Shogun>Rampage>Chuck>Wand

Works great in this scenario imo. Rampage was still in good form for the third fight, only one fight removed from the belt, and even for a few more years beyond it. Wand on the other hand was pretty shopworn by that time and had been KOed twice in the year before the trilogy fight.

Wand was KO'd twice before the 3rd fight, but Wand KO'd Page twice as well. Shogun also nearly killed him. In my opinion they were at the same level, but there's also steroid allegations against Wand, and allegations of him hiding from testing that could have played in his downfall if true. If that's the case, he can only blame himself.

Last edited:
OK, but your opinion is objectively wrong. They were obviously in very different places in their respective careers.
Well, that's like your opinion man.

Are you really saying after he happen to get KO'd twice, all other fights don't matter? Are you sure it's not like...idk, MMA evolving past being a brute who charges in with knees and looping power punches? Wanderlei never evolved.

Not trying to be a dick, but people are sensitive when you critique or rank Wand or Shogun. Like we get it, PRIDE Never Die, but they have losses.

meh...its more of a rock paper scissor type situation than anything else....
i mean if we dig deeper wandy lost to both tito ortiz and belfort, whom chuck both beat.
clearly rampage had the style to beat chuck...clearly wandy had the style to beat rampage. What would have happened between chuck and silva...well that could be debated. . i would have favored chuck since both had 0 defense, but chuck had a better chin and more one punch ko power.....but its all speculation
Ahh, Chuck fought Wandy and won, albeit after Cro Cop and Hendo cracked that jaw (and under UFC testing, which may be a factor). UFC 79, iirc.

Pretty even comparison. Basically comes down to your favorite. With that said. Chuck>Rampage>Shogun>Wand. Silva wasn't shit without the Pride "vitamins"

-- HENDO ABOVE ALL --

The Original Triple Champ
HEAVYWEIGHT Tournament Champ (Open weight)
LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT Champ (Pride's "MW")
MIDDLEWEIGHT Champ (Pride's "WW")

4005445cb323b5bf16dc4bed4895ba77.jpg

Last edited:
At peak form
1. Shogun
2. Rampage
3. Arona
4. Wand
5. Chuck
6. Tito

C’mon son
you put Chuck above rampage and shogun who both beat him BADLY lol.

How is page>shogun when rua tekken combo finished him
I'm a big Chuck fan, especially since he didn't beat my drunk ass when he was a bouncer at the Library in San Luis Obispo when I was in college. Forrest beat both Rampage and Shogun. Wand shouldn't even be in this discussion because of roids and Chris Leben.

Spoken like a newb who gets his knowledge from fight finder.

Wand beat Rampage for the Grand Prix and the Pride MW title.

Rampage beat Wand in two money grab fights that had no impact on any significant ranking or title picture.
No kidding, their 4th fight in particular really didn’t hold any value at all in my eyes, it was akin to Tito beating Chuck in their 3rd fight though maybe not quite as bad but still.

Chael should be at the top of that <><><> chain
chael >shogun+page+wand
Chael took those 3 out n chucky ducked him

they are the same age range so don’t give me that “he beat them out of their primes” excuse. In fact chael is older than rampage and shogun n is just a few months younger than wandy

Last edited:
Wand-Rampage-Chuck-Shogun

2005-2007 Shogun is probably the best version of any fighter on this list. But injuries killed his prime, and simply didn't have the lengthy resume of these other guys. Following that two-year stretch, he only had a couple quality wins, sandwiched between a number of crushing defeats.

Back