So "Fight Island" was just Bull$hit

Hold on. Dana said they were "buying a private island".

DID he tho?

"I am also a day or two away from securing a private island, I have a private island that I've secured, we're getting the infrastructure put in now, so we're gonna start doing international fights, too, with international fighters. Cause I won't be able to get international fighters, all of em, into the US, so I have a private island, I'm gonna fly em all into the private island and have em doing international fights from there."
https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/06/dana-white-ufc-249-private-island-fights-joe-rogan/

So that’s a no. He slick.

I couldn't find the "no", can you show us?

Where in that statement did he literally say he was buying an island? Nowhere. The verbs were "secured" and "have." Now let's say I'm talking about planning a wedding reception and I say that I've secured a venue and that I have a venue for it. Nobody in their right minds would instantly assume I've BOUGHT a place to hold the reception. But because we're talking Dana "Driveway Snow" White and most of us have never heard the term "private island" without some free-spending celebrity being involved in buying one, we leapt immediately to a picture of Dana playing Mr. Roarke and Cejudo showing up as Tattoo. "Look Boss, de plane, de plane with the international fighters!"

I was hoping for some Bodog type action.

You are one of my favourite posters on these boards.

giphy.gif

Awwwwwwww, thank you! And you're one of favorites too. I love spotting that shield avi as I'm scrolling though, it always stands for great good sense.

It's not Yas Island no mo. It's fight island now!

Haha so the guys bitching that ‘he is out buying islands but can’t pay us more’ must feel stoopid AF RN

Pretty sure most fans who believed dana are feeling pretty stupid right now. Dana has never told the truth when it comes to fighter pay or other things.

Where in that statement did he literally say he was buying an island? Nowhere. The verbs were "secured" and "have." Now let's say I'm talking about planning a wedding reception and I say that I've secured a venue and that I have a venue for it. Nobody in their right minds would instantly assume I've BOUGHT a place to hold the reception. But because we're talking Dana "Driveway Snow" White and most of us have never heard the term "private island" without some free-spending celebrity being involved in buying one, we leapt immediately to a picture of Dana playing Mr. Roarke and Cejudo showing up as Tattoo. "Look Boss, de plane, de plane with the international fighters!"
Lol!

tumblr_pg1h5285NS1qd4esao1_400.gifv

This all seems vaguely familiar but they ↑↑↑ Bodog paved the way for this new UFC way...

This is blowing my mind.

We've actually started getting fights again and now we're getting a proper international fight card. Who the fuck would look at that and call it BS?

Yea it's not a fucking mortal kombat island and they're not gona shoot fireballs at each other. But you'll get to see fights.

I swear as bad as Dana as the fickle fans are way worse.
MMA starting up internationally has absolutely nothing to do with Dana White. Things are becoming more lax regarding covid across the world. Abu Dhabi are the first to open up shop.

is yas island a private island? i thought it was owned by the state....

EDIT: its owned by Aldar Properties, which is a PUBLICLY traded company

<TheWire1>

That’s pretty funny they’ve already had 3 cards there. Like what’s the point of calling it fight island?

Literally everyone said this was bullshit and voila ! Bullshit !

Some of the Dana’s lies are so stupid and childish, no one believes them at any point and the guy is so out of touch he doesn’t even notice, too used to lying I guess

Fooled us? No, no, no, fooled YOU TS.

4a4.gif

Back