Social SNL has become vile!

SNL has sucked for years. Just lol at anyone who watches it.

I don't know anyone who watches (or still watches) SNL.

Lowest common denominator humor... It's just muppets pandering and jerking eachother off... Which if literal would be much funnier than snl...

Don't watch but Trump jokes were played out before he was even elected, and they're even worse coming from a place of severe butthurt. I get the guy's a moron but it's been a dark age of comedy

Alex Baldwin should be known as the guy who called his daughter a fat, thoughtless pig on the phone when she was 11 years old. And he didn't even know if she was 11 or 12.

There should be a ppv where the Baldwins fight in a clear dome. Then when a winner kills the others, it's revealed that the dome is a blender, and the crowd gets soup!

It was ok for him to make fun of transgenders but Candace Owens is off limits. Also he took shots at Don Lemon in the same special.

Imagine watching a Dave Chappelle special and being like "You know, I was on board until he insulted this political person I like. Total trash."

What fucking pussies.

Imagine watching a Dave Chappelle special and being like "You know, I was on board until he insulted this political person I like. Total trash."

What fucking pussies.

Bet they'll tell you to "Get politics out of X thing I like" though.

Even funnier with Dave because he's gotten significantly more reserved over the years. He's probably the closest ideologically that he's ever been to being called a conservative in his life.

Bet they'll tell you to "Get politics out of X thing I like" though.

Even funnier with Dave because he's gotten significantly more reserved over the years. He's probably the closest ideologically that he's ever been to being called a conservative in his life.

I wonder if they heard the bit about him seeing a gay guy fainting, and go "Oh shit, he's KILLING THE LIBS HERE!!!!"

Trump is fare game

TenderDistinctIndianrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Underrated Post. SNL always did politics, Clinton got it good. Left and Yes even the Rignt are just crybabies nowadays . People like to complain how the younger generation are soy boys but we (30-60) are the real soy boys. I'm ashamed of my pussy generation.
Exactly. For some reason we want control of the media. It doesn’t work like that. The best thing anyone can do if they don’t like a particular style of creative content is turn it off. It’s in bad taste and annoying to go around complaining about something you don’t have to watch. Plus the internet is so fucking entertaining AND informative if you can focus your energy in the right places.

I think the reason why a lot of the Trump jokes/impressions/caricatures end up falling flat, is because they just can't quite match up to what is occurring in reality.

Why bother re-creating the Trump-Biden debate with comedians, when the debate itself was already a total clown show? If you want laughs, just look at Trump himself in action, rather than any of the pale imitations.

The biggest joke is what he pulled off on the entire world, by becoming U.S. President, against all the odds. His "practical comedy" has made everything else seem dull by comparison.

Anybody still watching this shit after the 80's deserves everything they are getting.

A lot of comedians actually need Trump to be President. They'd have no material otherwise.
"It's difficult in the time of Trump for good comedians and it's way easier for bad comedians."

SNL was never my friend to begin with

The Atlantic's review was rather tepid regarding the season opener.
https://www.theatlantic.com/culture...ason-46-premiere-jim-carrey-joe-biden/616609/

When I watched the cold opening, I too thought I was watching Fire Marshall Bill, rather than Joe Biden coming from Jim Carey.

As for Baldwin, I get the feeling that his personality is so close to Trump's that it isn't funny. Since so many people do a decent impression of Trump, surely one of the regular cast members could have been paid to play Trump for the past few years.

Been a fan of SNL for a very long time, and have seen most of the older stuff. I love New Yorker humor...very witty, offbeat, yet still classy at times.

But, since Trump's election in 2016, the show has taken a darker turn.

It's one thing to clown the President's inequities, much like they do with every Republican President (Chevy Chase has admitted on camera that SNL has a severe bias for Dems), but the comedians/actors who portray Trump, or those who play roles bashing Trump, have ALL been actors/comedians who have expressed a severe disdain for Trump in real life.

It's comedic to some extent, but there are times when the vibe/tone go beyond your typical joke/bit.

Not to mention, practically EVERY single episode since the election has revolved around Trump...EVERY "Weekend Update" is roughly 75% Trump "coverage"!

I was excited to see SNL, again, after their months-long hiatus, this weekend, but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.

To make things worse, SNL has really been laying it on thick with the pedo jokes these past few years.

Anyone who watches it regularly can probably relate to my gripes.

Your thoughts?
Trump shared a video that stated “the only good democrat is a dead democrat.” Why the double standard now?

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that cancel culture conservatives want to censor comedians.

Been a fan of SNL for a very long time, and have seen most of the older stuff. I love New Yorker humor...very witty, offbeat, yet still classy at times.

But, since Trump's election in 2016, the show has taken a darker turn.

It's one thing to clown the President's inequities, much like they do with every Republican President (Chevy Chase has admitted on camera that SNL has a severe bias for Dems), but the comedians/actors who portray Trump, or those who play roles bashing Trump, have ALL been actors/comedians who have expressed a severe disdain for Trump in real life.

It's comedic to some extent, but there are times when the vibe/tone go beyond your typical joke/bit.

Not to mention, practically EVERY single episode since the election has revolved around Trump...EVERY "Weekend Update" is roughly 75% Trump "coverage"!

I was excited to see SNL, again, after their months-long hiatus, this weekend, but what I perceived was a new low, even for SNL. Chris Rock and Jim Carrey essentially wished malice, illness, death, etc. upon the President, who, regardless of your political affiliation, is still a fellow human being.

To make things worse, SNL has really been laying it on thick with the pedo jokes these past few years.

Anyone who watches it regularly can probably relate to my gripes.

Your thoughts?

I agree with most of this but just to give a little nuance:

1. Weekend Update generally plays off of real stories in the news, so in fairness to the writers, the real news has been at least 75% Trump for a bit now. They'd need to go out and get their own stories if they were going to cut back on the Trump stuff.

2. Trump is a real challenge to make comedy of because his real life actions come off as parody and farce as is.

But, yes, it's all pretty mean-spirited, which makes for crappy comedy.

You obviously mildly-skimmed through my OP, and haven't watched the skit I'm referring to.

You're dismissed.

I watched it in its entirety. The problem with it is the actual debate was such a fucking joke that you can't really do it justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memeticist
Back