help at all and my little brother could help her but he's an asshole and my grandma accuses him of stealing anytime he steps within 10 miles of her house.
In that situation it comes down to whether or not she has the mental capacity to make her own decisions. Her PCP should be the person to give a statement on that. If she still has capacity then she is an adult and she can choose to live however she wants. If it is determined that she lacks that ability then steps need to be taken to intervene and ensure that she is safe.

Having family that is willing to intervene is the biggest advantage. I am not exactly sure of the process in Florida, but here you can work with the doctor and the local court to start the process of making grandma's decisions for her. Of course you would respect her wishes as much as possible, but under the right circumstances you can also ensure that she will be as safe as possible even if it pisses her off somewhat.

In that situation it comes down to whether or not she has the mental capacity to make her own decisions. Her PCP should be the person to give a statement on that. If she still has capacity then she is an adult and she can choose to live however she wants. If it is determined that she lacks that ability then steps need to be taken to intervene and ensure that she is safe.

Having family that is willing to intervene is the biggest advantage. I am not exactly sure of the process in Florida, but here you can work with the doctor and the local court to start the process of making grandma's decisions for her. Of course you would respect her wishes as much as possible, but under the right circumstances you can also ensure that she will be as safe as possible even if it pisses her off somewhat.
Thanks bud, I guess I"ll look into it a little more.

Congratulations on the move. Terre Haute Indiana is where Indiana state Univ. is -- the place where Larry Bird played college ball (after leaving IU). I don't know much about other than it's on I-70 SW of Indianapolis. the other direction on I-70 takes you to St.Louis -- which I would avoid. I'm not a fan of St.Louis, and speaking of ugly, St Louis is easily the ugliest city I've seen in the country. OTOH you can take I-65 straight up from Indianapolis to Chicago. In a mere 20 yrs Chicago has cleaned up tremendously (in the core) and is the midwest's capital and only global cosmopolitan city. You could easily go to Chicago for weekends. Sports, Navy Pier, and even the beach is pretty awesome (you would probably be surprised by how nice Lake Michigan is).

I've been to Indianapolis quite a bit for work over the past 16 yrs (though not much lately). Indianapolis is nice tier two American city IMO. It has some big companies (Eli Lilly being the biggest) and pulls in an educated population of higher wage earners from around the country --- and that pulls in a bunch of amenities (sports, arts, restaurants, nightlife). Maybe we'll see you at the B1G championship game in December (if Michigan makes it!).

Unfortunately, a lot of Indiana is "Darwin's waiting room", unfortunately. IIRC Indiana has the highest number of hate groups in the country. It's no joke.

Re: Gary Indiana

Gary is just outside of Chicago. If you take the I-90 route into Chicago, rather than I-94 and the Dan Ryan, you will have the unfortunate experience of seeing Gary. IIRC the Jacksons were from Gary.

The place is horrible and it smells, all the time, no joke. If you would like to see the death of mid-century American industrialization, you can see it in living color in Gary. For many years it had the highest murder rate in the US and ranks right up there with the other shit holes of the US (New Orleans, Memphis, East St. Louis).

Last edited:
Congratulations on the move. Terre Haute Indiana is where Indiana state Univ. is -- the place where Larry Bird played college ball (after leaving IU). I don't know much about other than it's on I-70 SW of Indianapolis. the other direction on I-70 takes you to St.Louis -- which I would avoid. I'm not a fan of St.Louis, and speaking of ugly, St Louis is easily the ugliest city I've seen in the country. OTOH you can take I-65 straight up from Indianapolis to Chicago. In a mere 20 yrs Chicago has cleaned up tremendously (in the core) and is the midwest's capital and only global cosmopolitan city. You could easily go to Chicago for weekends. Sports, Navy Pier, and even the beach is pretty awesome (you would probably be surprised by how nice Lake Michigan is).

I've been to Indianapolis quite a bit for work over the past 16 yrs (though not much lately). Indianapolis is nice tier two American city IMO. It has some big companies (Eli Lilly being the biggest) and pulls in an educated population of higher wage earners from around the country --- and that pulls in a bunch of amenities (sports, arts, restaurants, nightlife). Maybe we'll see you at the B1G championship game in December (if Michigan makes it!).

Unfortunately, a lot of Indiana is "Darwin's waiting room", unfortunately. IIRC Indiana has the highest number of hate groups in the country. It's no joke.

Re: Gary Indiana

Gary is just outside of Chicago. If you take the I-90 route into Chicago, rather than I-94 and the Dan Ryan, you will have the unfortunate experience of seeing Gary. IIRC the Jacksons were from Gary.

The place is horrible and it smells, all the time, no joke. If you would like to see the death of mid-century American industrialization, you can see it in living color in Gary. For many years it had the highest murder rate in the US and ranks right up thee with the other shit holes of the US (New Orleans, Memphis, East St. Louis).
How often do you travel?

