Scary time to be a college student

These are scary headlines and all, but it's worth bearing in mind that you're talking about 9 students our of 19 million. And 2 of the 4000+ colleges.

It's not winning the lotto numbers, but being shot on a college campus not a statistically significant threat for the average student.

The threats of substance abuse related deaths and violence are FAR greater for American college students.

so we know one is definitely not a mass shooting, jury is still out on idaho

These are scary headlines and all, but it's worth bearing in mind that you're talking about 9 students our of 19 million. And 2 of the 4000+ colleges.

It's not winning the lotto numbers, but being shot on a college campus not a statistically significant threat for the average student.

The threats of substance abuse related deaths and violence are FAR greater for American college students.
^^^^^^This

This is awful

They should ban hi capacity magazines

The one responsible for the football team shooting...

Jones-Jr-shooting.jpg

So when Uvalde happened, Sandy Hook and other school shootings in America you just shrugged it off and said, 'Meh. There's plenty of other young people in the U.S." Good to know. Personally, if you have a substance abuse problem that was created by yourself.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States_(2000–present)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States_(before_2000)

as terrible as these stories are, this pales in comparison to the mammoth debt that so many of these students will accumulate for useless degrees that will not translate into the work market.

Student loans are probably one of the greatest hustles in US history.
Their debt for useless degrees is their own fault. Zero shits given about that.

Scary time to be an American. These shootings can occur anywhere.
True, but a lot of students just don't feel safe at school anymore. When I was a kid we had no idea what a hard lock down was or what an active shooter is. Kids today do.

True, but a lot of students just don't feel safe at school anymore. When I was a kid we had no idea what a hard lock down was or what an active shooter is. Kids today do.

Strange. I went to school in the hood (elementary and MS). In some schools kids would bring guns and even have shootings. So it wasn't something that "never happened in my day"

HOWEVER

There are a few differences. For one, in the "ghetto schools" I referenced, one could've felt safe knowing they're taking their kids to a less crime-ridden school in a less crime ridden community. Now, there is no such feeling of security. A crazy gunman can be in any school.

Also, in the ghetto schools the shooter usually has a specific target. People who are beefing over something, rival gangs, etc., and the shootings would generally occur in an American History-esque style, even though collateral damage can occur. With mass school shooter's, they're just looking to shoot as many folks as possible, you didn't have to do anything to them. So in a way, this is much scarier.

Was the guy the 4th string and lost his position on the Football team?

Was the guy the 4th string and lost his position on the Football team?

He was an ex player who hadn't been on the team for over a year. Guessing he was dropped for facing administration disciplinary action for allegedly failing to report a February 2021 criminal incident involving a concealed weapon violation that happened outside of Charlottesville to UVA officials as required by students.

Ex player. Wondering if the targets were specific people he had beef with or just wanted to take down anyone on the team. Sad stuff. They said another player is in critical condition too.

And going to college helps people realize the above.

Strange. I went to school in the hood (elementary and MS). In some schools kids would bring guns and even have shootings. So it wasn't something that "never happened in my day"

HOWEVER

There are a few differences. For one, in the "ghetto schools" I referenced, one could've felt safe knowing they're taking their kids to a less crime-ridden school in a less crime ridden community. Now, there is no such feeling of security. A crazy gunman can be in any school.

Also, in the ghetto schools the shooter usually has a specific target. People who are beefing over something, rival gangs, etc., and the shootings would generally occur in an American History-esque style, even though collateral damage can occur. With mass school shooter's, they're just looking to shoot as many folks as possible, you didn't have to do anything to them. So in a way, this is much scarier.
You ranting about "the ghetto"?
I am shocked lmao

Back