Shimon Hayut "Tinder swindler" Simon Leviev

pakimahi

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Did you guys watch this netflix special?

It was fairly entertaining. Usually on the 'ethics scale', I'd rank hustling back a gold digger, right up there with scamming back one of these e-mail or phone scammers. But ol' Shimon Hayut did take it to far in my opinion.

So let's hear you guys' opinion here. Was this a case of innocent women beeing conned by a master mind? or was it a case of these greedy bitches meeting the perfect douche?

Funny thing is, I think the dude would've probably been a legit millionaire anyway, had he applied his intelligence and potential legitimately.

It was fairly entertaining. Usually on the 'ethics scale', I'd rank hustling back a gold digger, right up there with scamming back one of these e-mail or phone scammers. But ol' Shimon Hayut did take it to far in my opinion.

So let's hear you guys' opinion here. Was this a case of innocent women beeing conned by a master mind? or was it a case of these greedy bitches meeting the perfect douche?

Funny thing is, I think the dude would've probably been a legit millionaire anyway, had he applied his intelligence and potential legitimately.
Scamming gold digging whores isn't using his intellect legitimately?

Scamming gold digging whores isn't using his intellect legitimately?

Well he ended up doing time over it (only 5 months) but still, and I don't think you can build a permanent networth on that.

Yeah, guy was a up straight pimp.

You know what might make an interesting show, is to have a number of conmen and women on staff, and invite contestants in, under different pretense and see which one's can smell the rat and not get taken advantage of.

People think people who fall are suckers, and believe they themselves would not.

With a good enough pre-contestant interview I'll bet you could get an idea what sort of con they'd be susceptible to.

Those women conned themselves as much as that goon did, and I think that's the key.

His setup was fucking amazing. His problem was using it too many times for lower scores to build to a major pay off. He basically ran a Ponzi scheme on too many low end marks

I thought the title says Salma Hayek on Tinder lol.

Dudes a career lying piece of shit. All of his cons go back to as far as 2011 and the 5 months he served more than likely doesn't cover the scope of his crimes. He also impersonated hospital personnel so that he could get the Covid Vaccine early so that he wouldn't be restricted in his travels.

simply just dumb lonely girls, the Nigerians been doing this ever since even without meeting them in person

Questionable ethics on your part IMO.

There has been some backlash against the women which I don't think is fair. They are clearly victims of crime.

Having worked, and still do, in the criminal justice system I have encountered many victims and perpetrators of various crimes as fraud, sexual assault, domestic violence. I find it odd to simply dismiss the victims experiences as more or less their own fault. This would not happen without a perpetrator. And with these perpetrators often being narcissists, anti-social or psychopaths with many years of experience of manipulating people they are also often succesfull. The blame can not simply be deflected to victims due to them being naive. Not everyone would have the same experiences as you or I might have. I have seen so much shit both privately and professionally that I know almost everyone lies to varying degrees and if something smells fishy you can damn be sure there is a rotting whale nearby. Thankfully some people have other experiences.

Let's talk about the "golddiging". It isn't fair to be upset that women are drawn to men with material resources? It is a fact of nature that a man's social standing is the most attractive trait to a woman just as women's beauty and fertility are most important for men. Attraction is not a choice, it just happens. However, we are not robots acting on pure script. We are suppose to gather life experiences as we grow older, become wiser and make better and more strategic decisions. I feel like the women have failed in this regard.

The women seem share some characteristics. They are all well off financially, in their 30s, rather good looking, particularly individualistic, are drawn to cosmopolitian surroundings, have a taste for the good life and exciting experiences. If I were to guess they have also never had any serious relationships. If you had a real one, with all its ups and downs, you get a more realistic view on things. There is something infantile in the way that they and Simon interacts. They talk like they are teenagers. Simon also adapts what he writes to fit their stereotypical needs; e.g that he wants to have kids with them and so negating the fears that many childless women in their 30s have. It is just that he write and they respond in a way no mature 30+ person would.

In my humble opinion they are not only victims of a psychopath but also of the modernity itself. Sure we can call them naive but in the end they are only human.

Questionable ethics on your part IMO.

There has been some backlash against the women which I don't think is fair. They are clearly victims of crime.

