So Gordon Ryan is openly admitting steroid use ?

don't even get me started on all the jon jones horseshit.

the motherfucker was caught , and an arbiter decided that it was due to unintentional ingestion, so his suspension was shortened. jones did not provide any evidence of that, other than being interviewed by the arbiter.

next, he gets busted again, and they shorten his suspension yet again, because this time he snitched on someone. mind you, he was the fucking champion at the time. unless he snitched on dana white's tax returns being fraudulent, it's the dumbest reason anyone's been given a deal in the history of fucking deals. he's the guy, who the fuck can he snitch on? some prelims fighter nobody gives a fuck about?

but of course, he pisses hot again. this is embarrassing, we better pull out some new pseudoscience to cover his ass. he's just pulsing, everybody, it's perfectly fine. it's just a pinch of salt in an olympic swimming pool. it's just a few pictograms. that dipshit novitzky actually had the balls to explain in an interview that jones is the first known example in history to have this pulsing effect, it's completely uncharted territory and they have no idea what's going on.

if only there could be a simpler explanation for a piece of shit cheater that's been busted several times before...
The very study they used to explain the pulsing was for one of the drugs from Jones second PED failure... Clomiphene. Magically Jones doesn't pulse for that but does for a whole new drug, that his brother also somehow failed for.

I don't work for USADA but it's very clear the Jones's got a good deal on their PEDs by getting a family bulk discount...

The Russian USADA actively stored alternate pee samples, had a hole in the lab and tampered with "tamper" proof bottles and eventually got caught.

Lance got away with it because his tests were similar to all the other top competition. They suspected him the entire time, but weren't able to prove it until they advanced the testing. On the simplest level he was just better at blood doping than all the other blood dopers around that time. They famously went back and basically had to get to something like 14th place to find someone who wasn't as doped up as him upon retesting. SUre he got away with it at the time and athletes have, but plenty eventually get caught and stripped of medals.

Just letting people dope isn't the way to go, making it so doping carries a harsher penalty is. For some reason we have all these athletes who magically get "tainted supplements" all the time. The UFC even provides them with a decent and tested brand, with plenty of companies offering guaranteed testing.

Somehow we still get guys like Bobby Green, buying stuff from "Walmart"... Why is a pro fighter taking some random banned supplement when he doesn't even know what it is does from a Youtube video? It's because it masks the use of other PEDs and gives him an out, when his tests show up weird.

Conor did what Silva did and used PEDs to repair his leg. He left the testing pool to do that. USADA were sticking to their guns and making him sit out the mandatory period. UFC needed a big PPV and want to skip that mandatory period. I am ok with PED use to recover from a major injury like that, provided they sit out that period. The new testing agency is also making COnor wait, so I don't understand why they didn;t just stay with USADA.

I agree with making a hard first time penalty like a 3 year ban. I am sure crossfit is juiced as well but they banned some guy for like 5 years after his first fail.

I think if these sports organizations want to stop steroids is have a USDA like testing and any positive give them a 3 year ban. If you think about most steroid heavy sports 3 years is a death sentence.

I agree with making a hard first time penalty like a 3 year ban. I am sure crossfit is juiced as well but they banned some guy for like 5 years after his first fail.

I think if these sports organizations want to stop steroids is have a USDA like testing and any positive give them a 3 year ban. If you think about most steroid heavy sports 3 years is a death sentence.
3 years is perfect. Cross fit is one of those sports I believe the multitude of athletes have used at some point or are skirting the boundaries with SARMs etc. Skill is part of it but the actual reality is who can tolerate more work and have a better output over a multi day period. Tour de france was similar in that you needed to have ridiculous work capacity to be successful. MMA you can win by being more skilled in multiple facets, being stronger, being fitter or just plain hitting harder. PEDs assist in recovery, but you have more chance as a clean athlete to be successful even if your opponent uses.

Cycling got to the point you had to use, I don't want MMA to be like that. I am not naive and know people use PEDs and skirt the testing, but I don't think every single fighter is using banned PEDs.

If it's a sport where you need to roid like cycling you will take the small risk of getting caught regardless of the circumstances as it doesn't make any sense to compete with 0% chance of winning.

If it's a sport where you need to roid like cycling you will take the small risk of getting caught regardless of the circumstances as it doesn't make any sense to compete with 0% chance of winning.
I agree, if the top 20 cyclist are juicing and the chances of you getting caught are less than 10% then why not juice.

I got nothing against, if the system does not protect why should care about the system.

If you want to take the cons of steroids to get gain the benefits and you are a adult why not take them. You take the risk 100% on your.

But I am against steroids in combat sports it should be 0 tolerance.

