Simple reason why I think Eddie dominates and beats Conor.

i think mendes was a much better mma wrestling. eddies wrestling seems overrated if you ask me.

i think will alvarez be a step behind conor during the fight and it will cost him. a counter puncher like conor is a terrible mathcup for a guy who throws roundhouses like eddie does and leaves himself open for said counters.
He's got better TDD than TDs, which is why so many people rate his wrestling. He also is strong in the clinch (Pettis fight). Let's be honest though, it's not like you need to be an elite, D1 wrestler to take Conor down at LW. Eddie can win this if he doesn't eat a left while tying Conor up and getting the TD.

Haters gonna hate, but Conor has handidly out-struck every single fighter he's fought in the UFC, and most of them are great or elite strikers. Eddie's looping punches are made for Conor's counter straights.

Hard fight to pick and depends how Eddie comes out.

Too much reading.

This fight definitely favors Eddie. His chin, though.

true, but beside pettis he hasnt shown such dominant wrestling. and pettis isnt a great wrestler by any means

He controlled the shit out of Pettis, and was on him like glue. Also, you underrate Pettis' ground game. I don't think Eddie wanted be in his guard.

Also, Pettis is used to fighting larger UFC caliber fighters, Conor isn't. There's just a way that Conor goes down that's so effortless when you do see him get taken down.

He brings a more explosive and capable TD and wrestling type of pressure with explosiveness, unlike Nate. Underrated aspect of his game, but can bring the same type of pressure as Nate and Nick (highly overrated cardio, because they just fight at one pace, and never ever explode, besides a combo, here and there), but with consistent explosions, and with a consistent pace, and the main reason why I think he dominates Conor is, he has a proven heart and chin in dog fights, much like Nate, but he doesn't have the same major exploitable flaws and weaknesses as Nate Diaz, ala leg kicks.

Conor won't have anything to really take him out of his game from the opening bell. In the rematch with Nate, the damage was already done with the leg kicks, that no matter how much Nate started pouring it on, his legs were already too jacked up to ever get the finish, or go into a 2nd hear to win rounds, or finish him.

Eddie is going to bring that wrestler/boxer type pressure, but Conor won't have a set game plan to be able to weaken him early on. He's gonna get into a dog fight with Eddie, except Eddie will take him down consistently, or once, and wear him out, and it's over from there, or dog fight, then always get taken down, because Eddie will time the TDs and grappling exchanges, while keeping a steady pace, while Conor fades.

When he said Conor's an 8 minute fighter, he knew and knows what he's talking about. Eddie's going to paint a masterpiece, and break the news to Conor nut huggers, and casuals that there is no Santa Clause.

Nah, Eddie will get KO'd in the first round. Everyone was expecting Aldo to put on a typical masterful performance against Conor and have an array of options. Then he got finished in 1 rd in his prime.

Nah, Eddie will get KO'd in the first round. Everyone was expecting Aldo to put on a typical masterful performance against Conor and have an array of options. Then he got finished in 1 rd in his prime.

Well, everyone expected Aldo not to fight like it was his first ever match, and not fight like himself, at all.

I'm very confident Eddie won't get caught up in the trash talk, and will dow whatever it takes to win. Much like the Pettis fight. He proved to me, and many others that he will do whatever it takes to win, even if the fans boo in the process. Proves to me that hes not an ego fighter. Those are the type of fighters that Conor preys on, and he looks spectacular again, because they get caught up in the mental warfare, and get sucked into Conor's trap.

Eddie's gonna fight his fight, and suck Conor into his trap, and theres nothing Conor can do about it. Literally, and figuratively.

i think mendes was a much better mma wrestling. eddies wrestling seems overrated if you ask me.

i think will alvarez be a step behind conor during the fight and it will cost him. a counter puncher like conor is a terrible mathcup for a guy who throws roundhouses like eddie does and leaves himself open for said counters.

But Eddie's smart in his use of, "roundhouse" punches. You don't seem to understand why he used that punch a lot against RDA. It was to keep his left hand near his chin and head, so he would be reluctant to throw his left hand. It's a brilliant punch used by righties against lefties, and the exact punch thrown for that purpose. When you throw the straight, your southpaw opponent doesn't have the same reaction of keeping their left hand on the aide of their face, because it's coming straight at them, instead of looping to the left side of their head, or body.

