0800-
Squat warmup (95lb x5) x2

Barbell row 95lb x5

10lb curl x 10, left arm only.

Squats (125lb x5) x5
Bench press (85lb x5) x5
Barbell row (105lb x5) x5

Nothing yesterday or today.

Going to try a M, W, F lifting schedule with jiu jitsu on Tues and Thurs. Let's see how my body responds.

1740-
(100lb squat x5) x2
(65lb OHP x5) x2

(130lb squat x5) x5
(85lb OHP x5) x5
(175lb deadlift x5) x1

0700- Squadron pt, commander's cup challenge. 2 laps around gym, 25 push ups, 2 laps, 25 sit ups, 2 laps, bear crawls, 2 laps, crab walk, 2 laps.

1640-
Bench (95lb x5) x5
OHP (45lb x5) x5
Pull ups 3 x3
Dumbbell shrug 15lb x15, each side.

Well, I think I have to put Stronglifts on hold for now. My performance at pt this morning, me gassing after the 4th lap, has apparently caught the attention of someone higher up than me, who told my supervisor. Now, my self pt are on Tues and Thurs in the morning, and will be dedicated to running. No more lifting on those days, and don't really want to lift on M, W, F that heavily.

I guess this is a blessing somewhat. I was planning on starting running after I finish Stronglifts in may, and now it comes about a month and a half early.

So now, I'll just do upper body on Mon and Fri. Probably a simple upper body pull/push routine similar to the one above. Am start from 45lb again for OHP, just to develop more strength. Added pull ups because pull ups are something I want to get good at again.

I'll officially start next Monday at 45lb OHP, negatives for pull ups, and bench at 90lb. I'll probably add 5 pounds each workout just like Stronglifts did.

My running sucks right now, so I'll gradually build up to where I can run 30 minutes straight. Probably going to be doing a lot of walking in the beginning, then progressing to faster paces.

I'll try to squat in the beginning of the runs I guess. How my body reacts will determine if I continue squatting before running.

Also, these are the numbers that I currently stopped at.
Squat 130
OHP 85
DL 175
BP 85
Row 105

Last edited:
Didn't work out today. Too lazy and didn't have an official plan, so didn't want to start at nothing anyways.

I think I have it figured out, my workout schedule that is.

M- Upper body.
Tues- Light to moderate fasted cardio in the morning. Jiu Jitsu in the evening.
Wed- Squadron pt. Maybe a light run in the afternoon.
Thurs- Light to moderate fasted cardio. Jiu Jitsu.
Fri- Upper body. Probably more things added and more intense because I can rest for the weekend before my next workout.

For my cardio, I'll probably be using a Couch to 5k template. I'll start with the 3 day template that the program starts at and I'll see if I need to scale it back. May occasionally squat just to maintain my 130lb squat.

We will see how everything goes to determine if changes are required.

1645-

Bench warmup 75lb x10
Bench (100lb x5) x5
OHP (50lb x5) x5
Pull ups 2 x2
Barbell Shrug 15lb x20, each arm.

I'm going to increase linearly with bench and ohp, 5lb each workout. For pull ups and barbell shrugs, I'll probably just up the sets for pull ups and reps for barbell shrugs.

Maybe 2 x6 pull ups and 15lb x50 barbell shrugs before I increase the weight/ amount.

1645-
Bench warmup 75lb x10
Bench (105lb x5) x5
OHP (55lb x5) x5
Pull ups 2 x3
Barbell shrug 15lb x25

1840- Jiu jitsu until 2000. Torrenado pass, knee on belly, hooking two legs and hopping over to other side(don't know name?), and Torrenado to KOB. After, working on some lapel chokes. Sucked at them :(

Nothing today. Could have went to the gym, but was reviewing for CDC test tomorrow.

1830- Jiu jitsu for 90 minutes. Went over Cross collar again, and two sweeps. I think they were called Flower and Scissor. Then rolling.

1130-
Bench warmup 80lb x10
Bench (110lb x5) x5
OHP warmup 45lb x10
OHP (60b x5) x5
Pull ups 2 x4
Dumbbell shrug 15lb x30

1615- Bench warmup 85lb x10
Bench (115lb x5) x5
OHP warmup 45lb x5
OHP (65lb x5) x5
Pull ups 2 x5
Barbell shrug 15lb x35

I think I found out how to prevent such an overarching of my back. I squeezed my abs during the OHP, and it seemed to do the trick. Still arched back, but not as much.

1830- Jiu Jitsu for 90 minutes. Was good today. Triangles, and side control to mount set ups.

Started my couch to 5k plan today.
Think I messed it up though, when the program said for a total of 20 minutes. Didn't know if I was supposed to factor in the warmup walk.

5 minute brisk walk at 3.3 mph.
(60 sec jog at 4.5/90 sec walk)x6. Total of walk and jog/walk was 20 minutes.

I think i was supposed to do
5 min walk
(60 sec jog/90 sec walk) x8 times. I'm going to do it like this tomorrow and Saturday.

Did a brief cooldown too, which isn't counted in time or any numbers below.
Incline-2
Calories-139
Distance-1.24 miles.

Lat pull down 55lb x7, 70lb x7, 85lb x7

Started and ended bicycle riding today. Bicycle didn't find properly,so I have knee pain now. Will lay off lower body or do light exercise until it fully recovers. Actually going to get a car.

Back