Sittichai vs. Petasswin headlines new cage (MMA & Muay Thai) event in Samui

Samurai Life**

Orange Belt
Reaction score
http://samurailife.net/vicious-circle-friday-night-fight-night-sittichai-vs-petasswin-main-event/

AWESOME main event and a good rematch.

Sittichai (Thailand champion, last man to beat Aikpracha, unbeaten in Lumpinee in 2012) vs. Petasswin (former Patong Stadium champion, Lumpinee top 10 ranked)

Some other good scraps on there. Anyone in Samui, rock down Chaweng Stadium on 25th (this Friday) for a good night

Did something change? I thought MMA was banned in Thailand.

Sittichai takes this pretty handily i think.

Wonder how Chaweng 'stadium' will look with a cage.

don't think it was ever actually out right banned, just the sports authority refuse to recognize it as a sport so can maybe get problems insurance wise

don't think it was ever actually out right banned, just the sports authority refuse to recognize it as a sport so can maybe get problems insurance wise

Rob? Hi :)

Yeah it was banned mate, that's why the DARE boys had to go underground. Last event was invite only and at an unnamed location (not Insomnia on Soi 12)
It wasn't recognised prior, but then about ten months ago they brought forth the ruling stating that MMA events in Thailand would directly impact and hurt Muay Thai, and outlawed it. Of course, grease a palm or two, or get someone like Master Toddy and / or the army involved, and there'd be little problem hosting MMA.

In this case, it's regional enough to go down without a hitch (...?)

Wonder how Chaweng 'stadium' will look with a cage.

The stadiums rank thusly in Thailand

1- Chaweng

2- Bangla
3- Suwit
4- Lumpinee
-- Rajadamnern

Everyone knows this. Don't hate on Chaweng, young jedi

Yeah it was banned mate, that's why the DARE boys had to go underground. Last event was invite only and at an unnamed location (not Insomnia on Soi 12)
It wasn't recognised prior, but then about ten months ago they brought forth the ruling stating that MMA events in Thailand would directly impact and hurt Muay Thai, and outlawed it. Of course, grease a palm or two, or get someone like Master Toddy and / or the army involved, and there'd be little problem hosting MMA.

No it's not. There's never been a ban or a ruling. The sports just not regulated by the SAT and never has been, it just so happens that they didn't have anything to say on the subject until early last year.

Are they really using a cage for this show in Samui or are they just having an MMA fight in a ring and calling it a 'cage fight'? Suspect it's the latter.

it wasn't ever banned just not recognized, don't believe everything you read on the internet :p

it wasn't ever banned just not recognized, don't believe everything you read on the internet :p

I already said that. Anorak just reading my stuff and then trying to pass it off as his own so he sounds all knowledgeable. Again.

I already said that. Anorak just reading my stuff and then trying to pass it off as his own so he sounds all knowledgeable. Again.

And Anorak basically said it before you said it a few posts above.

during that controversy when it became a talking point, Master Toddy told me it was banned in April, at Central Ladprao (?) in Bangkok when Jordan fought Saiyok.

Then again... haha... I'm not sure he knew who Jordan or even Saiyok were!

@James- yeah was a cage event

Back