Sherdog double standards

OP called out Sherdog on double standards for different athletes testing positive. I just offered an explanation as to why the two people in his example are under different levels of scrutiny. Cyborg simply still looks very muscular and is female. While Ortega looks like an average gym goer. Its simply a possible explanation as to why the double standard might exist in the case of Cyborg and Ortega. Where in the world did I ever suggest that pictures are the ultimate proof for steroid use? If anything is retarded its your reading comprehension.
My apologies than, if that wasn´t your intention. I just saw that you posted 2 gifs and said "i don´t care, let them bang", but maybe I didn´t read quite until the end, where you talked about the eye test, implying that is the reason.

Romero doesn´t look natural. Let´s just all consider he is on roids.
5effd1767b36f90713af52f12e4ac338
He looks a hell of a lot more natural that Cyborg!

And frankly, I think he is completely suspect as well, for primarily the same reason.. his past record...

After you test positive, you are going to be under a microscope, that is the reality. Cyborg will never shake the accusations, because she has one strike already.

Ortega popped in 2014, 1st fight in the UFC :
"still my boy; He looks soft; Only popped once; He´s a humble kid; That was 3 years ago; But he apologized for his mistake; oh well, but USADA is ok with him now."

Cyborg popped only once in 2011 :
"Fuck that cheater; She´s ugly looks like Wanderlei; It doesn´t matter if she failed once, still a cheat; Who cares if it was not under USADA, she still cheated; everything she´s ever done is due to sterois."
<Fedor23>

By sherdog´s logic, nothing Ortega ever does in his undefeated career should really matter since he already popped for roids, therefore he should automatcially be considered a lying cheating scumbag for the rest of his career, right?

Yes he was busted and that will always be a black eye on his career, but he admitted it was his weakness, apologized to everyone he letdown etc etc....unlike 99% of other fighters who get caught and would rather lie lie lie....

So I give him some credit in that aspect...yes he still cheated but at the very least he owned up to it...unlike Cyborg who lied...lied lied.

Source
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Brian-Ortega-Apologizes-for-Failed-Drug-Test-at-UFC-on-Fox-12-72371

It's the "testing paradox". Athletes get tested and pass the tests. If the athlete is caught, that automatically means he or she was cheating also when he or she passed. This means that a lot of false negatives occur only for one group of fighters, while the tests are 100% reliable for another group.

And....she does kinda look like Wanderley.

Ortega popped in 2014, 1st fight in the UFC :
"still my boy; He looks soft; Only popped once; He´s a humble kid; That was 3 years ago; But he apologized for his mistake; oh well, but USADA is ok with him now."

Cyborg popped only once in 2011 :
"Fuck that cheater; She´s ugly looks like Wanderlei; It doesn´t matter if she failed once, still a cheat; Who cares if it was not under USADA, she still cheated; everything she´s ever done is due to sterois."
<Fedor23>

By sherdog´s logic, nothing Ortega ever does in his undefeated career should really matter since he already popped for roids, therefore he should automatcially be considered a lying cheating scumbag for the rest of his career, right?

who cares?

You can believe whatever you want.

If USADA cleared her, that´s what matters.

Not really, because you posted about 'Sherdog's Double Standard' not whether she should be allowed to compete.

The reason there is a double standard comes down to the fact that people do not believe Cyborg. No one is saying she should be DQ'ed from competition without proper due process... that would be ridiculous and unfair.

Given the narrative around Cyborg, how her previous record with regards to testing and PED's, it is absolutely relevant. Just because USADA clear her, does not mean that public skepticism will disappear.

She is a proven drug cheat, and therefore the bar is higher for her to earn the public trust back. That is not going to happen when she is getting flagged by USADA. The old adage, where there is smoke, there is fire applies.

Not really, because you posted about 'Sherdog's Double Standard' not whether she should be allowed to compete.

The reason there is a double standard comes down to the fact that people do not believe Cyborg. No one is saying she should be DQ'ed from competition without proper due process... that would be ridiculous and unfair.

Given the narrative around Cyborg, how her previous record with regards to testing and PED's, it is absolutely relevant. Just because USADA clear her, does not mean that public skepticism will disappear.

She is a proven drug cheat, and therefore the bar is higher for her to earn the public trust back. That is not going to happen when she is getting flagged by USADA. The old adage, where there is smoke, there is fire applies.
Ortega is a proven drug cheat too. The same people that bash Cyborg should all bash him and put him under the same kind of scrutiny for the rest of his career. Just sayin...

Totally forgot about that, disappointing to see.

Fighting's never been the cleanest of sports to begin with but fans, fighters, and the UFC pushed for USADA and extra testing. Now that guys are getting popped, I'm standing more and more with USADA. Only way anything will change.

Back