Television SCOTT PILGRIM TAKES OFF Anime Series (Official Trailer; Premieres Nov. 17th)

Oh. Like calling Castlevania cartoon anime? Got it.
Yeah I remember seeing the volumes at my comic shop as a teen and they were manga styled. Both the artwork and the physical size of the volumes.

Oh. Like calling Castlevania cartoon anime? Got it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

Anime (Japanese: アニメ, IPA: [aꜜɲime] ) is hand-drawn and computer-generated animation originating from Japan. Outside Japan and in English, anime refers specifically to animation produced in Japan.[1] However, in Japan and in Japanese, anime (a term derived from a shortening of the English word animation) describes all animated works, regardless of style or origin. Many works of animation with a similar style to Japanese animation are also produced outside Japan. Video games sometimes also feature segments and artstyles that can be considered as "anime".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga

Manga (漫画, IPA: [maŋga] [a]) are comics or graphic novels originating from Japan. Most manga conform to a style developed in Japan in the late 19th century,[1] and the form has a long history in earlier Japanese art.[2] The term manga is used in Japan to refer to both comics and cartooning. Outside of Japan, the word is typically used to refer to comics originally published in the country.[3]

r5M5lFl.gif

I'm hoping for a Lisa Miller appearance.

The movie made a lot of changes to the source material. I mean a lot. The entire ending was changed (well, changed isn't the right word, since the last book hadn't come out yet). The ending in the books is far, far superior.

I'm hoping that the series is more faithful.
So they’re remaking it?

I've watched 3 episodes so far and it's so fucking amazing. The change in story really caught me by surprise.

I'm pretty sure Sherdog will bitch about it for the same reason guys always bitch about everything produced in the last 10 years though.

I've watched 3 episodes so far and it's so fucking amazing. The change in story really caught me by surprise.

I'm pretty sure Sherdog will bitch about it for the same reason guys always bitch about everything produced in the last 10 years though.
Same. I watched first five episodes and I'm really enjoying this series.

Watching the first episode, I thought this is redundant. It's almost exactly the same plot and story beats from the live-action movie. But then they did the surprise twist at the end and I'm glad I stuck around. I love that they get to flesh out the evil exes and Ramona Flowers more and how they showed her actions that led to the evil exes, how she accepts her faults and fixes some of her relationships with the exes. All in all, it's a good What If story.

Back