Seattle's Crusade Against "The Rich": $47 million Head Tax is repealed a month after it was signed

Praying for a 10.0 quake to turn seattle into rubble. Fuck em.

Once again, you've completely missed the point, and possibly the news headline itself.

Want to change the State's tax system? Do it legally.
What in my post suggested anything other than doing it legally?

Washington ranks 33rd in overall taxes according to this:

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-highest-lowest-tax-burden/20494/

So asking high income earners to pay a little more to fund education and affordable housing doesn't seem like an unreasonable thing to do in an area with a strong local economy. Keep in mind I'm neither supporting or criticizing it, but if you look at the facts it's certainly nothing to lose your head over. If there is a real need to increase funding to education and housing it makes sense.
Except that it's not going to educational funding. And now you've given more money away until the next tax hike proposition. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Why?

We have the number 1 economy ranked by state, and our deficit is more healthy than the majority of other states.

They wanted a huge multi-billion dollar mass transit project, and people voted for it.

Where is the need?

Perhaps Inslee and company should focus on housing costs if they want to help the poor.

Inslee doesn't give a fuck, he's gone come the next election.

fuck'em... it's not gonna pass.. besides.. we already have a bullshit B&O tax on small business which operates like a income tax on gross earnings..

btw.. fuck ST3

When Commies go full Communist

When morons crap their pants mistaking Keynesians for Communists.

What's funny is that the more you cry wolf to resist the incremental and pragmatic changes of liberal capitalists who actually function to safeguard hoarded wealth and protect standards of inequality, the more you intensify and make imminent the arrival of the actual communists who break your teeth.

No I'm not a dumbass for thinking that. If I'm at 240, I'm making sure I stay under 250. Unless I clearly blow past 250.
If you make 240, you're making 240.

If you make 251, you're makign 250,000 - (1,000* .0225) = 250,977.50

fuck'em... it's not gonna pass..

This illegal tax is already passed, since the Seatle City Council unanimously voted among themselves last month, knowing full well they don't have the authority to unilaterally enacting new taxes under the State constitution.

The state constitution says taxes must be uniform within a class of property; a 1984 state law bars cities from taxing net income; and cities must have state authority to enact taxes.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/seattl...ch-appears-headed-for-court-battle-1500555600

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...l-to-vote-today-on-income-tax-on-the-wealthy/

Last edited:
Oh ok so you're just making assumptions.
Sounding naïve. Funny, every year taxes are proposed for education or infrastructure and every year it's not enough, however, every year the same politicians pay checks increase.

Sounding naïve. Funny, every year taxes are proposed for education or infrastructure and every year it's not enough, however, every year the same politicians pay checks increase.
Why am I naive? Because I don't believe claims without evidence? Yup, you got me!

ridiculous

if you're going to implement a state tax, do it legally and for the entire working population

No I'm not a dumbass for thinking that. If I'm at 240, I'm making sure I stay under 250. Unless I clearly blow past 250.
that doeant make any financial sense. unless its on principle to just not pay seattle any money at all.

really?

@ 250k you are paying an extra $6,250 in taxes. All you need to make is a bit past 257k and you are past even money. A proper raise would already blow past those taxes.

can't believe people are bitching about a 2.5% tax @ 250k. I am living in the wrong state for sure...

anybody in here from WA and make 250K+?

cuz if not, yet you're for this, your opinion is largely irrelevant. It's easy as shit to say 'tax the wealthy' when you, yourself, aren't in that group

anybody in here from WA and make 250K+?

cuz if not, yet you're for this, your opinion is largely irrelevant. It's easy as shit to say 'tax the wealthy' when you, yourself, aren't in that group

no but I live in NJ and I get taxed way more than 2.5% at my tax bracket...

Just sayin'...

no but I live in NJ and I get taxed way more than 2.5% at my tax bracket...

Just sayin'...
ok how would you like to have your taxes raised by 2.5% then?

while getting absolutely nothing in return?

if you say you're down, I have no idea what to tell you

Back