Sherdog finally writes reasonable article about Greg Hardy

He's not the first cage fighter to have issues in his personal life, and he certainly won't be the last. He absolutely deserves a chance to make a living, especially considering he was never actually convicted of a crime. What else is he supposed to do? We're supposed to discard him as a society and never give him a second change in life because of mistakes he made in his past?

He actually was convicted. South Carolina law allows you to have a jury trial if convicted in a bench trial (WT?). His girl didn't show for the re-trial so he got off.

He threw a woman on to a couch covered with guns. Let him go be a bouncer somewhere.

Michelle Beadle called Dana on his cringe worthy justification of Greg Hardy. I like her.

He's a POS, but that's hardly reason to ban someone from fighting in the Octagon, if it was the UFC wouldn't have many fighters.

Let him fight, if nothing else it will shut this A-level athlete shit down when he gets sparked.

Just say "finally an article by someone who shares my opinion" when that's what you actually mean lol

So, he got excommunicated by the NFL for beating women, and decided to become a professional fighter. Yeah, I'm sure that'll calm him down.

So, he got excommunicated by the NFL for beating women, and decided to become a professional fighter. Yeah, I'm sure that'll calm him down.
He was given a shot after beating his girlfriend. He just didn’t produce as well and became expendable.

Do flew 5 ft back from a jab landing on him. That fight was whoever lands the first big shot was going to win. He landdd first. Good for him. He is going to get starched by a well rounded fighter

we all make mistakes, we all have had and deserve 2nd chances. Let the man have a shot at making a living. He's not bad, and is an incredible athlete. We see him on TV, his personal life shouldn't matter to us... we're just fans of the sport.

It’s
You never know. You could get with a crazy girl. (I know the thought of a woman sounds crazy) but heat me out.
You are always at a woman’s mercy. She can accuse you of anything. And you will be arrested.
Your post sounds reasonable, but let's not forget - a guy can also be crazy. And especially NFL guys - all of them suffered some form of head injury one way or the other.

How were the others unreasonable?
They were cheap emotional pleas about how Greg Hardy is a terrible person and how this send a bad message. This states how Hardy was punished and that barring a man from working does not help solve domestic violence. The scrutiny will follow him the rest of his career and Dana White made it clear if he did something like this again he's out.

Do flew 5 ft back from a jab landing on him. That fight was whoever lands the first big shot was going to win. He landdd first. Good for him. He is going to get starched by a well rounded fighter
Gif or source for this jab making him fly back five feet or you're just talking shit. He did avoid jump back and avoid a sloppy jab from Lane right before KO'ing him, if that's what your imagination has construed as being knocked back.

I Can't wait to see him fight against UFC level heavyweights. Lots of whiny girls in here that should be wanting the same

Greg Hardy is a woman beating pile of shit. If there is any such thing as karma in the universe he will somehow get quaded in an mma fight. Seeing that lowlife reduced to a shopping cart would warm my heart.

Pedophile =/= Woman Beater

A lot of the previous sherdog articles about Greg Hardy were emotionally charged and did not communicate anything but Greg Hardy is bad.
This one had some nuance. He was an extremely talented pass rusher, who was on track to make life changing money at a young age. Even if he became HW champ in the ufc, he would never make anything close to what he would make in the NFL. He has been punished sufficiently and not allowing him to make a living does not help fight domestic violence.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/The-Bottom-Line-Greg-Hardy-Signing-a-Defensible-Decision-138275

You're completely wrong. None of the articles simply said that Hardy is bad and the way they were written was also nuanced. None of them advocated that he be made unemployable for the crime that he was found guilty based upon the preponderance of evidence.

Greg Hardy was never really punished, he never spent a minute in jail. His 'sufficient punishment' according to Todd Martin was losing the chance to play in the NFL.

I don't have a big issue if he is able to fight in the UFC but what it shows is that Dana is being selective when he brings up the DV issue with fighters.

Back