Scholars found first known copy of Jesus’ forbidden teachings to his bro James in original Greek

What discussion is there to be had with someone not even willing to read evidence and discuss it? You said prove it, and seeing as nobody here can hand you fossils through your fucking pc, there is nothing to be said. You have not even qualified as to what you deem evidence on the subject.

It's like arguing the exact curvature of the earth with a flat earther.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

When you're ready to TRY to discuss the evidence let me know. I won't hold my breath

When you're ready to TRY to discuss the evidence let me know. I won't hold my breath

Yeah, it's everyone else whose unwilling to discuss the evidence, not you refusing to discuss because you could not or would not read any of the information provided. Sure, sure....
<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>

Imagine how many historical texts we would have today (and how many solved mysteries) if the library in Alexandria was still around

I bet it's got something about treating refugees like shit in there.

Yeah, it's everyone else whose unwilling to discuss the evidence, not you refusing to discuss because you could not or would not read any of the information provided. Sure, sure....
<YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen><YeahOKJen>

You haven't even tried. When you're willing to try lemme know.

If it supports their claims, christians will praise it to the end. If it disproves their pet beliefs, they'll talk about how faith makes evidence not really count either way.

Sounds like human nature to me.

However, before tossing the baby with the bathwater, we should all consider more history before becoming too excited.

That the world's greatest game-changing philosophy produces a lot of charlatans, crazies, or the resentment of people who wanted to make a few bucks is to be expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_texts

As was the early Church's attempt to sort out the excitement, insanity, and cashing in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

That someone said "Hey, I have this book that talks about how Judas was a rockstar and Mary a stripper..." and took the time to talk about it, receive money, ECT. is how things always go.

The Book of Enoch is still the Book of Enoch, those who believe are going to hear what they want to hear, those who do not are going to hear what they want to hear.

All well in good.

Prove or disapprove are obviously not to be found in what someone said about Jesus's half brother, or secret older sister, or third uncle.

But as they asked at the First Council, or as Erasmus wondered as he saw the Church decline and street prophets selling so much of nothing: What has substance and the right spirit, what does not?

Lol you're so full of shit. Name a post # where evidence was discussed and was ignored by me.

If you're so sure everything happened your way, why quarrel about it, let alone with non-believers on the internet?

Pearls? Swine? And so on?

You know, in the Bible, Judas of Judas of Iscariot dies of two different deaths in the New Testament.

Again, so what? That men reported what God had commanded them and behold, man made some mistakes along the way?

What is to be believed, the letter or the spirit of the law? When man talks to God, all is not going to be perfect, especially through the fevered dream of thousands of years.

But maybe this is true, that the culmination of the thousands of years brought the most remarkable beliefs mankind has discovered. Right?

Sounds like human nature to me.

However, before tossing the baby with the bathwater, we should all consider more history before becoming too excited.

That the world's greatest game-changing philosophy produces a lot of charlatans, crazies, or the resentment of people who wanted to make a few bucks is to be expected.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnostic_texts

As was the early Church's attempt to sort out the excitement, insanity, and cashing in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

That someone said "Hey, I have this book that talks about how Judas was a rockstar and Mary a stripper..." and took the time to talk about it, receive money, ECT. is how things always go.

The Book of Enoch is still the Book of Enoch, those who believe are going to hear what they want to hear, those who do not are going to hear what they want to hear.

All well in good.

Prove or disapprove are obviously not to be found in what someone said about Jesus's half brother, or secret older sister, or third uncle.

But as they asked at the First Council, or as Erasmus wondered as he saw the Church decline and street prophets selling so much of nothing: What has substance and the right spirit, what does not?

One could easily make the human nature argument. I think it is rather obvious, and doubly so after an issue like the Shroud of Turin. When studies began on the cloth, Christians exclaimed how they would have physical proof of Jesus. When it was dated to like the 600s, they insisted their faith makes physical proof all but a null point, either way.

Say nothing of the fact that if the Shroud was dated to easter sunday, it would prove nothing about the teachings or beliefs of Jesus....

I reread the OP and found this:

Smith and fellow religious scholar Brent Landau announced the discovery at the Society of Biblical Literature Annual Meeting in Boston. The heretical Christian writings describe Jesus teaching, in secret, his brother James about future events—including James’ own death. As Smith explained to ScienceDaily, writings that added to or changed the existing New Testament in any way were forbidden.

Back