News Shevchenko goes after Andrade, Nunes and Zhang

Valentina and Nunes to a slightly lesser degree is cursed by the weaknesses of their divisions. While they themselves are obviously good its hard to understand in context exactly how good. Its kind of the DJ Dilemma. Of all the best women fighters in the world, half are in strawweight. Just look at how andrade got her title shot, moves to 125 and immediately blitzes another title contender even faster than Valentina did.

Valentina is probably better than andrade, but i dont think the difference is as much as she is used to. If Zhang Weili can clean out strawweight the way the way Valentina or Amanda is cleaning out their own divisions I think people are going to start to say Weili is the greatest. Even if Weili loses in a head to head vs Valentina, it could just be due to size.

If you believe in MMA math, Nunes beats Valentina twice (it could just be Nunes is bigger) , Valentina beats Joanna (Size difference again) , Weili barely beats Joanna (same size), Rose just scrapes by Joanna in their second find like Weili (same size again). The answer seems to be that all the top women are skill wise pretty close and size often becomes the deciding factor.

So should Valentina look into moving to starwweight in order to face all the legit fighters that are in that division? How hard would the weight cut be for her? I'd love to see her do it if it's feasible.

Wouldn’t pull the trigger and is 0-2 against Nunes. She can say what she wants but that’s the reality.

They all beat her by KTFO. Can't wait for her to lose. Getting too cocky.

Gotta love Valentina, always keeping it real unlike you fake ass motherfuckers.

She would absolutely kill Zhang and lol @ anyone thinking Andrade have anything for her.

These kind of interview makes me root for her harder and harder, she isn't here to make friends and be liked, she is here to take bitches out.

Val shouldn't be salty, she's the #2 greatest WMMA fighter ever.

I highly doubt Val feels threatened by any of the competitors out there save Nunez, and I wouldn’t even classify that as threatened, moreover pure animosity. She has the skills to beat anyone that she fights and isn’t shy to say so, you just don’t reach her level of success without having ludicrous levels of belief in yourself and your abilities. The one thing Shev lacks in her arsenal is the ability to be truly modest and show a sense of humility, but I’d take confidence that borders arrogance in a fighter over humbleness every time.
well said

I wouldn't mind being Val's husband in another life. On some farm out in the steppes of Siberia. Her hard work keeping the farm afloat. Me taking advantage of my position as head of household, squandering our little crop money on booze. Having to come home to her giving me an earful on some days and on other days her beating the hell out of me. And the sweet, sweet loving she dutifully obliged to me partly in spite, partly to grow our supply of workers to work the land. Good times.

The way she reacts to every fighter out there indicates that Shev is very short tempered and gets easily triggered.

True, but she seems like a very composed person, seems like she's able to keep her emotions in check, but she definitely takes things personally it seems.

Saltchenko strikes me as a jealous and insecure person. Andrade, that chinese chick and Rose are far more entertaining and I think that bothers her

Shevchenko is insanely salty that she lost twice to the woman who is ubiquitously considered the greatest to ever partake in the sport. It will own her bitter soul forever. Kinda like Conor with Khabib or Frazier with Ali.
She didn't get finished and many agree she won closer comparison would be max vs volk 2

So should Valentina look into moving to starwweight in order to face all the legit fighters that are in that division? How hard would the weight cut be for her? I'd love to see her do it if it's feasible.

The weight cuts at the lower weight divisions are a bigger deal than the higher ones simply because a cut from 125 to 115 means losing 8% of your mass while someone going from 155 to 145 is 6.4%. That makes it both difficult technically and physically in terms of how much it would suck to do.

I think if she was the same size as Weili or Joanna she might still win, but its going to be a super close UD or Split. She beat Joanna at flyweight but was clearly unable to really hurt her enough to finish. Also people tend to only like Champs who go up instead of down because thats seen as punching downwards. Thats even if she wins, but what if she loses a split decision? Shes basically done as it looks super bad to drop into a lower division and then lose. The risk is not worth the reward.

So I think shes stuck unless she moves up to challenge Amanda and wins (which is exactly what she tried and failed to do), I don't think its due to a lack of skill either, just different equilibrium weights. So yeah, thats why i said in my post you quoted that she is just cursed. Unless the UFC can import some real talent into her division, she will always have an asterisk beside her name in the minds of fans.

"Goes after"? Na.

Those responses weren't so bad, campared to Val's usual arrogance.

She didn't get finished and many agree she won closer comparison would be max vs volk 2

Frazier never got finished either. But Frazier actually defeated his rival once instead of just living in denial, so that's an imperfect comparison as well.

Max-Volk isn't a good comparison because the main thing here is the level of butt-hurt that the loser exhibits. Max is a class act and displays none of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back