SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 129 movie!

Let's pick the week 129 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info!

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC. Or if you prefer, here's a more detailed examination.

2kc434.jpg

For those wondering... HenryFlower's theme is basically ArtemV's theme just way, waaaaaay sleazier. I personally apologize in advance for anyone offended by the bad taste that you're about to witness.

well considering it’s Spooktober....

Midnight Movies! we got splatstick Ozploitation, a surreal supernatural slasher, a body horror melter & a video nasty on deck for my week:

Here are our candidates!
Body Melt

Director: Philip Brophy

Stars: Gerard Kennedy, Andrew Daddo, Ian Smith

Premise: Residents of peaceful Pebbles Court, Homesville, are being used unknowingly as test experiments for a new 'Body Drug' that causes rapid body decomposition (melting skin etc.) and painful death.

Blood Beat

Director: Fabrice A. Zaphiratos

Stars: Helen Benton, Terry Brown, Dana Day

Premise: A woman who lives in deer-hunting country in rural Wisconsin is possessed by the spirit of a Japanese samurai warrior.

Street Trash

Director: J. Michael Muro

Stars: Mike Lackey, Bill Chepil, Vic Noto

Premise: A liquor store owner sells alcoholic beverages to homeless people, unaware of what the bottles actually contain: toxic brew.

The Driller Killer

Director: Abel Ferrara

Stars: Abel Ferrara, Carolyn Marz, Baybi Day

Premise: An artist slowly goes insane while struggling to pay his bills, work on his paintings, and care for his two female roommates, which leads him taking to the streets of New York after dark and randomly killing derelicts with a power drill.

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @jei @LHWBelt @moreorless87 @ArtemV @Bullitt68 @GSPSAKU @HenryFlower @Rimbaud82 @Deus Ex Machina

HenryFlower's list for this week is: "Top 5 movies to watch drunk w/ friends"​

I'm outta this week's poll since I don't have friends to watch movies with. :oops:

I will vote the one which sounds so ridiculous I feel like I have to see it now.

for clarification, if the drinking part does not apply to you, the general idea remains the same: What films do you enjoy watching w/ friends? some films/type of films just seem to work better in group settings or w/ a friend, yaknow? w/ the exception of one friend, I’m not going to sit down & plop my new bluray copy of Andrei Rublev into the bluray player to watch w/ some peeps.

if you’d like, you could even do something like: “Top 5 movie suggestions to watch drunk w/ friends”
the theme can be malleable

also, I apologize to everyone involved in the SMC group, but I had to spread the plague. I can’t be the only one out here watching these trashy horror films all by myself! I don’t give a darn how much fun they are!

I promise my next go will be the more snooty artsy-fartsy stuff I typically went to bat for back in the SMD days of yesteryear.

Last edited:
Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here aren't we? These movies wouldnt make the wal mart $5 bin.

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel here aren't we? These movies wouldnt make the wal mart $5 bin.
That's how I feel...wtf? But a pick I must make so here we go: eeny, meeny, miny, moe

HenryFlower's list for this week is: "Top 5 movies to watch drunk w/ friends"​

Not being a drinking person, I just thought about movies that were better when I watched them with friends.

1. Army of Darkness (easily the ultimate "with Friends" movie)
2. Fury Road
3. Last Hurrah for Chivalry
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Guardians of the Galaxy

sweet jaysus these films sound grim

I'm 100% certain that Rimbaud82 thought to himself before entering this thread (HenryFlower's taste in film is almost identical to my own! I'm sure his selection will nearly mirror what I'm going to pick!):D

and I don't drink

I don't drink either. My blood consists of about 40% Coca-Cola though.

That's how I feel...wtf? But a pick I must make so here we go: eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Not so sound like a filthy defeatist or anything... but if you utterly don't care for a weeks nominations, then you are completely free to skip said week if you're just not into it (including the voting part)

I think you’re really underestimating the value in cult cinema & independent genre filmmaking. There are companies like Vinegar Syndrome & Arrow Video that dedicate themselves to restoring these often rare & obscure films (not always the case, such as the giallo films that Arrow likes to snag for distribution) so that they can be transfered to bluray, so good luck finding them in a bargain bin.

I’m probably one if the stuffiest snobs here in this group, but I still allow myself to let down my guard & have a ton of fun watching trashy low budget films like these. I think we can all have a little bit of fun watching one of these utterly bonkers movies.

I'm 100% certain that Rimbaud82 thought to himself before entering this thread (HenryFlower's taste in film is almost identical to my own! I'm sure his selection will nearly mirror what I'm going to pick!):D

lol pretty much

Smuggling some Ferrar into your pick just to rub that itch, eh?:p
that is exactly the reason actually lol. I had some trouble thinking which I wanted for my fourth option (had a few in mind), but figured I’d at least stay a little true to form w/ some Ferrara tossed into the mix. also considered one of Peter Jackson’s early splatstick films, but figured it would have been the easy pick for some members when put up against the other three.

that is exactly the reason actually lol. I had some trouble thinking which I wanted for my fourth option (had a few in mind), but figured I’d at least stay a little true to form w/ some Ferrara tossed into the mix. also considered one of Peter Jackson’s early splatstick films, but figured it would have been the easy pick for some members when put up against the other three.
Well done. I’m on bit of a Ferrara binge and wouldn’t mind at all watching DK again with commentary.

also considered one of Peter Jackson’s early splatstick films, but figured it would have been the easy pick for some members when put up against the other three.

Glad you didn't! Might have fucked up my next theme. :eek:

Back