Scarlett Johansson quits transgender role after LGBT backlash

How many transgender actors are there?

Are any of them any good?

Shouldn't it go to the person that best suits the role?

It's not like they're getting a Japanese guy to play someone from Africa or something.

It's ScarJo, you'd think maybe they'd want to be represented by someone who's both beautiful aswell as talented and a feminist to boot.

You'd think that trying to play another gender your whole life you'd be good at it. Unfortunately they aren't talented.

If they want to make a film about trannies I assume its more about educating people and spreading a message. The story will have more credibiliity if a tranny is the leading actor. If I wanna watch a movie about slavery and what the slaves went through. I wouldnt want john travolta being the leading actor while they coloured his face

lol

it is werid for scarjo to play asian and trans people. so she shouldnt. and let the movies she would have played in get zero viewership now.

Lol, smh.

Poor girl quit the role and still got a tongue lashing from people about "speaking for" whoever the fuck. Jesus.

Why is an actor playing a role in which doesn't reflect who they are in real life?

Da faq world are we living in

*male biological sex

Gender and sex used to be synonyms. It actually probably still is in the dictionary definition. I remember snowflakes circa early 2000s started to "correct" people on the internet. "Ackshually, gender and sex are different c-c-concepts, you ignorant shitlord," and so on.

Screen-shot-2013-10-14-at-5.30.14-PM1.png

Performance was lauded and even won an Oscar.
I always thought ''why not have someone of that subculture play that part?" but I'd rather have Hollywood hypocrisy.

If they want to make a film about trannies I assume its more about educating people and spreading a message. The story will have more credibiliity if a tranny is the leading actor. If I wanna watch a movie about slavery and what the slaves went through. I wouldnt want john travolta being the leading actor while they coloured his face

True, I'd want a real slave to play the leading role.

They should hire Bruce Jenner to play the part. He’s so brave.

They should hire Bruce Jenner to play the part. He’s so brave.

Wrong way around, they need a female-to-male transgender otherwise it's some bizarro privilege war.

Gender and sex used to be synonyms. It actually probably still is in the dictionary definition. I remember snowflakes circa early 2000s started to "correct" people on the internet. "Ackshually, gender and sex are different c-c-concepts, you ignorant shitlord," and so on.

mnahh.

synonyms are actually pretty unusual. why? the answer is obvious.

everyone agrees that there are behavior differences within sexes. men are very different from other men, for example. why is it so earth shattering and a conspiracy to have a word that describes these differences? it isnt. it isnt new, either.

I almost started my reply "actually". :)

Starring Chastity Bono...

th

That's about your only option, lady-fellas.

So if your hot and a chick it’s an issue;but Jeffery Tambor a dude who looks like Uncle Fester is cool and wins awards for it? Just let me know when everyone agrees on a visible line that dosent make me a bigot if I say something insensitive here shortly.

mnahh.

synonyms are actually pretty unusual. why? the answer is obvious.

everyone agrees that there are behavior differences within sexes. men are very different from other men, for example. why is it so earth shattering and a conspiracy to have a word that describes these differences? it isnt. it isnt new, either.

Do you mean like masculine and feminine? Those words are traditionally used.

Do you mean like masculine and feminine? Those words are traditionally used.

yea. i dont think its unreasonable to use "gender" to describe that continuum of behavior. i dont think its unusual or non-traditional, either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back