Shogun still a ranked LHW...

He was actually on a decent run before smith

Yah....that Smith fight had a title shot for him if he won. Too bad he didn't, we would likely see him vs Cormier.

Time to get in shape and fight Anderson Silva at 185... HOF vs GOAT!!!

He fights once per year now for the past 5 years and he hasn't fought in almost an entire year.

love Shogun, but it is absurd he's still ranked. His last two fights are against Tyson Pedro? Who? and a draw against Paul Craig, someone I barely know. Sorry but 1-0-1 in the span of almost 3 years against that level of competition, sorry sir. No.
Shogun has as many fights the past 5 years as the undisputed champ of the UFC's super stacked LW division. Somehow I think the sport can survive with Shogun ranked #15 at ultra shallow LHW lol

Pride GP win remains one of the sport's best underdog stories.
Figured out Machida when Machida had barely been touched, let alone beat.
Still ranked in 2020 after so many wars.

Shogun is an absolute beast.

Shogun has as many fights the past 5 years as the undisputed champ of the UFC's super stacked LW division. Somehow I think the sport can survive with Shogun ranked #15 at ultra shallow LHW lol

Yeah fair enough, maybe my perception of Shogun is off with reality. I missed his Craig fight, and just in my own mind I feel like Shogun hasn't fought in like 10 years.

Him at 15 is fine

Crazy Shogun still in UFC, yet Chael who subbed him is in Bellator. Crazy world we live in.

Rashad is retired. That fight should’ve happened years ago

shad would’ve blanketed shogun had he not broken his hand or arm or whatever. Prime Rashad was dope.

I would rank Crute, Cutelaba, & Jamahal above Shogun. And I'd pick Jung to beat him & Craig in a rematch.

LHW is dead.

Compare Jones top 5 highlights to Page's top 5 highlights.

Jones would never have beaten Prime Page imo.

There are just not that many good HW and LHW fighters with all the weight cutting going on.
This is one of the worst parts of weight cutting; LHW and HW end up being a wasteland.

If we could somehow eliminate extreme weightcutting, LHW and HW would be full to the brim with fucking killers. In fact, you'd probably be able to make a Cruiserweight or something between them at 220ish. And we'd be able to scrap the FLY division because no fighter in the UFC walks around anywhere near 125.

Back