Sean Strickland continues to get verbally destroyed

American characters.

<mma1>

Theo Von, fake hillbilly celebrity.

Sean Strickland, thin skin champion.
Theo literally grew up dirt poor.

But not just dirt poor. LOUISIANA dirt poor. thats a special level of hillbilly

i can understand sean maybe “playing the victim” as a strategic way to win the crowd’s sympathy and support, which basically amounts to a face turn (playing “the good guy” to contrast with “the bad guy”). if that’s what he’s doing, well played.

but if he’s actually pearl clutching, it’s lame. he’s out there talking shit to get people riled up, so he should expect some low blows in return fire. some of the jabs will be in poor taste, but that’s part of the game. the only way to lose is to actually get upset and emotional over it.

I guess it's a conceptual discussion of where the line is - if we can make fun of someone for being abused as a child, there literally is no line. Family, religion, ethnicity - it's all fair game.

Which is pretty fucked up, but I guess that's the world we live in.

DDP put on a masterclass of trash talk. He brought up Sean’s trauma and is letting his demons slowly destroy him. The amount of crying and hypocrisy Strickland has shown the last few days has been unbelievable.

I agree with most of what you have said here. Sean's problem is that he's throwing mud and shit and is somehow expecting to not get dirty.
That’s all it comes down to. Once you launch the assault, you don’t get to decide what the retaliation will be.

Are you Abus' coach? This is the single funniest revisionist cope I've seen on here for an absolutely fucking IRRELEVANT fighter. There wasn't a single way that Abus was going to win that fight after the first 3.5 minutes. That's why Strickland came in as the favorite.
"If he didn't gas in the first, he could have made it through the second, which may have allowed him to make it through the third!"
Guy literally can't throw 100 strikes without being a heaving, huffing mess.
"It wasn't a TKO! It was a cardio submission!"
conor-mcgregor-upset-following-ufc-264-loss.jpg

Abus is one of the perfect examples of someone being good at being the hammer, and really shitty at being the nail.

I call Garry a cuck because he acts like a cuck. He wanted to be the next McGregor, caught heat, and absolutely crumbled when having pressure put on him publicly, then conveniently gets sick right before his fight. Not saying he faked being sick, I think the pressure literally had a physical effect on him. Whatever, don't care, hope he's happy with his life. The situation he has in his life is weird, and if it was one of your friends, you would be telling him the same things.
Your Cejudo quote is literally irrelevant because he's misunderstanding the point as much as you are, and I don't take logical fallacies like the attempted argument from authority as actual points. I'll explain it again as simply as I can for you: There is a stark difference in trash talk about someone's choices that they make as an adult, and it is a completely different thing to use someone unchosen trauma as a child.
You probably were saying a few days ago that Colby took it too far with Leon saying he'd send him to Hell to say hi to his dad, yet when it's Sean, someone you don't like being targeted in a similar way, you take the opposite stance, and this show a reprehensible lack of spine on your part if my statement is correct.
Thanks for my 5000th post, have a good one.

No I am just not over valuing Sean Strickland like he is some god level fighter. He has always been beatable by anyone that can just out pressure him a little. Pereira loss aside, the guy got outstruck by Cannonier on volume because he chose to play it safe. He was barely winning via volume less than 5 fights ago. Abus just isn't UFC level at this time as I said in my original post. He still could have taken 2 rounds against Strickland by fighting smarter and potentially won that fight.

All DDP said is he would do what Sean thinks should happen to all kids. It's Sean's words given straight back to him. There is no issue at all with that in the context of Sean.

You keep saying choices vs childhood. Sean made the choice to go after other fighters and to say he thinks kids should be beaten to toughen up. He even clarifies he specifically means not just disciplined. Well DDP offerred to do that for him as an adult. What's the issue?

O'malley's jokes are over the line though as Sean clarified his dad never molested him. Sean is happy to say every bigoted thing under the sun about everyone else, but now it's off limits? People didn't choose to be gay, female, abused etc, but he is all for it until someone says it about him.

It's 2023. It takes 2 seconds to see that Ian Garry didn't take his wifes ex's name, he doesn't live with them and that he is actually getting looked after by his rich wife in that relationship. A young MMA fighter hooked up with a rich older woman and has his career supported by her. If the genders were reversed we would all be talking about him being a gold digger... Yeah he is a cuck and really getting taken advantage of by her.He really needs to be saved whilst she flies him around the world training.

Let's be honest Sean's just jealous because his Mrs won't cover for him if he kills someone.

Reactions: CPH
You keep saying choices vs childhood. Sean made the choice to go after other fighters and to say he thinks kids should be beaten to toughen up.
This really shows that you are either arguing in bad faith, lack reading comprehension, are not a very intelligent person, or a combination of the three. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Is Sean Strickland a complete asshole that unnecessarily shit-talks people? 100% yes, but I think he kept the justifiable line of making it about stuff they did as adults in public.

They could've hit him back for being a moron, a reformed neo-nazi, destroying his leg on a motorcycle, etc. Except they needed to "up the ante" by finding something even more offensive to go after, which is getting abused a child.

