Social SNL has become vile!

I was excited to see SNL, again, after their months-long hiatus, this weekend, but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.

Nothing less than Trump as done over the years to who has seen as his haters, detractors, never Trumpers, turn about is fair play to me, I do wish Melania a speedy and healthy recovery. Trump can kick rocks for all I care...

You can visit the warroom at any time and see a bunch of pointless irrelevant threads, some threads arent even about current events they are just questions or people giving opinions.
You just described this thread and why in should be there ... as it now is.

The Kavanaugh hearing was one of their greatest skits of all time. Also, all the Melissa McCarthy-Sean Spicer stuff was gold. A lot of the Trump-only skits fall really flat though, because the jokes are so predictable, and it comes off as so preachy.

Last edited:
I instantly turn off any comedian/show that tries to create comedy off trump. I have zero interest in politics especially american politics. So i've had to move away from a lot of shows i used to enjoy.

The daily show is a glaring example. It used to be hilarious, witty and even thought provoking with Jon stewart and colbert. Now its just hacky and picking at the lowest hanging fruit, comedy nowhere to be seen.

But it makes me appreciate the non-conforming comedians a lot more. Chappelle, burr, norm.. thats where the real comedy is now.

They weren't funny or creative before Trump was president. SNL has been weak for a long time. He's specifically triggered by their Trump jokes.

Trump is low hanging fruit but the dude is saying or tweeting ridiculous shit every single day. He's just asking to be made fun of.
But again, he's not whining about Trump jokes. His quote was..
but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.
So assuming that's true (I don't watch), he's right. That goes beyond jokes and is in extremely poor taste. Honestly shouldn't even be on the air, I don't care who it's about. It would cause an uproar if it was about almost anyone else.

Been a fan of SNL for a very long time, and have seen most of the older stuff. I love New Yorker humor...very witty, offbeat, yet still classy at times.

But, since Trump's election in 2016, the show has taken a darker turn.

It's one thing to clown the President's inequities, much like they do with every Republican President (Chevy Chase has admitted on camera that SNL has a severe bias for Dems), but the comedians/actors who portray Trump, or those who play roles bashing Trump, have ALL been actors/comedians who have expressed a severe disdain for Trump in real life.

It's comedic to some extent, but there are times when the vibe/tone go beyond your typical joke/bit.

Not to mention, practically EVERY single episode since the election has revolved around Trump...EVERY "Weekend Update" is roughly 75% Trump "coverage"!

I was excited to see SNL, again, after their months-long hiatus, this weekend, but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.

To make things worse, SNL has really been laying it on thick with the pedo jokes these past few years.

Anyone who watches it regularly can probably relate to my gripes.

Your thoughts?

Snowflake.

Very strange too how the ones that “despise” him are the ones that can’t stop saying his name or RTing content about him.

So bizarre.

The Kavanaugh hearing was one of their greatest skits of all time. Also, all the Melissa McCarthy-Sean Spicer stuff was gold. A lot of the Trump-only skits fall really flat though, because the jokes are so predictable, and it comes off as so preachy.

That one really cracked me up. It was great.

Don’t clutch your pearls, too tight Nancy.
Wow a comedy show making fun of the President, sounds ground breaking.
Google some political ads from the 1800’s in the US. Those were brutal compared to the tame stuff They do nowadays.
Your post should have read, SNL makes me mad because they make fun of a guy I like.

SNL has random moments when they really do something perfectly. Melissa McCarthy as Spicer is an example. Or when Matt Damon came out as Kavanaugh already fuming and the first thing he says is, "WHAT!?"

source.gif

SNL has been making fun of presidents since it began.

Been a fan of SNL for a very long time, and have seen most of the older stuff. I love New Yorker humor...very witty, offbeat, yet still classy at times.

It's one thing to clown the President's inequities, much like they do with every Republican President (Chevy Chase has admitted on camera that SNL has a severe bias for Dems), but the comedians/actors who portray Trump, or those who play roles bashing Trump, have ALL been actors/comedians who have expressed a severe disdain for Trump in real life.

It's comedic to some extent, but there are times when the vibe/tone go beyond your typical joke/bit.

Not to mention, practically EVERY single episode since the election has revolved around Trump...EVERY "Weekend Update" is roughly 75% Trump "coverage"!

To make things worse, SNL has really been laying it on thick with the pedo jokes these past few years.

Your thoughts?
Snowflake alert

Your thoughts?

SNL has sucked ever since, but who cares if they hate Trump and joke about him dying.

What I would not like is to see Biden get the seat and people be upset when health jokes come up.

Trump fans get roasted and demolished by The Onion - "That site used to be funny! Not anymore, they went downhill but I can't put my finger on why!"

SNL mocks Trump - "Man I remember when show was funny! Very bad ratings now, sad!"

Guys.... let me give you a hint. You are the joke. You are the punchline.

Your thoughts?
You sound butt hurt.

Back