So did Francis make a mistake leaving the UFC?

I don't think it had any adverse effect on his legacy per se. It was quite anomaly that he even gave a good showing against Fury. And a lot of people including myself was buying the hype before the Joshua fight. But he and a lot of people who were rooting for him got humbled big time. We got our feet back down to earth.

Saying that, I don't think it's that big a deal, he was suppose not to do so good in boxing anyways. It's not far fetched he lost badly in that scenario, it is what it is. To me it's more or less a moral victory for him, he can always say he tried to box with the best boxers in the world and he did pretty good at the first bout, but fell down and faltered in the 2nd.

But you pick yourself up and move again. The main thing for someone like Ngannou, he will never have regrets. He accomplished his childhood dream of becoming a professional boxer and what else can you ask for?

GJ5O8UkZHfsO79DKk1ZQ0NhTwb0kBHrcjHUMN0Sjmfs.jpg

For his legacy absolutely. He almost beat Tyson Fury.

There was no one left for him to fight in UFC. Aspinall hadn't broken through yet and Jones ran from him for like a decade.

For money... those 50k bonuses bro? Dang idk aye.

I'm just going to say it. 100% Dana brings him back to the UFC to fight Jones.
Yeah that's gonna happen. Even Dana knows Jones will retire if Ngannou gets brought back and Dana sees Jones as the bigger draw so Francis will never be welcome back at this point

So he'd probably leverage some contender levels fights and make some buck. There's still a curiosity factor in how he might actually perform. We all know Tyson did not look good, even or himself, and there was no footage to work with for Joshua. I think something like a Mc Gregor v Pauli Mallinagi would work well. He'd land some good gigs on Misfits show. As is he's not getting more title fights in boxing and risks becoming a fringe fighter in UFC.

7 mill against Fury, 20 mill against Joshua.

600k for UFC. Undercard fighters in boxing events make more than that. So ... if he's in it for the money then is it acceptable that he no longer sees his name up in lights.
You do realize that he made 600k cause he wanted to leave, right? Stop it with that number, yes he got that but only cause he didnt want to sign for more fights, or the Jones fight, he still made the right choice. I feel there is still one more smaller payday in boxing to be made, losing that by KO means the end of his career tho, same if he goes to MMA and loses there imo, no more boxing.

He did not make a mistake. I was not a fan of his in UFC and when he wanted to try boxing I was like "go for it.. hope you get your head knocked in". But it all worked out for him he got to try boxing and against the best and did make some serious bucks.

He made 30 mill in 6 months

He tested himself against the very best in a sport he had always dreamed of competing in

He won, he lost and he did it all with actual dignity before and after

He said no to being undervalued and used and chased a dream instead

I don't know if he has kids but that's something to pass on

He won massively. UFC was a ball and chain and he showed it up, imo.

yeah, he's missing making as much money as a doctor. what a mistake!

He became more famous than he ever was in the UFC, and more famous than pretty much any heavyweight the UFC ever had - maybe except for Lesnar (though I would say Ngannou was more heavily featured in the news than Brock was).

Made substantially more purse money

Got more respect from both MMA and boxing during this 1 year period

And that's not considering that his MMA career is not done yet, and he can still make millions fighting in PFL

So he'd probably leverage some contender levels fights and make some buck. There's still a curiosity factor in how he might actually perform. We all know Tyson did not look good, even or himself, and there was no footage to work with for Joshua. I think something like a Mc Gregor v Pauli Mallinagi would work well. He'd land some good gigs on Misfits show. As is he's not getting more title fights in boxing and risks becoming a fringe fighter in UFC.

600k for UFC. Undercard fighters in boxing events make more than that. So ... if he's in it for the money then is it acceptable that he no longer sees his name up in lights.

Its the smartest move he could've made.
He tripled his entire MMA pay in 2 fights, this shouldn't even be a question sir.

Big Frank got the bag. A couple of 'em. He'll likely have more money than he can spend (within reason) when his prizefighting career is over.

Francis did the right thing. You can cry that Fury carried him but that's just an excuse. Obviously Joshua was much more dangerous and probably cracked that chin forever. I hope he ends his boxing career.

Francis did the right thing. You can cry that Fury carried him but that's just an excuse. Obviously Joshua was much more dangerous and probably cracked that chin forever. I hope he ends his boxing career.

I don’t think that Fury carried him. But, he did take it very easy on him, intentionally bringing him into the late rounds, acting hurt to make it look more believable, and letting him get off shots that, under legitimate circumstances, would never have happened.

"The PFL is excited to announce its groundbreaking strategic partnership with Francis Ngannou, the greatest heavyweight fighter in the world," PFL CEO Peter Murray said in a statement. "Ngannou will anchor the PFL's star-studded PPV Super Fight Division, serve on PFL's Global Athlete Advisory Board and will be a Chairman and equity owner in PFL Africa."

iF he goes back to UFC he’d be retarded. Jones should go to him if he wants that fight.

I don’t think that Fury carried him. But, he did take it very easy on him, intentionally bringing him into the late rounds, acting hurt to make it look more believable, and letting him get off shots that, under legitimate circumstances, would never have happened.
That's fair and understandable. It's weird other people act like Fury had no Interest in beating a amateur boxer. Fury maybe didn't take it seriously but at the end of the day he was in a fight.. And it was close.

No. And I can't believe why people don't get this. It's called prize fighting for a reason. It is called professional boxing for a reason. Its a career dude. This is how they make a living. It's their job. His job is to make MONEY. All this other stuff is for people like you to worry about legacies and things like that. This is Ngannous profession and he has cashed in huge. Way more than what he could ever make in MMA. He got paid. He maximized his earning potential and cashed in. End of story.

it is the right decision if he stops now. He got his 2 big bags of cash on fights that completely tanked on ppv. he is just asking for life changing brain damage at this point.

he got exposed by Cyril. He got planked 1 punch KO by AJ. He is overrated and looked shook IMHO vs a AJ not scared to bang with him.

Fighters won't be scared to trade now

Back