Movies SHANG-CHI (Crosses $400 Million Worldwide, Becomes Highest U.S. Grossing Movie of Pandemic Era)

If you have seen SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
lol Did everyone only read "asian" and have a freak out?
He has an interesting story, that could most definitely make for an interesting movie.
He isn't just "some asian guy". He is the son of a villain. His father trains him to be an assassin, and then he ends up turning into a good guy. Sounds like an interesting plot to me.

It certainly has potential. IIRC, Marvel lost the rights to use Fu Manchu. Maybe they could make Shang Chi's father the real Mandarin and automatically tie in with the Iron Man part of the MCU-verse.

It certainly has potential. IIRC, Marvel lost the rights to use Fu Manchu. Maybe they could make Shang Chi's father the real Mandarin and automatically tie in with the Iron Man part of the MCU-verse.
I like that
<mma4>

They should do a Batroc the Leaper movie instead. His backstory is cooler. Former Legionnaire and shit.

Can't wait for this film to be rethought and canceled altogether.

Shang-chi?
No, shang-chu!
TjhCDIj.gif

lol Did everyone only read "asian" and have a freak out?
He has an interesting story, that could most definitely make for an interesting movie.
He isn't just "some asian guy". He is the son of a villain. His father trains him to be an assassin, and then he ends up turning into a good guy. Sounds like an interesting plot to me.

So the plot would be like Batman and Ras Al Ghul? I'd be interested

This is awesome. Shang Chi is a really cool street level hero.

Why are people crying about This.

He also played an important role in Hickmans Avengers run.

MCU wants an Asian hero but Marvel never had a decent one to use. The comics never had a great black hero (other than maybe Storm) but Disney was still able to create a smash hit with Black Panther. The only decent Asian Marvel character I can think of is Sunfire from the X-men. And Psylocke, but she started off as a British woman.

Another d list comic charachters dude gets a $200 million dollar pos movie

Give us Fist of the Northstar over this one if the movie studios really want an asian lead for a film

Pandering to China seeing as they have invested heavily in Hollywood studios recently and the massive returns on movies released here.

I will LMAO if they have some ABC and their shit tier level Chinese is used in the film.

No, I will not be watching the Bruce Lee rip-off Marvel character’s movie.
Marvel introduced this character in December of 1973.....
<{hfved}>
How convenient...

Warner Brothers owns Mortal Kombat. They should do a counter movie about Liu Kang called “Bicycle Kick” and just fill it to the brim with non stop action, and feature a comic book villain as the antagonist. Maybe someone like Gorilla Grodd. Have Liu in there just smashing the piss out of ape after ape.

Why they keep putting out stuff I never heard of. I swear I was into marvel as a kid but never seen this character before. I would like to see a spiderman series since it's so complicated but I doubt it will ever happen.

What is difference between Shang Chi and Iron Fist? Plus I bet they will cast a transgender Black Female in the role of Shang Chi.
Wouldn't it be hilarious if they cast Idris Elba for the role?

I wonder who the SJWs would side with

Here comes Hernia-Man!

upload_2018-12-5_11-43-18.png

Marvel should buy up all the rights to Valiant characters and throw Dr. Mirage into the MCU.

My personal favorite for Asian super hero characters. Match him up with a hot young black actress to play his wife...

<Baelish01>

Even better, match him up with a hot young white actress, sit back and wait for the backlash.

Nah, maybe beef noodle soup but Chinese broth has no flavor, it’s basically water. I like miso ramen and Pho with rare steak

Something tells me you've either never been to China or has only been to one province in China.

This isn’t even B level.

Marvel went straight to the D level hero’s

That's what I thought when they announced the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I'm like who the fuck are those?

And then I saw the reviews and watched the movie and now I'm a fan.

Back