Opinion So what about what is going on in Canada making my eyes burn in Massachusetts?

Hopefully the arsonists will be on the receiving end of some harsh sentences.

FyD5w0KWIAAyjAu

https://www.westernstandard.news/ne...cle_d1b2002e-03b4-11ee-a186-13afdb8ce6ce.html

Sentences should immediately be doubled if it's determined any of the fires were started by a gender reveal party.

This proves again there is no borders, we're all connected.

Hope there is more help to douse those fires or there is a huge rainfall in that area sooner than later.

NYC mayor Adams is advising everyone to stay indoors
https://www.nyc.gov/office-of-the-m...ms-on-deteriorating-air-quality-new-york-city

----
NYC Mayor Adams, health commissioner warn New Yorkers to mask up as air quality dips to worst since 1960s
New York City warning people who must be outdoors to wear a high-quality mask like an N95, a KN 95 or a CF 94

"The fine particulate matter in the air can get into people's lungs, cause inflammation and worsen conditions like asthma, chronic lung disease, or underlying heart conditions" Vasan said.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-mayo...new-yorkers-mask-air-quality-dips-worst-1960s

Wait, Adams was fine with Fruit of the Loom undie material on your face to stop the spread of COVID yet burned particulate requires N95 or closely similar?

Truly he is a man of science....

Pales in comparison to the plagues of mumble rap, identity wars, NKOTB and Jerry Springer you've unleashed on us.

You watch your mouth! Jerry Springer is a national treasure and you should fall on your knees for receiving such blessing! You're dangerously close to starting the great North American War buddy!

Sentences should immediately be doubled if it's determined any of the fires were started by a gender reveal party.

It's 2023. Somebody might be sentenced to 10 years for their "Non-Binary" reveal party fiasco....

This is Anheuser Busch's chance to repair their damaged reputation. Help put out the wildfires!

They probably have one million or more gallons of Bud Light sitting around doing nothing. Best use that I can think of for that crap beer that nobody's buying.

We had house locked down except a small crack in the bathroom window. The bathroom door was closed. I went in to take a shower and the room smelled like a campfire that was rained on. My nose is all stuffy still and eyes burning. I know Australia lost many Koalas in fires. I hear Canada lost some Tim Hortons.

OIF.CIvy2luOmFijvFeMNqDytw

It got worse as the day turned into evening:
OIF.ZWonefjrrnpOHFylp1rMSg

OIF.uKFU2VwUjWoQcIo2scWHzw

Why can't we get a big ass fan and blow it right back at Canada? Fight fire with fire.

Also, Canada owes us reparations. Everyone in the Northeast deserves a free bottle of top shelf maple syrup.

Every American in those North East states could sue Canada for mental anguish, hurt, pain, injury and inconvenience.

Na bro- we just getting you back for selling all dem guns to our indians to smuggle over the boarder.

I'm in Montreal and the U.S seems to have it worse than we did with the smoke. There was a haze on Tuesday, and we could smell smoke, but nothing close to what I'm seeing from you guys here.

This is Anheuser Busch's chance to repair their damaged reputation. Help put out the wildfires!

They probably have one million or more gallons of Bud Light sitting around doing nothing. Best use that I can think of for that crap beer that nobody's buying.

They could fit a lot of bud-light in a B-52.

b52-bombs.gif

Billions of US dollars to the Ukraine, how about send a couple billion worth of bodies and equipment to Canada to battle something that is visibly and directly affecting US citizens health and well being?
Send them to clear out the fire and make a pit stop in Ottawa to clear out some of the nuts there on your way through.

No profit in that

At this point I don’t think we have any recourse but to invade Canada.

There’s air quality warnings here. It’s smoky and the air smells like a campfire.
Gotta say I don’t think it’s so bad. I do smoke. Kinda wish there were some nicotine in the air. Do they got tobacco fields up there in Canada?

I'll try to go throw some in for you...and i'll throw in some pot plants as well.

Billions of US dollars to the Ukraine, how about send a couple billion worth of bodies and equipment to Canada to battle something that is visibly and directly affecting US citizens health and well being?
Send them to clear out the fire and make a pit stop in Ottawa to clear out some of the nuts there on your way through.
Because then the money would have to be used for something useful. Instead of funneling it through the Biden / Clinton businesses and non profits.

Sorry US

But the fires will burn till PM Trudy can no longer use them as a political talking point to push more carbon taxes..

I understand the posts about what you guys don't think I understand about the subject but you've got me wrong. Trust me I get it, as I tried to explain my post was about the hypocrisy and I thought it was tongue in cheek enough to make it obvious. I have plenty of fire fire fighter and Canadian military acquaintances and we've been talking about this for for what seems like a few decades. I've been evacuated from northern Alberta myself. I get it.
I don't know the intricacies of US politics and what it takes to move money around, I understand the Canadian bullshit just slightly better.

As I'm guessing you are aware this isn't a new problem, wildfires breaking out shouldn't be a shock to anyone with a big political hammer yet it seems like most of the time both countries can get overwhelmed by lack of resources needed to swiftly deal with them. Why? Rhetorical question, I know many people could fill pages with sensible answers. Sensible doesn't mean it's right though.

The powers that be can often come up with massive sums really quickly if motivated, bail out some banks, automakers or fund a war even if their country is not directly involved. This war was just an easy example cause its current.

One more time, I get the logistical nightmares involved but the US came up with Multi Billions of dollars for this war, IDK know the actual total at the moment but the last number I remember hearing was a value of 75 billion in just over a year.

Would it be outrageous of me to say that if they put 20 billion into better more enticing pay, training and equipment over say the next few years they could take a big dent out of the damage these fires do?
I bet you could build a pretty effective small fleet of supertankers for a few billion bucks for example.

I just think there is a way but we will never see the will. Counter arguements for better use of that money are abundant of course.

Maybe I'm just simply biased on the subject from seeing too many complete towns or neighbourhoods wiped of the face of the earth.

No countries have the surge capacity to deal with bad natural disasters. That's why when there are fires here California and Australia send their firefighters to help, and when they have fires we send ours. Simply put it is not feasible to just throw money at it like you want, as the infrastructure does not exist at all, and ultimately this is more akin to an unstoppable force of nature than something we can control. It will get hot and dry and millions of hectares will burn. Every year. Count on it. The best that can be done is that the small remote communities in the fire's path can be saved or given time to evacuate. They're not up there risking life and limb to make it less smokey for the rest of the world.

Look, this is not the same caliber of threat that a militarily aggressive Russia bent on having its way with Europe is. That is like an existential threat to geopolitical order and world peace. History tell us that to appease them now will only lead to a much more costly conflict in the future. In the context of what is spent normally on military budgets there is no better use of that money.

Back