3 years is perfect. Cross fit is one of those sports I believe the multitude of athletes have used at some point or are skirting the boundaries with SARMs etc. Skill is part of it but the actual reality is who can tolerate more work and have a better output over a multi day period. Tour de france was similar in that you needed to have ridiculous work capacity to be successful. MMA you can win by being more skilled in multiple facets, being stronger, being fitter or just plain hitting harder. PEDs assist in recovery, but you have more chance as a clean athlete to be successful even if your opponent uses.

Cycling got to the point you had to use, I don't want MMA to be like that. I am not naive and know people use PEDs and skirt the testing, but I don't think every single fighter is using banned PEDs.
I agree steroids assist in recovery but in MMA this can be a big differ to recovery between fights.

And because of the recovery you can gain above average strength(for top level MMA) than another guy more skilled and just juicing.

Am I late to the party or something? We all know he's been on the juice for years it's no secret but since when is he openly admitting to taking it ? Is it the first time or is ite coming out of hibernation ? Seems way to casual about it

Seems like he's saying the exact opposite: he's saying he built real muscle and that's why he's "still him."

I agree steroids assist in recovery but in MMA this can be a big differ to recovery between fights.

And because of the recovery you can gain above average strength(for top level MMA) than another guy more skilled and just juicing.
Steroids will allow you to train more, leading to better skills in the long run. But someone can still just simply be a better striker than you and win even if you used steroids to become the better than them everywhere else and better than them athletically. You still have the ability to win.

Tour de france is literally who can ride the hardest for longest. Skill is important but I could be the greatest technical cyclist with the greatets bike known to man and it's only going to shave a few seconds off my time vs the simple fact that Lance Armstrong (and many others) increased their aerobic output and physiology so much they could do superhuman feats of endurance against other superbly trained and skilled athletes.

Crossfit is similar at the games in that it's whoever can tolerate the most random exercise volume over the games period, will generally win. The winner rarely comes first in every single event, it's the person who can do well enough in each event consistently that wins each year and doesn't break down too early.

Let's not take it out of context though, he also said guys get into cold plunges because they're lonely and want their friends to come over to their houses and get in tubs with them.
Wait, I thought this was well established... Is there another reason?

Craig posted his cycle on instagram.

Great look for the sport lol.
I think Craig is mostly funny af, but some shit like this is wildly immature and off putting to me. Some stupid teenager or early 20s hobbiest is gonna start taking anavar from that post

I think Craig is mostly funny af, but some shit like this is wildly immature and off putting to me. Some stupid teenager or early 20s hobbiest is gonna start taking anavar from that post
It's just Australian humour. He is making fun of the fact JJ guys say "they are going to war" and middle aged dads(which I am one) thinking that training in spandex makes them fighters.

He is on gear like most and just being open about it. Gordon is on so much gear he is actually having negative side effects under 30 years old. People can make their own choices, but looking up to these guys for anything but technique instruction is stupid.

He is sponsored by a roid company so I guess he considers this a win.

It's just Australian humour. He is making fun of the fact JJ guys say "they are going to war" and middle aged dads(which I am one) thinking that training in spandex makes them fighters.

He is on gear like most and just being open about it. Gordon is on so much gear he is actually having negative side effects under 30 years old. People can make their own choices, but looking up to these guys for anything but technique instruction is stupid.
Fair enough, I’m not entirely butthurt about it but he isn’t a young man anymore, flaunting a steroid stack to a crowd that consists partially of highly influenced teenagers and early 20s is just poor taste. Outside of that I think he’s really funny

The very study they used to explain the pulsing was for one of the drugs from Jones second PED failure... Clomiphene. Magically Jones doesn't pulse for that but does for a whole new drug, that his brother also somehow failed for.

I don't work for USADA but it's very clear the Jones's got a good deal on their PEDs by getting a family bulk discount...
I got my blackbelt from Jon’s bjj coach. This coach once told me I’m cheating myself by not doing a cycle after getting a bronze at Pan’s. The cheating culture is deep

Fair enough, I’m not entirely butthurt about it but he isn’t a young man anymore, flaunting a steroid stack to a crowd that consists partially of highly influenced teenagers and early 20s is just poor taste. Outside of that I think he’s really funny

I think the crazy jacked people that everyone want to look like encourage jucing more. Craig Jones having natty results on a whole stack of shit is a bit discouraging from PED use.

It could be worse. He could be saying it's acai and jesus getting him by whilst getting his gear from the internet.

I am the first one to think PED use is stupid, hell I even think the sudden explosion of TRT being pushed on every aging male is too much personally, but atleast he is pushing an actual company that will help you manage PED use correctly.

I struggle to believe that nearly every male over the age of 30 needs TRT because they had low T levels on that test day and couldn't just make some lifestyle changes in most cases. If people want to be convinced of that, I would rather them actually get it from a reputable source.

Back