Watch the Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah fight if you want to see the perfect use of that punch. Zab has a dynamite left cross, much much faster and more powerful than Conor's, and he wasn't allowed the luxury of throwing it even half as much as he normally would, because Danny would loop his right hand, straight away, instead of leading with the jab. It throws a southpaw off, and they fall into a pattern of expecting the looping right to come, so they have their left on guard at all times.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that Eddie is really going to run a clinic on Conor in this fight, just a gut feeling but I think this is gonna end up looking like Tanner v Terrell.

I want Eddie to win 50-45 by smothering Conor without submitting him. It has been a while since the last Sherdog implosion.

Eddie is going to bring that wrestler/boxer type pressure, but Conor won't have a set game plan to be able to weaken him early on. He's gonna get into a dog fight with Eddie, except Eddie will take him down consistently, or once, and wear him out, and it's over from there, or dog fight, then always get taken down, because Eddie will time the TDs and grappling exchanges, while keeping a steady pace, while Conor fades.
If you had the chance to consult Conor about his game-plan what would you then suggest other then trying to break Alvarez with a "brawl"?

WelllitFrayedFoxterrier.gif
It makes you laugh out loud when you choose to not read things? Strange to say the least.

If you had the chance to consult Conor about his game-plan what would you then suggest other then trying to break Alvarez with a "brawl"?

Do what got you here. Use your footwork, and aim at his head with your sniper left. I would say, avoid he TD, turn him when he has you again the cage, take him down first, blah blah blah, but Conor hasn't trained grappling long enough, and doesn't have the type of grappling tendons and muscle memory that lifelong grapplers have. He just doesn't. That's why I believe his energy will be zapped as soon as the first grueling grappling exchange with an explosive grappler and fighter like Eddie.

Eddie mixes it all up, and is used to that chaos. Conor wants a pretty stand up fight, or for him to be in the advantageous grappling situations, but Eddie knows too many counters, and the muscle memory, and muscle tendons for a grueling grappling session.

Do what got you here. Use your footwork, and aim at his head with your sniper left. I would say, avoid he TD, turn him when he has you again the cage, take him down first, blah blah blah, but Conor hasn't trained grappling long enough, and doesn't have the type of grappling tendons and muscle memory that lifelong grapplers have. He just doesn't. That's why I believe his energy will be zapped as soon as the first grueling grappling exchange with an explosive grappler and fighter like Eddie.

Eddie mixes it all up, and is used to that chaos. Conor wants a pretty stand up fight, or for him to be in the advantageous grappling situations, but Eddie knows too many counters, and the muscle memory, and muscle tendons for a grueling grappling session.
<36>

But Eddie's smart in his use of, "roundhouse" punches. You don't seem to understand why he used that punch a lot against RDA. It was to keep his left hand near his chin and head, so he would be reluctant to throw his left hand. It's a brilliant punch used by righties against lefties, and the exact punch thrown for that purpose. When you throw the straight, your southpaw opponent doesn't have the same reaction of keeping their left hand on the aide of their face, because it's coming straight at them, instead of looping to the left side of their head, or body.

Watch the Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah fight if you want to see the perfect use of that punch. Zab has a dynamite left cross, much much faster and more powerful than Conor's, and he wasn't allowed the luxury of throwing it even half as much as he normally would, because Danny would loop his right hand, straight away, instead of leading with the jab. It throws a southpaw off, and they fall into a pattern of expecting the looping right to come, so they have their left on guard at all times.

lol

Awesome, you jmguys just proved hoe great Conor is if he can make me if all people, a fan of his.

I ate my crow on Saturday, and had no problem with it. I witnessed man do what I didn't think he could do, not in terms of winning, because of course he could win, but flat out dominate, and make Eddie look childish.

I did not expect THAT. Conor truly is a once in a lifetime mma fighter, and I have no problems acknowledging it, and bowing down to greatness.

Glad you bumped this, because it makes Conor look like that much more of a elite and great champ, that he not only proved me wrong, but proved me wrong in the biggest way possible.

Flat out domination of the highest degree. I was seriously in shock and awe at how easily and beautifully he dispatched the former LW champ.

Awesome, you jmguys just proved hoe great Conor is if he can make me if all people, a fan of his.

I ate my crow on Saturday, and had no problem with it. I witnessed man do what I didn't think he could do, not in terms of winning, because of course he could win, but flat out dominate, and make Eddie look childish.

I did not expect THAT. Conor truly is a once in a lifetime mma fighter, and I have no problems acknowledging it, and bowing down to greatness.

It's refreshing to see you own it like a man, that garners so much respect than some of these other haters that keep riding petty excuses. It was a do

Back