Seems like we need to know where the line in the sand is, otherwise we are all playing in shit.
It's because it's the only way these guys can generate any hype apparently. Winning fights only guarantees you another paycheck, now all these guys act like 14 year old edge lords IRL and Dana White is more than happy to egg it on as no one is talking about things like pension, health care, or the massive lawsuit backing them into a corner.

I guess it's a conceptual discussion of where the line is - if we can make fun of someone for being abused as a child, there literally is no line. Family, religion, ethnicity - it's all fair game.

Which is pretty fucked up, but I guess that's the world we live in.
there really is no line, except for the law, and the personal tastes of viewers / fans. fans express their tastes by giving attention to the fighters they’re interested in, which doesn’t always line up with what they say (e.g., by saying how much they hate colby, but watching all his interviews and talking about him all day).

as to the tastes of fans, there’s never going to be agreement on what “too far” is. some people say making fun of islam is too far, but you can frequently see those same people making fun of christian beliefs. and some people say bringing up leon’s father is too far, but then those same people won’t hesitate to bring up colby covington’s family. and you can even see people who think sean using the word “fa**ot” is too far, but they’ll happily use racially incendiary terms for sean. you don’t have to look too long for examples of people’s hypocrisy.

i personally wouldn’t make fun of sean’s childhood trauma, but they are just words. sean’s a big boy, he can handle the banter. and if he’s upset about it, he has a chance to beat up his verbal assailant.

I did. When you start mouthing off to everyone and someone finally one-ups you, you don't go on a victim tour defining new boundaries that only apply to you. You can't feel sympathetic to a person who attacks people unprovoked.
I don't feel sympathy

Is Sean Strickland a complete asshole that unnecessarily shit-talks people? 100% yes, but I think he kept the justifiable line of making it about stuff they did as adults in public.

They could've hit him back for being a moron, a reformed neo-nazi, destroying his leg on a motorcycle, etc. Except they needed to "up the ante" by finding something even more offensive to go after, which is getting abused a child.

Seems like we need to know where the line in the sand is, otherwise we are all playing in shit.

I think you are giving Sean too much credit. I do not doubt for a second that if he knew some dirt about their childhood he would throw it in their face.

This really shows that you are either arguing in bad faith, lack reading comprehension, are not a very intelligent person, or a combination of the three. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Or that I just hold people to the same standards. Sean was happy to talk shit until people were talking about his life. The video is right there. He said he believes children should be beaten and not just disciplined. He said that. All DDP said is that he would do that to him. It's tame by Sean's standards.

He doesn't get to say something is off limits and call it off now. He went after all these people and instead of them getting upset, they just gave it back to him and now he needs a safe space. Sean's all for free speech and talking shit until it's him getting talked about.

I think O'malley went too far personally, but Sean has said just as much bad shit and could always just fight him if it bothers him.

I would like to confirm you know he wasn't sexually abused right? O'malley is just making shit up like Sean did about Ian Garry. Sean was physically abused by his dad. DDP just said he would beat him worse than that, which Sean said he was all for happening to kids so they grow some balls. He has said this multiple times in different interviews.

O'malley's jokes are the line in my opinion, but DDP was fine. So Sean is getting upset about something he said he agrees with or something that isn't true and I am meant to feel sorry for him? Nah he doesn't get that after going so hard on other fighters and talking about being able to rape them and shitting on their wife and kids, who can't fight back.

How many threads do we need at this point for everyone to say the same thing the same topic? Lol
Until Sean's Sherdog profile finally becomes public and we work out who he is by the people defending him.

Jokes aside there wasn't much else to talk about after that fight card. We kinda got nothing major besides this brawl and some good KO gifs.

He could've easily just said he attacked DDP for "talking shit" and nobody would have batted an eye.

The dude's whole image is based on not giving a fuck. No idea why he tried to pull the victim card all of a sudden. Mostly just seems like he's self destructing in the spotlight.

This is a good video I posted before that shows Strickland saying fathers should beat their kids, give underage kids alcohol and drugs to toughen them up. He claims all of the kids today are too soft. He also has said repeatedly that women should be kept in the kitchen and their right to vote should be taken away as they have resulted in degeneration of society with right to vote and make decisions. He has made sexist, homophobic and racist remarks every chance he has gotten.

As is the case with bullies, once they meet someone who is stronger and more mentally powerful than them, they become victims and crybabies. Strickland is exhibiting classic bully behavior.

This is how he looked when Dricus was pulled off of him

Last edited:
Don't play a silly bean counting game when it comes to these things. All of those quips were beyond the pale and Strickland crying about it now, trying to draw a line that is convenient for him is ridiculous. If he weren't an absolute dumbass, he would reflect on his role in this and maybe learn something.

What is the logic here? So if Belal Muhammad starts talking crazy trash about Leon Edwards, it would be ok for Leon to say "at least my people aren't getting blown up by bombs bro!"

The crazy part is I've been seeing most of Sherdog is onboard with this. There is a huge difference between mocking true victimhood and trash talking about someone's lifestyle choices made as an adult.

Back