Sergei is nothing new or special.

I love Jones I just want to see him fight the 1-style that has avoided him his entire career. He's never faced a huge 1-punch killer like Rumble, Francis, or Pavlovich.
I’d say Vitor, Santos, Rampage and OSP all had 1 punch ko power. Bader and Glover also had very heavy hands.

Is there some data on that? What's the criteria?
@Hellowhosthat posts incredibly insightful threads he has an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of MMA fighters from many different promotions

He also doesn’t start shit or get carded for being bigoted or infringing on rules.

All round solid guy and great poster. He’s been nominated for poster of the year before I think too.

@Hellowhosthat posts incredibly insightful threads he has an almost encyclopaedic knowledge of MMA fighters from many different promotions

He also doesn’t start shit or get carded for being bigoted or infringing on rules.

All round solid guy and great poster. He’s been nominated for poster of the year before I think too.

This all just subjective opinion stuff. And the only person liking this post is the guy your praising, which is pretty damn telling.

Sergei will be disposed of as soon as he gets taken down. People will say HW is terrible and people will pretend he was never good. Gane was thrown away and dismissed as a white belt. History will be rewritten and people will say of course if Overeem can take you down like that so could Jones. Atleast Stipe is a champ.

<PlusJuan>

And it's not like they think Pavlovich is more skilled than Jones. They're just hoping that Pavlovich catches him in the first round with a fluke punch, before Jones has the time to exploit all of his technical deficiencies. They know that Jones is the more sound, complete MMA fighter.

Do you think Stipe is more skilled than Jones?

If not, wouldn't it make Pav more of a threat considering Stipe would be outskilled WITHOUT a puncher's chance?

Sergei is the number one contender. He just knocked out Blaydes quickly. Only two other people who have done that are BB and Ngannou whom both fought for gold. He also has six KOs in a row which is some kind of record. If you can honestly tell me a more enticing contender for that title I would really like to know

And clinging to the Overeem loss is the real desperation. Overeem is an absolute beast and all time great. That was Sergei's first fight in UFC. So let's focus on his win streak instead

Reactions: JKS
Why are we even talking about this Jones is gonna he gifted an easy win over Stipe and retire

Yeah, putting Duffee, Carwin and JDS in the same sentence was dumb. Prime JDS was by far the best striker of the three. He had wins over future or former champs Werdum, Cain, Stipe and Mir along with Cro-Cop, Hunt, Gonzaga, Rothwell and others--and even late-career wins over Lewis and Tuivasa when JDS was WAY past his prime.

Carwin hit very hard and was dangerous, but JDS was far more technical and fast as shown when they fought each other. Duffee appeared to have the tools to be a great wrestle-boxer, but was one of those guys who never recovered from his first KO loss. I'd say Sergei is closest to Carwin's accomplishments at this point (certainly below JDS and above Duffee) and maybe closest to him stylistically--but they're still diffferent fighters.
Sergei doesn't hit anywhere as hard Carwin but has more reach. Much less Ngannou. Ngannou, Carwin. and sometimes even JDS displayed one hit ko power on many occasions. Sergei usually has to beat up people for large of a round before finally tkoing them.

Reactions: mkt
Sergei usually has to beat up people for the entire round before finally tkoing them.

Opera-Snapshot-2023-05-23-231404-www-tapology-com.png

7Oi4t9X.gif

He's beaten 3 sold top 10 guys. Weather it's the fight everyone wants to see or not, his next fight or the one after should be a title shot, regardless of who holds the belt at that time.

None of them lasted even close to an entire round like you initially claimed.
Doesn't change the fact he lacks one hit ko power, and just swarms people with his reach after they turtle up.

And it works for him.
Sure, but he is not Ngannou level based on his current feats. I'm not sure if he is better than even Carwin. Carwin had more power but less reach. Prime JDS was faster than both and very well could more power than Sergei.

Love how when someone has success you have haters come out to make sure everyone knows they are nothing special.

But Pavlovich has 6 straight 1st round KOs. We’ve never seen that before in the UFC. Shane Carwin didn’t do that. JDS didn’t either, and lord knows Todd Duffee didn’t.

So yeah, even among good KO artists, Sergei is special. He’s a legit fit 260 with big power and a massive ape index. Thats special.
Current heavyweight UFC is a joke in terms of skills and talent, which made it easy for him to stack up kos. Similar situation to Fedor and Travis Fulton going on long streaks against cans and/or onedimensional fighters.

Pavlovich has 6 consecutive wins by first-round knockout (record!!) and you guys think he's mediocre? lol stop protecting Jones from the #1 contender.
Not medicore, elite for heavyweights but not as good as Ngannou, Miocic, Werdum, DC, Cain.
Gane was destroying contenders as well with his striking and look what happened. Pavlovich is still a mystery. We don't know how good his wrestling is. One trip takedown after Overeem capitilised on Sergei lifting knee doesn't indicate much, but how Overeem destroyed him on the ground is a red flag. We don't know how his striking would look if he doesn't get 1st round KO. I think Gane would solidny outstrike him, unless Sergei's wrestling background is legit

Back