So Cody Garbrandt is done right?

I'll always tune in for his fights. Someone usually gets ko'd. His fight with Cruz is an all time classic.

He was groomed his entire career to beat one guy (Cruz), did it when the opponent had a history of injuries and was nearing the tail end of his career, then that was it, destiny fulfilled but he wasn't prepared for a whole lot else it seems. He's always had flashes of something, knocked out Assuncao near the end of Assuncao's career, knocked down TJ in their fights, finished Kelleher, Mizugaki (also at the tail end of his career), and Almeida, but he's more of a hammer and less of a nail; 3-6 since the Cruz win and all but one of those losses are finishes.

if you are asking if we will see the cody that blessed our eyes to witness against the dominator again? it won't happen but i think he can still serve as some sort of gate keeper in the lower top 10. a fight between him and talbott could be interesting or depressing....

He needs to find whatever Robbie Lawler did to suddenly become an unstoppable monster.

Nah, he won his last 2 before this, and had some good moments in the fight. I think he gets at least one more.

Last 2 fights? He is 3-6 in the last 7 years. He has been done for a long time. He is gatekeeper status now.

He lost but he took the first round off of #8 ranked Figueiredo, that's not retirement status imo. He might be able to win against some 10-15 ranked guys and even if not, no shame in being the 20th best BW in the world

What did they do at team alpha male? I thought it was a grapple heavy group.

I dunno,

He looked good last night. He's old as hell for the weightclass (Edit: no he isn't, I thought he was older) but he's also above average talent, so he could have a few interesting fights left in him.

Cody is one of the worst examples of potential not met. He showed some serious signs of excellence and then seemingly had a lot of his ability beaten out of him in brutal finish losses. He's still really good, though. Underrated, especially if he can fight smart. It's too late now for him to reach great status, but he should have enough left in the tank for a few good fights.

For all his natural abilities he lacks certain aspects of the fight game, such as defense and fight iq.

I actually thought he'd knock Figgy out but alas, Figgy is a better wrestler than I gave him credit for sir.

He is still my boy and has so much better life than his bum haters

That better life didn't help his defense though huh?
Too bad his fancy car wasn't fighting yesterday, maybe it would've had better fight IQ.

In terms of being elite, yeah, but he still beats most of the division.

He won't ever fight for a title but he can't still have fun fights with top 15 fighters.

Back