News Sergei Pavlovich vs. Alexander Volkov set as co-main event for UFC Saudi Arabia, June 22nd

Who you got?

• Total voters
Interesting fight. Since Volkov has been Uber Volkov people haven’t really had success in bullying him (outside of the champ) he had issues with the speed and slickness of Gane and Aspinall in terms of striking but that shouldn’t be an issue here.
Pav seems to have 1 way of fighting and it’s being an absolute bully with high count combinations and thudding power that overwhelms these other HW’s even cracking our Champion Aspinall early.
This is a good test to see how Pav deals with somebody who isn’t easy to put away and who shares some scary power too.

I’m leaning Pav by TKO in 2 but I’m really interested in seeing how scrappy Uber Volkov is. When he was skinny he was always willing to scrap so watching a legit hitter that isn’t Tai will be fun.

I rather see Sergey vs Gane
Yeah kind of disappointed this isn't the fight. You would think it's the best possible HW fight they could make outside of Aspinall, Jon, or Stipe. Is Gane still holding out thinking he's going to get a title shot or what's up with that?

Yeah kind of disappointed this isn't the fight. You would think it's the best possible HW fight they could make outside of Aspinall, Jon, or Stipe. Is Gane still holding out thinking he's going to get a title shot or what's up with that?
Perhaps Gane has finally gotten the message and is working on his grappling but generally I feel part of the problem a lot of modern HW's have in terms of devolping is that fights against elite opponents are so rare they don't get tested fully very often, it becomes easy to keep on winning mid level fights (by the standards of say 10+ years ago) doing the same thing and not advancing your game.

This is fine but Pav/Gane was the obvious fight to make.

I like Gane but he comes across as kind of protected imo. Not saying he necessarily loses to Pav, but its a very high risk fight and it isnt for a title.

Wait what happened to the Almeida matchup. Also Pav by bodyshot KO.
Has he ever thrown a body shot? I can't recall.

Good fight, bad matchup for Volkov, he is very vulnerable to power punches with spéd and reach.

Back