Shogun tapping to strikes

Tapping to strikes is one of the most pathetic things a fighter can do in the octagon. The energy you used on tapping to the strikes you could’ve use to do something less bitch-like. Fighting isn’t ALL about how much you can dish out, it’s also about how much you can take.

Subs…are acceptable but tapping to strikes is a bitch way to go out any way you cut it.

I’ve had this discussion with many of GSP fangirls and others alike. Don’t bother defending his dick, I won’t even respond. Tapping to strikes will never be behavior befitting of a GOAT.

Last edited:
Sometimes you need to live to fight another day.. can think of plenty of fights where guys should have tapped to strikes but instead took 5-10 mins more of a career changing beating.

Sometimes you need to live to fight another day.. can think of plenty of fights where guys should have tapped to strikes but instead took 5-10 mins more of a career changing beating.
Jds shoulda tapped or his corner throw that towel in.

Rory didn't turtle up sir, his brain did.
He was absolutely done in that fight, and he wasn't exactly lookin for a way out.

He literally fell back to the canvas after they sat him up.
He couldn't have given another ounce to that fight.

If you want examples of turtling up, look at Cowboy.

The majority of those were due to body shots which can make your body temporarily shut down and gives you really no choice but to turtle up.

hopkins-knocks-out-dlh1.jpg

Tapping to strikes is one of the most pathetic things a fighter can do in the octagon. The energy you used on tapping to the strikes you could’ve use to do something less bitch-like. Fighting isn’t ALL about how much you can dish out, it’s also about how much you can take.

Subs…are acceptable but tapping to strikes is a bitch way to go out any way you cut it.

I’ve had this discussion with many of GSP fangirls and others alike. Don’t bother defending his dick, I won’t even respond. Tapping to strikes will never be behavior befitting of a GOAT.

By your rationale tapping to a rear naked choke more manly than tapping to strikes, which doesn't make sense because w a RNC you temporarily lose consciousness for less than 20 seconds. Conversely, getting GNP while your laying face down gives you permanent brain damage. Just curious, do you fight professionally or even train?

The majority of those were due to body shots which can make your body temporarily shut down and gives you really no choice but to turtle up.

hopkins-knocks-out-dlh1.jpg

You're saying this like I never seen a body shot ffs.
Cowboy turtles up whenever it feels right for him.

Shogun is a pride grand prix champ, a ufc champ and a legend in the sport.

He has wins over rampage, lil nog, randleman, overeem, machida, and the beloved forest griffin.

Shogun is a pride grand prix champ, a ufc champ and a legend in the sport.

He has wins over rampage, lil nog, randleman, overeem, machida, and the beloved forest griffin.
But he taps out when he gets punched

Back