****serious gun thread***

i dont think he will do that. I have seen some full autos in pawn shops in D-town pawn shops. How many guns do you got?

Well I live in Cali, and you know how the laws here are... As far as your buddy goes, tell him to just start off with an AR. I built an AR with an 18 inch heavy barrel DPMS upper, a rock river arms lower with a hogue grip and a standard A2 butt stock.

The best part about this is that I can now buy a new upper, which I plan to go for a free float, 20 inch flat top, add a scope and turn it into a sniper rifle. Switch out the uppers any time I feel. Oh the advantages of an AR...

Anybody on here into long range shooting? Just got my first serious rifle. A couple years old Remington Model 700 in .308. Shot it today with some ammo I picked up from an apache helicopter pilot friend. Its belted .308 ammo with every fifth being a tracer.

Well I live in Cali, and you know how the laws here are... As far as your buddy goes, tell him to just start off with an AR. I built an AR with an 18 inch heavy barrel DPMS upper, a rock river arms lower with a hogue grip and a standard A2 butt stock.

The best part about this is that I can now buy a new upper, which I plan to go for a free float, 20 inch flat top, add a scope and turn it into a sniper rifle. Switch out the uppers any time I feel. Oh the advantages of an AR...

hmmm how hard is it to build your own gun? i know its cheaper to get it in pieces.

hmmm how hard is it to build your own gun? i know its cheaper to get it in pieces.

Well it's actually quite a bit cheaper to build. I paid about $400 for the upper, $180 for lower, $60 for the lower parts kit, I think $30 for the Hogue grip, and don't remember for the Stock. Add that up and it's a lot cheaper than a pre-made....oh I forgot the bullet button (fucking Cali...blushes in embarrassment)

I really isn't too difficult to build an AR with the right tools but it does take getting used to. I can't say I did it alone so I won't. My buddy had all the right knowledge, experience and tools but he's not a professional so if you put the right amount of time into it than it's really not that bad.

I really isn't too difficult to build an AR with the right tools but it does take getting used to. I can't say I did it alone so I won't. My buddy had all the right knowledge, experience and tools but he's not a professional so if you put the right amount of time into it than it's really not that bad.

how long did it take you? (you have hacks because your in the army )

Interesting.

Quote from Gen. James Conway, Commandant, USMC on calls to replace the Marines' M16A4 rifle with the M4 carbine.

"Marines like that M4 carbine because it looks cool. And I've had some Marines complain to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff saying 'you know, the officers are getting these things, but we're still having to carry this rifle.' Well, the Marine Corps will always be a rifle Marine Corps. The carbine is an extension of the pistol, not a reduction of a rifle. And in the Afghanistan scenario where you're shooting long distances you gotta be able to reach out and touch 'em. And a carbine is just not designed to do that."

Maybe I mixed them up with army. Lol at looking cool.

Its not me who wants it, but i am interested to hear what its like. The person who wants it is a friend of mine. He wants a rifle different from the Ak or Ar series guns.

BTW how do you test get to test those? Do you sign a sheet or something?

It's easy to spend someone else's money, but there's a plethora of options aside from AKs or ARs.

SKS, FN-FALs, M1, FNP-90 (there's a civilian designator I don't remember), Barrett M82, Galils and there's a new chinese bullpup rifle that was just imported. I have seen all of these rifles at the SAXET gun show that travels through most of Texas. If your "buddy" is willing to drop what would be several thousand for a XM8, then he can afford to buy all the ones above. Also, if he has that much money to waste, Texas does grant Class III weapon permits so you can collect full auto weapons Uzis, Thompsons, MAC-10, MP5 and etc. How about a mini-gun? I saw one being sold for over $100k on gun broker.

that one looks alright...i would think canada would be much more lean-it with its gun laws.

You mean lenient? Gun laws here are certainly more restricted than in the states, but not as strict as some countries. Our government likes to ban certain weapons based on how "evil" they look, which is why we can't get AK's, or any of it's variants. They'll still let us buy .50 BMG rifles though. We can build canons if we want to. We can also get alot of the Chinese rifles that I don't think are easy to get in the states. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

the new beretta ARX160 puts all these guns in their place. Does everything the XM8 does as far as easy barrel changes/different options but then goes even further with a reversible cocking handle and left or right shell discharging.

Great accuracy and minimal recoil

I am kinda thinking about getting my dad a new pistol for his birthday in August (in addition to getting myself a Benelli shotgun or a AR).. he already has a Ruger Single Action .22 and .44 magnum... and he really likes the 1911 Springfield Arms .45 I got for my birthday. Any suggestions? Maybe a .357 magnum or a 9mm?

the Finnish Valmet
valmet_95_762.jpg

is an improved Ak47

they did do civilian semi-autos for a while but the laws here state that you can't have any semi-auto weapons with a military look

I didn't mean the actual look. I was just commenting on how much it kicked up. With that small of a round there should be very little muzzle jump. It's a cool gun but doesn't seem practical. I've seen Ak's that were less jumpy, and they shoot a 7.62.

they are mostly polymers, i hate plastic and aluminum framed guns... they feel like handling toys and every one i have shot has been so poorly balanced they just feel awkward. im not really into tactical guns except for bolt rifles like the t/c warlord and such. i guess if i was to get an ar it would have to be a mini -14 or an ak. i despise the gas operated trash. blowback operated guns are far superior imo.

they are mostly polymers, i hate plastic and aluminum framed guns... they feel like handling toys and every one i have shot has been so poorly balanced they just feel awkward. im not really into tactical guns except for bolt rifles like the t/c warlord and such. i guess if i was to get an ar it would have to be a mini -14 or an ak. i despise the gas operated trash. blowback operated guns are far superior imo.

Both the AK and Mini-14 use a gas operated piston. The only rifle that I am aware of off the top of my head that uses direct "blowback" is the Marlin 60 .22lr.

Both the AK and Mini-14 use a gas operated piston. The only rifle that I am aware of off the top of my head that uses direct "blowback" is the Marlin 60 .22lr.
youre right they are. my bad, but im curious how the only rimfire you could think of is the marlin. lol the 10/22 is usually the most popular. and as far as i know all the rimfire 22 autos are blowback.

Back