So Alec Baldwin just killed a woman

alec-baldwin---sfnm.jpg

baldwin-sfnm-2.jpg

Jesus what a horrible situation. Feel for that woman’s family, can’t imagine accidentally taking someone’s life.

It was a prop gun.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-22/shooting-alec-baldwin-on-set-new-mexico-prop-gun/100560672

Movie star Actor Alec Baldwin has fired a prop gun on a movie set in New Mexico, killing cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding director Joel Souza, authorities said.

The incident occurred on the set of the independent feature film, Rust, the Santa Fe County Sheriff's office said in a statement.

"The sheriff's office confirms that two individuals were shot on the set of Rust," police said in the statement.

"Halyna Hutchins, 42, director of photography, and Joel Souza, 48, director, were shot when a prop firearm was discharged by Alec Baldwin, 68, producer, and actor."

A Variety report said the shooting occurred at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, a production location south of Santa Fe in New Mexico.

No charges have yet been filed in regard to the incident, police said, adding they were investigating the circumstances around the shooting.

Hutchins died after being airlifted to hospital and Souza is being treated at a medical centre for injuries sustained in the incident.

Production has been halted on the Western movie.

Investigations are continuing.

Damn, I don't even know what to say, I'm just sitting here and shaking my head... A shitty situation all around.

So who carries the blame for this?

Last edited:
Baldwin is an utter piece of fucking shit.

But some interesting details:
Actor Alec Baldwin, 63, discharged a prop gun in an apparent accident Thursday on a movie set, killing one person and injuring another, according to local authorities. One of the people who was shot, cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, has been pronounced dead.
The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s office said Thursday the shooting happened at the Bonanza Creek Ranch movie set during work for “Rust,” an independent project that stars Baldwin, according to Deadline. Joel Souza, 48, the writer and director of “Rust,” was also shot in the incident and has been hospitalized at Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical center.

IMDb offers the following synopsis of “Rust,” which has now been halted: “A 13 year-old boy, left to fend for himself and his younger brother following the death of their parents in 1880’s Kansas, goes on the run with his long estranged grandfather after he’s sentenced to hang for the accidental killing of a local rancher.”
^^^

So he shot two motherfuckers not on screen....so not quite Brandon Lee situation.

Also, how does he shoot two people not in the scene with 1880 weapons? I mean, that is dead eye. If he was say shooting at someone on the other side of the camera....yeah, then ok the cinematographer might make sense....well, the cameraman would make more sense as he is looking through the camera.

Now the write and DP might be near the camera....but A) is this dickhead Alec fucking aiming at them B) are these people who got shot standing there with someone aiming a gun at them???

Was it during a scene? was he fucking around?

Alot of DP's look through the camera, even some Directors. A James Bond intro type shot makes the most sense in this situation.

Stupid idea here: maybe it should be put in the contract that all prop guns must be fired at the prop gun supplier/handler/armorer before the start of filming every gun fight scene. So the dumb motherfucker takes his/her job a little more seriously so that these things never happen.

Stupid idea here: maybe it should be put in the contract that all prop guns must be fired at the prop gun supplier/handler/armorer before the start of filming every gun fight scene. So the dumb motherfucker takes his/her job a little more seriously so that these things never happen.
No idea what happened here but in the Brandon Lee case a blank case got lodged in the chamber and was shot out by the next blank. Wouldn’t have prevented it.

Messed up. You would think they would have been able to ensure prop safety by now.

No idea what happened here but in the Brandon Lee case a blank case got lodged in the chamber and was shot out by the next blank. Wouldn’t have prevented it.

Aw jeez, that sucks...

Horrific. Sad for her Loved ones, what a stupid tragic loss. I feel terrible for Baldwin, assuming it was all an accident. What a burden to live with. And whoever was in charge of the prop gun being safe… I don’t envy that dumb fucker. Nightmare scenario. Brutal all around

How would this even happen though
There are two different types of "blanks". One has no gunpowder but has the projectile and is used for scenes where the bullet has to look like a bullet like in the cylinder of a revolver where it is visible.

The other type has gun powder but no projectile and is used for scenes where the gun is fired.

In the case of Brandon Lee they were making their own blanks by removing the projectile, dumping out the gunpowder and reinstalling the projectile.

They think the trigger was pulled when the first type was in the gun and the primer caused enough of an explosion to send the projectile into the barrel. The gun was later used with the second type of blank and fired and since the barrel had the projectile in it it acted just like a live round and killed Brandon Lee.

There are two different types of "blanks". One has no gunpowder but has the projectile and is used for scenes where the bullet has to look like a bullet like in the cylinder of a revolver where it is visible.

The other type has gun powder but no projectile and is used for scenes where the gun is fired.

In the case of Brandon Lee they were making their own blanks by removing the projectile, dumping out the gunpowder and reinstalling the projectile.

They think the trigger was pulled when the first type was in the gun and the primer caused enough of an explosion to send the projectile into the barrel. The gun was later used with the second type of blank and fired and since the barrel had the projectile in it it acted just like a live round and killed Brandon Lee.
Wasn’t the Brandon one a super unlucky incident. The main prop and gun guy had left early and his assistance, who wasn’t as savvy failed to inspect the gun? I know they were just a few days away from wrapping up.

Wasn’t the Brandon one a super unlucky incident. The main prop and gun guy had left early and his assistance, who wasn’t as savvy failed to inspect the gun? I know they were just a few days away from wrapping up.
Probably something like that. They obviously didn't inspect the bullets they removed.

What a tragedy. RIP. I’m sure Baldwin feels terrible about it.

You’d think after Brandon Lee’s death that Hollywood would have fixed this issue with prop guns by now. I know they’re rare, but more than 1 death is already too many.
I dunno. Judging by Alec's past behavior and attitude, I could see this as just being a minor annoyance and him being annoyed it ended the day of filming. I highly doubt it bothers him like it would like any of us regular joes. He is a super narcissist.

Back