School shooter stopped by good guy with a gun, Dixon IL

Farmer Br0wn

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.saukvalley.com/2018/05/1...dent-shot-wounded-after-bringing-gun/axbadt5/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...stopped-cold-by-resource-officer-in-dixon-il/

DIXON – A 19-year-old former Dixon High student is in custody with a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to the shoulder after bringing a gun to the school this morning.

The man shot at school resource officer Mark Dallas, who returned fire around 8 a.m., Sheriff John Simonton said.

The shooting happened in the gym, where seniors, whose last day of school was Friday, were gathered for graduation practice, City Administrator Danny Langloss said.

The officer was not injured, nor was anyone else, Langloss said.

Dixon Police believe that the suspect acted alone and that there is no further threat to the safety of students or staff.

“We’re lucky the officer was there. His brave actions saved a lot of lives,” said Langloss, whose daughter was among the seniors in the gym.

God Bless school resources officer Mark Dallas for his act of bravery.

This adds more credence to the argument:

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

I personally support greater school security measures. Evil exists in our world, putting up a measly "gun-free zone" sign isn't going to make that fact go away.

What say you War Room? Would you want greater school security in the schools your children attend?

Finally a school resource officer that did their job. Awesome.

I hope they can find out why this pos attempted to shoot up a school, maybe it will help prevent future attacks. Then promptly hang him.

I don't think that's true.

Maybe not on here, but folks were making comments about how schools shouldn't be "prisons" . . . . or how they weren't fans of more guns in schools (I know it's mostly against arming teachers, but there were some that seemed to not want any at all).

Maybe not on here, but folks were making comments about how schools shouldn't be "prisons" . . . . or how they weren't fans of more guns in schools (I know it's mostly against arming teachers, but there were some that seemed to not want any at all).

I believe arming teachers is where you will get push back. Arming resource officers or police is fine with just about everyone

I believe arming teachers is where you will get push back. Arming resource officers or police is fine with just about everyone

You would assume so . . . but not from some of the stuff I saw posted on Twitter, but regardless, improving school security should definitely be something we can all agree on.

Lol what a shit set of circumstances where you need cops at school.

Good job by the officer though. Id like to see the surveillance footage if any.

This adds more credence to the argument:

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Not really. He's a trained law enforcement officer. I don't think many people are opposed to them carrying guns. I think it was more the "let the teachers carry" that people were opposed to.

Besides, the thing people are arguing against is the "only thing" part. It's certainly not the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun. There are ways to ensure that a bad guy doesn't get his hands on a gun in the first place. Background checks could be strengthened. Required training could be improved. There are quite a few measures that could be taken that fall somewhere in the vast chasm between "absolute prohibition" and "no restrictions", two positions which are often ascribed onto the other side of the debate by their opposition but which are rarely held in reality.

What ever happened to just killing yourself when you're unhappy? All these a-holes nowadays want to take everyone else with them.

Twitter is the problem. It's a never-ending anonymous, hate-filled bitch-fest for people of any political spectrum or social strata. Fuck twitter.

Twitter is pretty awful. It's a platform where even the stupidest I'm our society can be heard by millions.

Twitter is pretty awful. It's a platform where even the stupidest I'm our society can be heard by millions.

I think the problem is that too many people take it seriously, especially media outlets.

It's easy to see one stupid tweet with a hundred anonymous likes or retweets and think it's a statistically significant opinion. In reality, 100 people is a drop in the bucket and all 100 likes could be the same person's bot accounts.

Glad to hear, but title is a bit misleading as "good guy with a gun" is usually not law enforcement doing their job.

Back