SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 112 movie!

Sherdog Movie Club: Let's Pick the Week 112 Movie!

• The Handmaiden (2016)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • The Ardennes (2015)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Borgman (2013)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Light Sleeper (1992)

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what movie are we supposed to watch?

Light Sleeper, dammit!

I just realized... maybe not everyone got the winner-batsignal... sigh.<1>

We Have A Winner!

MPW-52041

Next week is Paul Schrader week with Light Sleeper! We previously watched Raging Bull, written by aforementioned Schrader, but this is his first directed film in the Club! Get ready for coke-dealing Dafoe!

And yes... we adopt the new rules regarding voting after this week.
Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @Lights Out 101

Don't forget the Battle Royale nominations!

In 1964, Welles met and befriended Spanish film producer Emiliano Piedra, who wanted to work with him. Piedra did not think a Shakespearian film was marketable enough and proposed that Welles make a version of Treasure Island instead. Welles agreed to this on condition that he could simultaneously make Chimes at Midnight, and Piedra agreed not knowing that Welles had no intention of making Treasure Island. Although some B-roll footage of the Alicante departing from port was shot early in the production, no scenes from Treasure Island were ever shot or even scripted. Welles got away with this trick throughout pre-production by building sets that could be used in both films, such as Mistress Quickly's Boar's Head Tavern, which would double as the Admiral Benbow Inn. Welles also cast each actor in both films, casting himself as Long John Silver, Baxter as Dr. Livesey, Beckley as Israel Hands and Gielgud as Squire Trelawney.[40] Ironically Welles would eventually play Long John Silver in the unrelated 1972 film version of Treasure Island.[41]

Orson be like...
200.gif

Last edited:
Orsen be like...
200.gif

F For Fake is one of only a handful of Documentaries that would have my blessing in the SMC.

Way back I read an article saying that he would basically steal props and costumes from the films he worked on so to use them in his own projects. But I can't find it or remember the details.

F For Fake is one of only a handful of Documentaries that would have my blessing in the SMC.

Way back I read an article saying that he would basically steal props and costumes from the films he worked on so to use them in his own projects. But I can't find it or remember the details.

There was only one Orson. I love this story he tells about Ernest Hemingway.

One more of Orson. This is a story he told about knowing Winston Churchill.

It's a Paul Schrader movie, Coolthulu. How could you -- with all the sciences and mental faculties that your brain possess -- not want a Schrader movie to win? It is IN-CON-CIEVABLE!

Borgman just looks like a Dutch Funny Games rip-off.

Run Tufts, Run! The Borgman voters are storming towards your home as I'm typing this!!! They're out for your blood!!!:eek::eek::eek:

zDHTHq6.gif

LOl! I can take them!

200.webp

Battle Royale Film: Train to Busan
Why I picked it: Fun flick that I came across last week on netflix.

Back