So UFC is wasting one of Cormier's last fights against Stipe?

Us = mma fans. Sure lets waste his probably last fight fighting a guy he already fought and knocked him out, very exciting.

Will it be exciting if Stipe knocks DC out?

Will it be exciting if Stipe knocks DC out?
No, whole match up is useless. Of course i hope for finish or just good war so we can make most out of the situation.

Even more so, because then we gotta watch the trilogy.
Also lol @ calling the DC vs Stipe KO a Flash KO, do you know what that means? It wasn't a Flash KO, he was out cold.
I don't thnk YOU know what it means, you are loling and being loled at.

Anyone with half a brain could get what I was saying, it doesn't take a genius, and doesn't change anything that you are trying to split hairs about the meaning of a term.

So the fight just got officially confirmed, happening on August 17.

it doesn't make sense... I could understand it if their first fight was close but it was a 1st rd KO

I'd say do Jones 3 at HW, Reem, or JDS/Ngannou winner
I’d love to see Reem vs Cormier. That is a very interesting match up. I think Reems style would give Cormier lots of problems

This is why the UFC is a fucking joke....Aka Ultimate Fighting Rematch.

The first fight ended in the first round!!! Cormier KTFO!!!! No rematch needed.

Inb4 "but but Stipe was winning before the eyepoke"...Are you fucking kidding me?

This is like saying anybody who has gotten finished in the first round but was kind of winning before that, deserves a rematch...NO just NO......You get KTFO in the first round, it's clear who is the superior fighter, no rematch needed.

Fucking stupid.

In my opinion, instant rematches only make sense if it's a dominate long reigning champion and/or the outcome was flukey or controversial. A prime example of that was AS losing to Weidman. In that case, of course Silva deserved the instant rematch. Cody/Dillashaw was just the opposite. Cody hadn't even defended the belt a single time and in no way deserved it. Conor/Aldo was a case where of course Aldo deserved it but never got it. The Stipe case is kind of right on the line for me. He was definitely a dominant champ and has the record for consecutive HW title defenses. But, the outcome of the Cormier fight was pretty decisive. Some will argue about the eye pokes, but he got KOed fairly easily from the clinch. Bottom line is probably thet biggest fight to make a HW right now. No one else is really deserving.

Imagine trying to sell this fight with highlights, Stipe's last time in the ring was getting KO"d within 5 minutes. How do generate intrigue/suspense?
He get's ko'd again, his whole legacy will be trashed.

Let him have a comfortable last fight without weight cutting^^ I hoped to see Jones first though, at HW, but Jones doesn't seem to want to.
Jones is playing hard to get (wants more money).

I’d love to see Reem vs Cormier. That is a very interesting match up. I think Reems style would give Cormier lots of problems

I'd love to see that too.... Reem has very good TDD... the only thing is Reem is very chinny, so he'd have to end the fight pretty quick. Hopefully, if he wins another fight... they give him the shot before DC retires.

Cormier minus Jon Jones is not a needlemover so UFC ain't wasting anything.

NOW people are calling for Ngannou to get the title-shot and saying the rematch is dumb. I fucking said months ago that the JDS/Ngannou winner is the true #1 Contender.

Prepare to watch the fucking trilogy if Stipe wins.

When it was supposed to be Brock many said that would be a waste. I don't have a problem with it. I hate how Stipe has acted since he lost the belt. He whined and has lucked up on his rematch without taking another fight. It's the match up to make in all honesty at this point.

If Stipe wins (which I hope), there will probably be a trilogy. So who the hell does Ngannou fight in the meantime, if at all?

Back