So 36 yo Usman, with a short camp, coming up a weight class, is an elite win ?

This sort of logic will basically say he's not legit until he beats Alex/Jiri at LHW. I don't think it will end. In fact I think Usman has better wrestling than all MWs besides Bo.

No. He'll be legit if he beats the top dogs at MW. Simple as that. MW, not LHW

You're still talking, as if your irrelevant opinion matters. Go away now, little boy. Save your stupid takes for your friends or something. Keep crying though, little kid.

Go on, i'm loving it. Don't forget to do other things than posting of forums and insulting people. Life's great outside the basement, lil' bro. You'll see, it's nice out there.

Go on, i'm loving it. Don't forget to do other things than posting of forums and insulting people. Life's great outside the basement, lil' bro. You'll see, it's nice out there.
Bye loser. You're an idiot. You'll head to my ignore list forever, clown

No. He'll be legit if he beats the top dogs at MW. Simple as that. MW, not LHW
I agree, but its the Islam situation all over. Top dogs aren't going to sign or if they do they don't show up when its time to fight. Look how he ended up fighting Green and Hooker. I think UFC has to force a title shot for us to see him against the top 5.

Usman is on the decline, 36 years old, with "popped" knee, after 2 losses, 1 KO, short camp, new weight class and.... Its basically a draw in 3 rounder. Imagine prime WW Usman on winning streak with the full camp in 5 rounder with Chimaev... uhhhhh....<LikeReally5>

Usman is on the decline, 36 years old, with "popped" knee, after 2 losses, 1 KO, short camp, new weight class and.... Its basically a draw in 3 rounder. Imagine prime WW Usman on winning streak with the full camp in 5 rounder with Chimaev... uhhhhh....<LikeReally5>

It was realistically 30-26 for Khamzat. Whether Khamzat would gas in championship rounds remains to be seen.

Usman was still on an ATG run until less than 18 months ago, has a win over the current MW champ and on paper at least is more capable of resisting Khamzats wrestling than anyone at MW other than Bo.

Its a better win than Costa would have been imo. Short camp or not.

Definitely an elite win despite all those facts. Only problem is it's an elite win if they fought at 170. Even if he did beat Costa instead, a win over Paulo isn't deserving a TS either. It is what it is - max

This sort of logic will basically say he's not legit until he beats Alex/Jiri at LHW. I don't think it will end. In fact I think Usman has better wrestling than all MWs besides Bo.

lol beating Alex/Jiri at LHW will do nothing in these peoples eyes since then they will just say "they have no wrestling" This isn't something that will stop regardless of what Khamzat does.

Don't get me wrong, Usman is still great. His knees are shot, but he still has the gas tank and the stand up to compensate.

Kamaru definitely is not a MW. Khamzat can't even make WW anymore, so this weight class suits him better. It's hard to get excited about his win knowing all the circomstances and the Costa pull out, and i'm still waiting for a top actual MW contender to really test him.

Until then i'm not completely sold on Khamzat. He slowed down after the first round too (yes i heard about his potential broken hand)
Let me ask you this. Would have you rather have seen Khamzat and Islam pulled from the card entirely? would that have been the better solution?

lol beating Alex/Jiri at LHW will do nothing in these peoples eyes since then they will just say "they have no wrestling" This isn't something that will stop regardless of what Khamzat does.
I heard same shit with Islam. It's going to have to take Khamzat to get the longest win streak for them to open their eyes.

I heard same shit with Islam. It's going to have to take Khamzat to get the longest win streak for them to open their eyes.

lol no not that either, then it will be "strength of schedule" "weak era" etc, we're talking about absolute mongoloids mate

It was realistically 30-26 for Khamzat. Whether Khamzat would gas in championship rounds remains to be seen.

Its realistically 28-28. with rounds 2 and 3 to Usman. After Chimaev gassed in 2nd and 3rd you have questions about if he will gas in 4th and 5th?<TheWire1>

Khamzat could have 10 world title defences and you'd get Sherbros saying they're not sold on him just yet.
Tbf beating some legit competition at MW first shouldn’t be a hard ask to be “sold”. But yeah, he obviously needs the opportunity to do so before we rush to a conclusion. He has either ran through bad-mediocre competition (all credit for those wins - especially GM3 and Holland), or come out on top over a couple welterweights in fights where he’s shown some vulnerability. This weekend wasn’t his fault but honestly i’m not sure how much a win over Costa in 2023 is worth anyway.

Like you said, we are probably about to find out. He’s gonna be fighting Strickand, Dricus, Whittaker, Cannonier, etc moving forward.

Back