Should Blaydes retire from MMA? The sport will not treat him well

Stop spreading this nonsense. He renegotiated his contract in March and is "very happy" and has talked about only caring about money. You have no clue what you're talking about.

BLAYDES IS NOT MAKING 32K A FIGHT. Heavyweights have always gotten paid. He's making a damn good living.

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/03/ufc-225-curtis-blaydes-new-contract-chicago-alistair-overeem

Very happy. Wow. "Very happy" > 30K.
Check how much Oleinik gets for example.

No one gets too much money today. Especially without being a veteran. This is not Fertittas time.

sure promotions would pay to have him maul in their orgs.

Maybe you're too optimistic, or I'm too pessimistic, but I don't see orgs collecting him that easy.
Not in today's MMA scene.

And yes, I know all you said about him. I actually made a bit of research.

He made 105,000 the fight with Reem. Don't listen to this idiot. Hes literally making shit up

You have NO CLUE how much he did in Overeem fight.

Illinois Athletic Commission does not reveal the payouts.

You're a very stupid liar.

Blaydes still has a long career ahead of him, they should match him up against Werdum or Arlovski.

Maybe you're too optimistic, or I'm too pessimistic, but I don't see orgs collecting him that easy.
Not in today's MMA scene.

And yes, I know all you said about him. I actually made a bit of research.

Whats ur point? That its not worth it for him to take blows to the head for the pay hes making?

Whats ur point? That its not worth it for him to take blows to the head for the pay hes making?

1. Yes.
2. The situation won't likely change for the better for him, especially in the UFC
3. He's young enough to have other options

Whoa lets not get crazy. He's lost 2 fights and he's only 27. Give him some time.

1. He's a grinder. Even though he showed improved striking with Overeem, he does not have a style people will pay to see.
There were a lot of wrestlers like this in UFC. They didn't last long. He can last longer, because he's the most talented from them - but should he?
2. He lost twice to the same contender. His availability for the title shot will be no earlier than 2020. Meanwhile he'll fight for peanuts.
3. Other companies will not be too interested in him, in case his contract expires. He's not interesting in any way, besides being a HW. But he's too good for his own good - no one will want him to hold a title, and he can't be fed to someone.
4. He's still relatively young. Yes, 27 is young enough. He can continue education and move to a stable job. Even as wrestling coach.
5. He's still in good health. He wasn't even fully knocked out. Or suffered serious injuries. Good time to get out healthy.
Wow you clearly have never fought or trained other then messaging on sherdog.

funny that a person with limitations in reading and common sense calls ME stupid

I never said I couldn't read. I choose what to read and what not to. I chose to sidestep your superlative-ridden TMZ article and dismiss it for what it was: A fluff piece about a decision a fighter already made for himself.

I gleaned that just from reading the other people making fun of you on here. Never mistake making a choice not to read your drivel with a lack of motivation or intelligence. On the contrary, I actually feel smarter for not having read it.

But you keep going you little tryhard. You're got an amusement factor going for you, if not many brain cells.

10mins left.

I never said I couldn't read. I choose what to read and what not to. I chose to sidestep your superlative-ridden TMZ article and dismiss it for what it was: A fluff piece about a decision a fighter already made for himself.

I gleaned that just from reading the other people making fun of you on here. Never mistake making a choice not to read your drivel with a lack of motivation or intelligence. On the contrary, I actually feel smarter for not having read it.

But you keep going you little tryhard. You're got an amusement factor going for you, if not many brain cells.

10mins left.

You cannot read, you cannot comprehend, and you fail miserably in trying to type something witty or coherent.
You're a miserable and pathetic troll, whose opinion is not relevant to anyone, but at least I like that you feel amused by getting consistently thrown down to your stupid face by me.

Now carry on.

You cannot read, you cannot comprehend, and you fail miserably in trying to type something witty or coherent.
You're a miserable and pathetic troll, whose opinion is not relevant to anyone, but at least I like that you feel amused by getting consistently thrown down to your stupid face by me.

Now carry on.
Okay, I will.

I would spend a little less time trying to peg me for not reading your shitpost, that I'm somehow incapable of reading. Perhaps I'm just incapable of reading bad crap.

You can play the condescending shew all you want. Its not going to change the fact that your thread is a waste of everyone's time. And that you're a waste of oxygen. Now hurry up and try another half-baked insult before you have to dash and your attempts at being superior, or a relevant poster, are downgraded to the wasteland, where they belong.

Lol @ all these people falling for OPs trolling.

Back