Should Vinny Mac etc Override Their Employee Dana Re. Francis?

duke_droese

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So Francis just produced a milestone moment in MMA's historical growth.

He did it despite desperate, petty attempts to block him and hold him down by Dana. It's actually a heroic, movie storyline type scenario.

Should the senior people cut out Dana and deal with Francis directly to bring him back on a Brock Lesnar type contract?

He did it despite desperate, petty attempts to block him and hold him down by Dana. It's actually a heroic, movie storyline type scenario.

Should the senior people cut out Dana and deal with Francis directly to bring him back on a Brock Lesnar type contract?

He's signed to PFL.

It doesn't matter what Vince or Dana want to happen.

No. It doesn’t matter how much money Dana and co throw at him Francis wasn’t going to sign unless UFC changed their business practices

Vince McMahon was at the fight last night in Saudi Arabia while Dana was sitting at home watching a bootleg stream and tweet deleting that he didnt care, if anything Big Frank should step over the dead weight and slide right into a main event slot against Roman Reigns next year at Wrestlemania

I don't think TKO / UFC can (or wants to) match what Ngannou will get from his next boxing match. Dana's pettiness / grudges aside, UFC is no longer in the business of promoting fights or fighters - it's in the business of creating weekly content for a guaranteed payday from ESPN / advertisers. That's why they mostly stay at the Apex - it's less expensive than travelling around the globe, and they get the same paycheck from ESPN/advertisers regardless of who is fighting in the cage.

He signed to PFL, if im vince im def looking at him as a possible wrestler post combat career.

he can be brock 2.0 possibly.

Nope, Dana really has control over the MMA crowd in the majority. First he got people to rally behind Francis and hype him up as the greatest ever leading into his first fight with Stipe. Then a few years later Francis does something Dana doesn't like and Dana gets everyone to hate one of the coolest guys in the sport and even root for a baby killer against him..

Vince being at the fight is pretty damn funny.
If the saudis wanted Dana they would have bought and brought him to attend too. But Dana just isn’t a celebrity in that part of the world I guess.

No. The only thing that monopol(/son)ists value more than profit is control.

Vinnie Mac was the pioneer of the 'no stars' policy, as he started to understand that this gave his wrestlers too much power. This meant sometimes sacrificing profit maximization.

Even though greed is the ultimate goal, they recognize that short-term greed can undermine the very structure that ensures it.

The UFC has followed McMahon's model. Bringing in Francis with his demands brings the unacceptable risk of undermining their system, so they will not go chasing the extra dollars that can be made.

Last edited:
Nope, Dana really has control over the MMA crowd in the majority. First he got people to rally behind Francis and hype him up as the greatest ever leading into his first fight with Stipe. Then a few years later Francis does something Dana doesn't like and Dana gets everyone to hate one of the coolest guys in the sport and even root for a baby killer against him..

As Chael Sonnen (in one of his rare moments of not talking complete shite) points out, the UFC once temporarily turned Andrei Arlovski, a hairy Belarusian guy with (at the time) pretty sh*t English and who had been knocked out a bunch into a relatively big star on a dime.

Their powers to get their little fuck puppets in the MMA media to either push someone or in the Francis case, de-push someone, are legendary.

I was shocked to see how bad Vince looked at the event. I don’t watch or following wrestling so I’ve only seen the gifs and emojis of him and god damn he looked like he was on borrowed time yesterday.

He had major back surgery two months ago. At 78 and coming off back surgery, walking with a single cane and attending a boxing match is pretty impressive

No. The only thing that monopol(/son)ists value more than profit is control.

Vinnie Mac was the pioneer of the 'no stars' policy, as he started to understand that this gave his wrestlers too much power. This meant sometimes sacrificing profit maximization.

Even though greed is the ultimate goal, they recognize that short-term greed can undermine the very structure that ensures it.

The UFC has followed McMahon's model. Bringing in Francis with his demands brings the unacceptable risk of undermining their system, so they will not go chasing the extra dollars that can be made.

I think youre mistaking the WWE for the NFL, WWE is all about stars and it always has been, they heavily rely on them, NFL is all about making "The Shield"(NFL logo) the biggest star which is what the UFC has tried to do by making those fancy pants 3 little letters and Dana himself the biggest faces of the promotion

He had major back surgery two months ago. At 78 and coming off back surgery, walking with a single cane and attending a boxing match is pretty impressive

100% agree, I wasn’t bashing him I was legitimately shocked. I thought he was like 60 I didn’t know he was almost 80 until today.

I think youre mistaking the WWE for the NFL, WWE is all about stars and it always has been, they heavily rely on them, NFL is all about making "The Shield"(NFL logo) the biggest star which is what the UFC has tried to do by making those fancy pants 3 little letters and Dana himself the biggest faces of the promotion

The WWE has created zero stars since John Cena and their ratings have gone down the toilet. Most people on the street would not recognize Roman Reigns. This is not a coincidence.

Back