Media Sean O´Malley roasting Cody Garbrandt´s technique.

Banger vs Technical killer is always a win win. We can all agree that we need that fight now while they're both hot.

Same, my friend. Bantamweight is looking STACKED
<{JustBleed}>
And with KILLERS too. KO's and sub threats everywhere. If only we could somehow see a full tournament bracket with full round robin on a secluded fight island with no law...

LoL. jokes aside, there's so many good match up possibilities right now.

I liked O'Malleys more. When it happened it literally came out of no where and just looked like a gentle straight right thrown out to touch the guy. Wineland is down and completely out.

Cody's while great and right on the buzzer made me think he has a brutal knock out coming in his future. A knee or body kick and he has no where to go and Cody is the one face down on the ground.
It was amazing how he hit him right on the chin, but it was just Cody relying on his speed again to hopefully get the knock out before he gets knocked out. Until then I thought Cody had made some great defensive adjustments, but now I think he will just lose again in an exchange of hands as per his previous fights. He doesn't appear to have the chin and defensive boxing and it will come down to chance in those exchanges. I think we will see some exciting knockouts from him but will also be on the receiving end, ultimately trading wins and losses via KO.

O'Malley will eventually outgrappled by the higher conditioned wrestlers. He is very technical, but I think he could be ground down by a persistent wrestler.

He's right about technique, but it's entertainment. Cody's speed and cleanness made it a hard, devastating KO, and those hard KO's with falls are the best to most viewers. Take Ngannou/Reem. That wasn't the most technical of punches, but goddamn it was vicious.

I was impressed... and it takes a lot to impress me.

Now that O’Malley talks people will hate on him, hilarious. He is at least generating buzz and interest in potential matchups. I swear a lot of fans just want fighters to be mutes

I blame the commentators for even acting like there was a discussion about which KO was better. Sean had your run of the mill straight right KO we have seen a million times over.

Cody had a monster powered up hook he threw from the dressing room that landed at the perfect time with Assuncao turning directly into it, giving us an early contender for KO of the year and one of the cleanest KO's of all time.

I liked the KO but cleanest all time give me a fucking break

Honestly, I believe versus Marlon Moraes, Cody would have received another KO, this time via knee or kick to the face. However, COdy only did that ducking because he was already confident by that time that Assuncao was just a "slow stuck in the mud fighter," and he could get away with it.

Cody shouldn't try that type of a stunt with a better and faster fighter. He would get KOd. Again. His chin gone. Don't let this victory fool you.
looked to me like he was asking to get wasted with a step up knee.

I liked the KO but cleanest all time give me a fucking break

It was literally a from behind the back, loaded up hook that connected right on the button as Assuncao was moving into it completely exposed.

There is literally nothing about the mechanics of that punch that could've been changed to make that a more devastating shot.

I put it top tier up there with Rashad/Chuck, Stephens/Dos Anjos, Ngannou/Overeem, and Kohler/Judson.

Curious if cody is saying anything. I wouldn't think the UFC would match these guys up just yet. You finally got a marketable guy like cody back on track and all you would do is potentially derail that or your young prospect on the rise.

It's gonna be embarrassing if this kid gets his ass whooped

I love it. Take the best ko of the yr so far and say yours was better. I love the kids nerve

Back