Idk exactly what you do for work, but it seems like you have seen a good part of the world.

East St. Louis is a bad place. Stayed at a what seemed to be a hotel in East St. Louis while driving across country. Mistake.

in addition to everything else, TRD is a GLOBAL real estate agent who has intimate knowledge of every neighborhood in every city in every state.
not to mention he was once a Chippendale dancer.
wow

can't wait to see what senri has to say about that.

How often do you travel?

Idk exactly what you do for work, but it seems like you have seen a good part of the world.

I'm trying to travel a lot less than I used to for work. I had my own start up tech company and then I worked for a huge company in a leadership role with global responsibility. I also lived in three different countries (two in Europe + Canada) growing up. Indianapolis has a medical school (the only one in the state), IUPUI, and a large cancer ctr. Eli Lilly was one of the first customers for my first start up so that brought me to Indianapolis several times. The central core is pretty nice with all of the standard upscale chain restaurants. My favorite was a place called Palomino. http://www.palomino.com/location.php I guess there are 6 of them, does that make them a chain? I've been to the one in San Fran, will have to hunt down the one in Westwood.

What do i do? The technical term is "serial entrepreneur", but I hate that term. It could be better described in two ways. (1) I try to make money based on applied physics. (2) I tend to cause disasters and then spend time fixing them.

Last edited:
I'm trying to travel a lot less than I used to for work. I had my own start up tech company and then I worked for a huge company in a leadership role with global responsibility. I also lived in three different countries (two in Europe + Canada) growing up. Indianapolis has a medical school (the only one in the state), IUPUI, and a large cancer ctr. Eli Lilly was one of the first customers for my first start up so that brought me to Indianapolis several times. The central core is pretty nice with all of the standard upscale chain restaurants. My favorite was a place called Palomino. http://www.palomino.com/location.php I guess there are 6 of them, does that make them a chain? I've been to the one in San Fran, will have to hunt down the one in Westwood.

What do i do? The technical term is "serial entrepreneur", but I hate that term. It could be better described in two ways. (1) I try make money based on applied physics. (2) I tend to cause disasters and then spend time fixing them.
Oh well damn then lol

I think I'll like Indy, I'm very easy going and I don't mind living well below my means, and I've always wanted to live in a small town/city where everyone knows everyone, always liked the idea of that for some reason.

Oh well damn then lol

I think I'll like Indy, I'm very easy going and I don't mind living well below my means, and I've always wanted to live in a small town/city where everyone knows everyone, always liked the idea of that for some reason.

We'll be interested to see how it goes. Post updates. Good luck with the move!

@Graverobber

The palomino location in San Francisco is at Folsom and the Embarcadero right below Bay bridge. If we ever get around to that ride in the Berkeley Hills we'll have to hit up Palomino for a re-fuel.

@Graverobber

The palomino location in San Francisco is at Folsom and the Embarcadero right below Bay bridge. If we ever get around to that ride in the Berkeley Hills we'll have to hit up Palomino for a re-fuel.

sounds good, bud.
I've dropped 15 lbs, been doing multiples up Diablo.
did the Morgan Territory ride last week in under four hours.
prime Graves.

lmao, saw someone share a video on Facebook that says "Alabama passed a law protecting all confederate statues from being torn down. Do you support this decision"

he fucking captioned it with "Yes, absolutely, they were American soldiers"

LMAO, what?

I guess you could make the argument since they were the "Confederate states of America"

But in the context of how he said it, it's like he's trying to say they were American soldiers as we know America now, which is the exact opposite of what they actually were, since you know they were at War with the America we know now lol
Only the south would celebrate traitors.

Only the south would celebrate traitors.
Idc about being happy about your heritage, but literally 99% of ppl that fly or have tattoos of that flag know nothing about history and are doing it because they're racist.

The funny part is most will say "Learn your history", when in fact they know jack and shit about the Civil War or what the Confederacy actually was fighting for, "But it wasn't just about slaverly".

Know your roles and shut your mouths, you hillbilly inbred fucks.

Idc about being happy about your heritage, but literally 99% of ppl that fly or have tattoos of that flag know nothing about history and are doing it because they're racist.

The funny part is most will say "Learn your history", when in fact they know jack and shit about the Civil War or what the Confederacy actually was fighting for, "But it wasn't just about slaverly".

Know your roles and shut your mouths, you hillbilly inbred fucks.
I was on a first date with a bitch and while we were at the bar we saw a dude in a group with a confederate flag shirt on. We talked about it and she was on his side. Then I noticed that the shirt literally had an SS symbol on it. She was still on his side. She refused to say she was racist. We parted ways. But she called me later that night and I did fuck her. But I drew the line at sleeping in the same bed with her. I pretended to be asleep on my couch and saw her leave my house. I felt dirty afterwards for about two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back