So does Islam’s win over the great Oliveira means Khabib is the LW goat or you’re still not...

lol they keep moving the posts. Khabib could be 100 and 0 but the silly logic of you can't miss weight once will be stuck in their heads.
Its that they didnt get the anticipated Oliviera "destruction of Khabib's legacy" so they have to dig deep down for old arguments,cos they have no defeats to hold against him,and Oliveria failed to do what they said he would lol

This win only reflects on Khabib as a coach.

Khabib isn’t Islam and Islam set up with striking and went to the ground for the finish on a rocked Charles. Charles needed to be rocked first, lesser chance of this with Khabib. Charles striking is tricky and it could have easily gave Khabib issues or Khabib would have got him down and kept him down etc.

Islam is now 11-0 streak as a LW and Khabib was 11-0 (missed weight and had 2 CW fights)

1 more win and he ties Tony 12-0 streak and after that 2 more wins ties the title defense record. Islam is in a strong position to surpass them all. Charles is a better win than Iaquinta, McGregor, Dustin and Justin at this point. I imagine his 4 defenses will be better competition or equal to Dustin / Justin.

Islam is building his own legacy not giving Khabib make believe wins or validating him. You can have a loss on your record and still build the best LW resume and title run in the history of the UFC.

Islam 15-0 LW run and 4 title defenses > Khabib’s 11-0 LW run and 3 defenses

Islam has more LW fights career wise

Islam 23 LW fights CW 1 time

Khabib 16 LW 13 WW/CW

Thing is they've trained together for 20 + years and they both know who the better fighter is. If we go off what their coach has said he's never seen Khabib tap but hasn't applied the same statement to Islam. I can remember the kids name but he's trained with both Khabib and Islam and says Khabib is the better fighter, it could be a case where he felt Khabibs pressure and Islam was just being technical. With all that said Khabib's success is Islams and vice versa as their main goal is to bring up their team.

If Islam would “dismantle every challenge for the next few years“ it would probably make Islam LW GOAT, not Khabib. Islam’s wins are not “Khabib the fighters” wins. You can’t do it like that. Would you count Islam’s losses as losses for Khabib as a fighter (not as a coach) for example?

Depends, if Islam comes out and says Khabib dominated me in training (which he has btw but noted Khabib is heavier) then how can you say Khabib isn't the better fighter. Islam has also said Khabib made me, either way it's a mute point their team / both will be legends for a lot longer than we're aliive.

its khabib 2.0 time
when usman gets here it will be 3.0

maybe there will be another place holder between them?

Depends, if Islam comes out and says Khabib dominated me in training (which he has btw but noted Khabib is heavier) then how can you say Khabib isn't the better fighter. Islam has also said Khabib made me, either way it's a mute point their team / both will be legends for a lot longer than we're aliive.
It is a moot point. They excel at some different aspects,and they will never fight each other. People can prefer one or the other,thats the best you can really do.

Its that they didnt get the anticipated Oliviera "destruction of Khabib's legacy" so they have to dig deep down for old arguments,cos they have no defeats to hold against him,and Oliveria failed to do what they said he would lol

lol yep, i made a post about this a few days ago. haha just wait until / if Islam losses again then that person will be the next "GOAT" / person Khabib was scared of.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/as-a-khabib-fan-im-loving-this.4261694/

Thing is they've trained together for 20 + years and they both know who the better fighter is. If we go off what their coach has said he's never seen Khabib tap but hasn't applied the same statement to Islam. I can remember the kids name but he's trained with both Khabib and Islam and says Khabib is the better fighter, it could be a case where he felt Khabibs pressure and Islam was just being technical. With all that said Khabib's success is Islams and vice versa as their main goal is to bring up their team.

They always say Khabib is the better wrestler and better at certain things and Islam is the better striker. Islam seems to have a more diverse submission game and Khabib better top control and GNP. What if, like many high level grapplers facing each other Khabib vs Islam ends up being mostly on the feet and Islam out points him with his superior striking. Probably a strong possibility that could happen. A real MMA fight isn’t the same as Khabib getting the best of Islam on a mat in training. Islam could be the better MMA fighter head to head because the fight takes place where Islam is better.

It is a moot point. They excel at some different aspects,and they will never fight each other. People can prefer one or the other,thats the best you can really do.

Eitherway I'm happy, they can call which ever GOAT, i'm a fan of both and they are key to each others success imo. Diamonds sharpen Diamonds.

Khabib was the goat before the 9 th Olivera loss he will remain the goat for a long time . I would also like to point out that Khabib is now working on eventually being the goat coach .

I think khabib is the best. He might not have the best resume, but he’s the best fighter.

You can't win fights by proxy. Mma math doesn't work. The only way for Khabib to improve his fighting legacy is to actually fight and risk losing. He can't skip putting his unbeaten record at risk and claim victories by won by another man (nor can his fans).
Khabib is of course a big part of Islams success. Khabib (and his fans) just can't claim Islam's victories as "Khabib the fighters" victories per se. Those have to be earned by each man alone.

Convinced? But Khabib left too early talk is it over or not yet? If Islam went on to dismantle every challenge for the next few years would that make him and Khabib the goats or just Islam?
Wow
You mean Khabib and Islam can share each other's accomplishments even though one of them is retired?
That's luck, I'm jealous.
Imagine being a kid at school, and instead of taking all the exams you can do half of them, while your cousin does the other half, and you both get a joint diploma in at the end of the year.
Wait, does that mean if one of them marries, it automatically extends makes her the other guy's wife too? That's haram!

Wait, does this only apply to these 2 only or do all dagistanis share accomplishments like they're one being? We need to dig deeper!

4 titles wins dont make you a goat, his record will eventually get beaten and it will be sooner rather than later

Just is what is it

Such steaks are rare, well done! I wonder if they're still hungry though.
For me personally, no.
I like my meat well cooked.
Only thing I'm willing to eat raw is sushi/sashimi.
carpaccio or steak tartare are also gross to me.

And I'm a guy willing to try anything. Hakuna matata.

To be the lightweight GOAT, you can't miss weight at 155. You also can't fail to show up for weigh-ins because you were going to miss weight again.

Khabib fought as many times at welterweight outside of the UFC as he did at lightweight in the UFC. Add in his repeated struggles to make 155 in the UFC and it is clear that he was a welterweight trying to fight at lightweight.
when u fight at lw u fight wws when u fight at ww u fight mws. its just the way it is, just get over it.

Reactions: HHJ
Back