Having worked, and still do, in the criminal justice system I have encountered many victims and perpetrators of various crimes as fraud, sexual assault, domestic violence. I find it odd to simply dismiss the victims experiences as more or less their own fault. This would not happen without a perpetrator. And with these perpetrators often being narcissists, anti-social or psychopaths with many years of experience of manipulating people they are also often succesfull. The blame can not simply be deflected to victims due to them being naive. Not everyone would have the same experiences as you or I might have. I have seen so much shit both privately and professionally that I know almost everyone lies to varying degrees and if something smells fishy you can damn be sure there is a rotting whale nearby. Thankfully some people have other experiences.

Let's talk about the "golddiging". It isn't fair to be upset that women are drawn to men with material resources? It is a fact of nature that a man's social standing is the most attractive trait to a woman just as women's beauty and fertility are most important for men. Attraction is not a choice, it just happens. However, we are not robots acting on pure script. We are suppose to gather life experiences as we grow older, become wiser and make better and more strategic decisions. I feel like the women have failed in this regard.

The women seem share some characteristics. They are all well off financially, in their 30s, rather good looking, particularly individualistic, are drawn to cosmopolitian surroundings, have a taste for the good life and exciting experiences. If I were to guess they have also never had any serious relationships. If you had a real one, with all its ups and downs, you get a more realistic view on things. There is something infantile in the way that they and Simon interacts. They talk like they are teenagers. Simon also adapts what he writes to fit their stereotypical needs; e.g that he wants to have kids with them and so negating the fears that many childless women in their 30s have. It is just that he write and they respond in a way no mature 30+ person would.

In my humble opinion they are not only victims of a psychopath but also of the modernity itself. Sure we can call them naive but in the end they are only human.

They are victims, but I'd say they were greedy, naive and plain stupid victims. If it comes to making excuses for people's douche baggery, I'm sure you can find an excuse for everyone. The nigerians scammers are lacking oppurtunities and probably have families to feed, same goes for the IRS scammers. The brazilian pick pocketers that kill, are probably a product of the environment and poverty etc etc.

If it's anyone who didn't have an excuse, it was these ladies. Who were fairly well off but still wanted to mooch off of a billionaire. Lady number 2 said it straight up, the guy wasn't her type but was a "good friend"... Yeah friend she didn't have a problem to mooch of off for free ,on expensive all paid for trips...Abundant sympathy??..To quote Tony... va fangool!! eh?

They are victims, but I'd say they were greedy, naive and plain stupid victims. If it comes to making excuses for people's douche baggery, I'm sure you can find an excuse for everyone. The nigerians scammers are lacking oppurtunities and probably have families to feed, same goes for the IRS scammers. The brazilian pick pocketers that kill, are probably a product of the environment and poverty etc etc.

If it's anyone who didn't have an excuse, it was these ladies. Who were fairly well off but still wanted to mooch off of a billionaire. Lady number 2 said it straight up, the guy wasn't her type but was a "good friend"... Yeah friend she didn't have a problem to mooch of off for free ,on expensive all paid for trips...Abundant sympathy??..To quote Tony... va fangool!! eh?

Greedy or not, mooching of a billionaire isn't illegal and they were not acting fraudulent so the comparison with your examples does not hold up. The interaction was quite obvious for everyone involved; they hang with the "billionaire" and enjoy some luxury, enjoy some "sparks" and probably have some sex that all parties will enjoy. Maybe there will be love but probably not. Despite the "disparity" in wealth this isn't to far off from any casual internet fling.

Dude was maxed out on style. He looked like a guy who is a top fashion designer in L.A. Ladies thought that he would open doors to new opportunities. But they ended up getting played and became scorned.

That being said, it is extremely obvious that it was a scam. In the dating apps, they warn you about these type of scams. This is not 2006 and the whole "Nigerian prince needs you to bail him out" BS.

I cannot fathom how they fell for a 2000s scam that is now extremely public.

The swedish girl face was a mess due to botched surgeries, but still wood!
Pernilla-Sjoholm.jpg

He’s free now doing the same stuff and posting it on the Instagram account that Netflix promoted for him on the show

Not quite sure what their plan was with that

Simon is a sick fuck. Good con man though.

The swedish girl face was a mess due to botched surgeries, but still wood!
Pernilla-Sjoholm.jpg
Yea, she seemed to like his money, vs the Norwegian chick who actually seemed to like the dude (probably because of his money, but still)

She was definitely the less sympathetic/least likable characters between those two, IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back