SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 112 movie!

Sherdog Movie Club: Let's Pick the Week 112 Movie!

• The Handmaiden (2016)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The Ardennes (2015)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Borgman (2013)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Light Sleeper (1992)

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that sissy ass Light Sleeper

That's a Paul Schrader movie you uncouth, swine-faced reprobate! The guy who wrote Taxi Driver and Raging Bull!

you-are-killing-me-robert-de-niro-taxi-driver.gif

It was a coinflip for me between Handmaiden and Light Sleeper, so my vote goes for LS.

3-3 so far (I assume @Cubo de Sangre votes for Borgman)

Let's say that if it's a draw, we go for Borgman, considering the controversy

Drug dealing Dafoe.

Also, as far as new members voting after the poll already started. I guess it makes sense to make them wait, but I just don't care either way :)

And I guess anyone joining in the final week shouldn't be in the rotation for that cycle. As long as they have a chance to sit back and watch how it goes for a couple of weeks before their turn, it's fine with me if they have a week.

That's a real nice MacWelles AV you've got there.
Thanks! I can't think of any better character still portraits than those of Welles' Macbeth and Fallstaff and as mma bettor I really like this concept in Macbeth, that you never know if you're actually just the fool in some grand scheme of fate and the Furies.

Thanks! I can't think of any better character still portraits than those of Welles' Macbeth and Fallstaff

6dbd68e57b388c54f962e3a74f8639fe.jpg

I nominated Chimes at Midnight one week. Didn't win though.

Thanks! I can't think of any better character still portraits than those of Welles' Macbeth and Fallstaff and as mma bettor I really like this concept in Macbeth, that you never know if you're actually just the fool in some grand scheme of fate and the Furies.
I've seen some great Falstaffs, but Welles' portrayal is my favorite, and Chimes at Midnight is my favorite film of his.

This piece of trivia makes me laugh:

In 1964, Welles met and befriended Spanish film producer Emiliano Piedra, who wanted to work with him. Piedra did not think a Shakespearian film was marketable enough and proposed that Welles make a version of Treasure Island instead. Welles agreed to this on condition that he could simultaneously make Chimes at Midnight, and Piedra agreed not knowing that Welles had no intention of making Treasure Island. Although some B-roll footage of the Alicante departing from port was shot early in the production, no scenes from Treasure Island were ever shot or even scripted. Welles got away with this trick throughout pre-production by building sets that could be used in both films, such as Mistress Quickly's Boar's Head Tavern, which would double as the Admiral Benbow Inn. Welles also cast each actor in both films, casting himself as Long John Silver, Baxter as Dr. Livesey, Beckley as Israel Hands and Gielgud as Squire Trelawney.[40] Ironically Welles would eventually play Long John Silver in the unrelated 1972 film version of Treasure Island.[41]
I nominated Chimes at Midnight one week. Didn't win though.
Which means anybody is free to nominate it again

Sooo is my vote counted for this current selection? If yes, I choose Light Sleeper. If not, feel free to ignore it. I honestly don't mind waiting until the next poll.

Sooo is my vote counted for this current selection? If yes, I choose Light Sleeper. If not, feel free to ignore it. I honestly don't mind waiting until the next poll.

Yeah. Your vote made it a draw so we're voting manually now to resolve it. Was some scuffling about the rules but we'll do it this way I guess

5-3 for Light Sleeper with 5 potential voters remaining.

If we look at precedent -- shadow_priest played fast-and-loose with that rule, doing it sometimes and not doing it on other weeks. I've always held the rule of closing the vote roughly after the 48 hours have ran out (in case of situations like this). Even after every vote was counted.

But man, it's just a film club. Legal minutia should not be the point of discussions. What do others think? Let me hear some voices from other members. I'm following what I believe to be established precedent here. Do you guys think that the current system is flawed and should be reversed, as Cubo thinks?

And is the @ batsignal not working again?

My whole worldview is basically this.......

anarchy-gif.gif

giphy.webp

<28>

Few actors defy categorization quite like Nicolas Cage. Anyone can be good, but only Nicolas Cage can be Nicolas Cage.....

My Top 5......

Bump.

5-4 for Lights Out

4 votes left to be cast

We Have A Winner!

MPW-52041

Next week is Paul Schrader week with Light Sleeper! We previously watched Raging Bull, written by aforementioned Schrader, but this is his first directed film in the Club! Get ready for coke-dealing Dafoe!

And yes... we adopt the new rules regarding voting after this week.

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @Lights Out 101

Don't forget the Battle Royale nominations!

Crap! Somehow I missed all of this. I've been so busy on the other thread I had no idea we had a tie. I haven't gone back and read to see what happened. Ill do that next. I woulda voted Borgman. I thought from looking at the votes that it was a done deal. Sorry dudes :(

Alright, we have a Draw between everyone's favorite Mega Man villain and every teenager's favorite activity... sleeping. All due to the heroic, last-minute, self-sacrificing vote cast by our newest neophyte, Lights Out 101. Now for the next 24 Hours we will cast our votes manually between these two to determine to the winner. Just made a post stating whatever movie you wish to see win.

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @Lights Out 101

Don't forget your nominations for next weeks Battle Royale.

I didn't get my notification so I missed the vote :(

I didn't get my notification so I missed the vote :(

What!?

Did anyone else get their notification?

Are you absolutely sure? Could you go back in your alert history and check just to be sure? Just search "mentioned" and look if I did it.

This is quite aggravating since if you would have voted -- Borgman would have won, under the agrement:mad:

After thinking a little more, here's my problem with this week. Everyone who was in the club voted and a film won. The vote should have been over at that point.

I thought it was done and missed the revote :(

Back