Media Sean O´Malley roasting Cody Garbrandt´s technique.

Conor was hated on sherdog because he fought "midgets" while being 5 ft 9 with 188 cm reach. And nobody mention O'Malley height? He is fcking 5ft11 bantamweight. What a coward.

Cody ducking down like that made Assuncao aim low, leaving his chin exposed.

it sure as hell paid off.

He does a good job of explaining his own but fails to mention that Cody had been feinting the duck(dip) down, essentially a takedown fake all fight whilst also using that uniquely with a leg kick to gauge distance.. This was what set up the KO imo. Equally technical.

Also yeah opponents, way different caliber.

My main problem with cody's technique was that he was still wide open for a counter, which has always been his problem. If assunçãos hook was a little higher, Cody would have been fucked. I'm not sure why he doesn't keep his other hand up.

Didn't this guy rat on some gangstas? He better watch his back. Tekashi-awn 69...right?
I don't know, fuck it. I'm old.

Okay, O'Malley is pretty skilled...as a troll. Now, I kind of want them to fight. And when Cody lands, we'll see it rain Skittles in the octagon.

Jarl

My main problem with cody's technique was that he was still wide open for a counter, which has always been his problem. If assunçãos hook was a little higher, Cody would have been fucked. I'm not sure why he doesn't keep his other hand up.

He was wide open, but I think he had moved forward so often with that kick that Assuncao has been tricked into thinking Cody ducking would lead to him either going for another leg kick, or probably what he thought the duck would eventually lead to a single/double leg(especially at the end of a round perhaps), so you see Assuncao strike as if he expects Cody to move towards him (hence it being too low) but he doesn't he moves quickly upwards instead and all power BANG, maybe he had felt him out really well and knew the extent how quickly he moved by then, how well he had been reacting to things, how hard he hits, maybe he was also aware of the clock, all potentially could have been considered in his decision making.

Didn't hear any roasting like your clickbait title suggested. He actually said Cody's KO was pretty cool.

Garbrandt's KO may have been better but their careers are going in completely different directions.

O'Malley is 25 with 12 pro fights and no losses

Garbrandt is 28 with 15 pro fights and is 1-3 in his last 4 all 3 losses by brutal KO

One guy is climbing the ladder, and the other guy is struggling to stay on it.

Their careers actually have a lot of similarities, very high finish rate for the weight class and both undefeated until roughly the same age.

I have to say though, Garbrandt was fighting Cruz when he was O'Malley's age..

He was wide open, but I think he had moved forward so often with that kick that Assuncao has been tricked into thinking Cody ducking would lead to him either going for another leg kick, or probably what he thought the duck would eventually lead to a single/double leg(especially at the end of a round perhaps), so you see Assuncao strike as if he expects Cody to move towards him (hence it being too low) but he doesn't he moves quickly upwards instead and all power BANG, maybe he had felt him out really well and knew the extent how quickly he moved by then, how well he had been reacting to things, how hard he hits, maybe he was also aware of the clock, all potentially could have been considered in his decision making.

Maybe, or it's just a habit for him to bang in the pocket with his lead hand down and poor head movement, but this time he just didn't get caught.

Notice what got him in trouble in these fights? Lead hand not protecting his face while attacking, head not getting off the center line while attacking..

ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

tumblr_pnru715IjR1udfb8oo2_500.gifv

Notice again that the problem is still there.

f1baaec7e34c15499090f12fefab43473102d361.gifv

He needs to work on his defense while attacking.

Lol at this clown gloating about his KO on a washed up has been Wineland. It wasn’t even that nice of a KO. Very basic straight right. Cody’s was way better and it’s not even close.
You know Raphael is also a washed up has been, right?

Maybe, or it's just a habit for him to bang in the pocket with his lead hand down and poor head movement, but this time he just didn't get caught.

Notice what got him in trouble in these fights? Lead hand not protecting his face while attacking, head not getting off the center line while attacking..

ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

T.J.-Dillashaw-def-Cody-Garbrandt-via-knockout-punches.gif

tumblr_pnru715IjR1udfb8oo2_500.gifv

Notice again that the problem is still there.

f1baaec7e34c15499090f12fefab43473102d361.gifv

He needs to work on his defense while attacking.

Yeah I don't doubt his defensive guard is a massive issue for him, and striking does have holes in it. But maybe that leg kick distance gauge feinty stuff is one of his new ways of trying to help fix that very problem he has, the stats before the fight suggested he rarely ever leg kicks and he was throwing them pretty frequently.
Perhaps If he wants to keep his head in the centre line (or wants people to think thats still a hole in his game?) then maybe he's figured a technique to make that less predictable, I mean he does know how to move his head when he's not trying to attack, maybe tiny arms don't help.. I'll have to watch the fight back though i've only seen it once and the only gif I can find from it is just multiple angles of the KO.
source.gif

O'Malley probably KO's Cody due to the fact Cody sleeps anytime when he's punched in the face with any kind of force.

He would be murdered be several other guys though in short order.

Conor was hated on sherdog because he fought "midgets" while being 5 ft 9 with 188 cm reach. And nobody mention O'Malley height? He is fcking 5ft11 bantamweight. What a coward.
sean is much closer to 135 naturally than conor is to 145

Back