Sherdog Partners with CraveOnline

evilmonkey666 said:
The new layout looks all cluttered on my widescreen monitor. Everything is stacked vertically to fit 800x600 resolution. I think I'm flashing back to 1998.

Exactly my thought. Why not update to a 1024 wide? Based on the stats I've seen from sites I work on, probably less than 2% of visitors use a res less than 1024...come on, if Yahoo did it, so can Sherdog.

CraveOnline is like the Yakuza very little information about them but I did find a site that does talk about them but no discussions about the owner of the site. But still interesting information about what CraveOnline is and how many people visit the site each month.

CraveOnline.com re-launches with an all new site.
August 14, 2006 Entertainment News

(PRLEAP.COM) Top entertainment destination, CraveOnline.com has recently redesigned and re-launched their website. The all new Crave Online has all new features and original content. The site attracts over 1.7 million visitors monthly, who come for the latest in music, gaming, comics and film/tv news. Crave Online is also home to exclusive interviews such as recent talks with music producer Pharrell Williams, Pantera drummer Vinnie Paul and actress Lucy Lawless. As well as film, comic book and product reviews. CraveOnline.com is also a top video destination, where visitors can see the latest music videos, movie trailers, video game demos and funny videos. Check out the all new Crave Online and see what everyone is talking about.

About Crave

Crave Online (Craveonline.com) is a next-generation male lifestyle site that covers topics that young men "crave." The site is dedicated to fulfilling every appetite for information, whether it is film, comics, games, sports, and more. Crave is a platform to provide users with high-quality professional content along with user-created content. It offers a blend of video and traditional editorial content.

http://www.prleap.com/pr/44421/

The frontpage is way to cutterd and unorganized, I tried to keep an open mind but after looking at it and trying to get the feel it just doesnt work.
I expect your webdesigner to do something about that soon.

One easy thing to do is move the fightfinder and Top Stories box into the right column.

All we get now is massive un-related ads for DVDs and smilies. It makes the site look rediculous. I sure hope you guys do something about that real soon... or many people will be going away and not coming back.

MMAUpdates said:
All we get now is massive un-related ads for DVDs and smilies. It makes the site look rediculous. I sure hope you guys do something about that real soon... or many people will be going away and not coming back.

Maybe this is a late April Fools joke.... hopefully?

not to be a dick or anything but the front page looks LIKE SHIT
way to cluttered

MMAUpdates said:

eeehhh, the internet is full of sites with un-related ads and its been working pretty well for alot of other sites.

I doubt people are gonna leave just because there is ads.

juggo said:
We need Jerry/Gary Millen to come out and announce that no such partnership exists...
yakusa01 said:
Will Sherdog's rules still apply or will we have to go by Crave's unified rules?
lol
and btw the new looks sucks

I would highly recommend sherdog stretching their layout to adhere to 1024x768, the current layout is just a bit too compact and it would look much better stretched out.

sherdog should then get ability to do more features and wat not.... its all for the good. but crave is really gettin good sites. last year they got that superhero hype site which talks about and gives news on comic movies.

juggo said:
We need Jerry/Gary Millen to come out and announce that no such partnership exists...

HAHAAHAHAAHAHA. I agree.

I like the new layout by the way. Way more professional, easier to find things, and the more important stuff is featured.

Mods don't get payed? Weird. Thats a lot of crap to deal with for free.

Garrett said:
Yes. We have a few small things in the works.
Hints, please!

Are they bigger than a breadbox?

hmmm... i dunno about this... *rubs beard*

time will tell if this is a + or - or 0

Use Firefox with the Adblock Plus and NoScript plugins.

Your screen will look something like this (I am at 1600x1200 desktop) resolutions:

sherdog-full-screen.jpg

and good luck with the new partnership guys!

evilmonkey666 said:
The new layout looks all cluttered on my widescreen monitor. Everything is stacked vertically to fit 800x600 resolution. I think I'm flashing back to 1998.

Garrett said:
Sherdog has partnered CraveOnline, a portal for men that provides comprehensive information on everything from film and music to games and sports.

Sherdog will be CraveOnline's MMA channel. This will allow Sherdog to reach millions of additional men that may not already be fans of the sport. All the same folks are here, and we are excited about providing better worldwide MMA coverage.

Any questions? Ask them here!

Great news! Broaden the user base, but please don't (hehehe) compromise the excellent site design.

That being said, both Crave and Sherdog are doing their part to increase the mainstream visibility of MMA. This cannot be criticized!

I am weird and like the new layout as it seems easier to find m,ost of what I am used to diggin into the site for. Hopefully you didnt give up any control over the website and the resource swap helps things in the long run.

Back