Sobering thought for the day

Yeah if you see something coming that's a little different, but maybe it only seems like longer after the fact because it was traumatic? In the moment in real time it was just your brain focusing on the danger.
Oh for sure time itself did not actually slow down. The laws of space time did not bend just because I was in danger, but it sure felt that way lol

Oh for sure time itself did not actually slow down. The laws of space time did not bend just because I was in danger, but it sure felt that way lol

Yeah I guess that was stupid of me to explain time didn't actually slow down.. I think we all agree on that.

Yeah I guess that was stupid of me to explain time didn't actually slow down.. I think we all agree on that.
Honestly man, on the Internet it’s probably safest to clarify lol

TS is high and thought he was logging in to his on-line diary; logged in to sherdog by accident.

"Dear diary, we all die alone. Prove me wrong!"

dontlabelme.jpg enhanced-buzz-20027-1297777872-47.jpg emo-dad-22891-1257438303-107.jpg emodad5.png

they say time slows when in certain situations. so what if that one mili second before you get shot in the head you live that moment for 100yrs before u die.

Fuck i hope not..

Well at least everybody seems to no what is going to happen in death.. I must be missing something?

We all die alone

Prove im wrong

If you die alone, you live alone and I have family around me right now. Subjectively I feel loved and that is all that matters to me.

Well at least everybody seems to no what is going to happen in death.. I must be missing something?

It's 'know', apparently you are missing a primary education.

If you die alone, you live alone and I have family around me right now. Subjectively I feel loved and that is all that matters to me.

To die alone and live alone are very different things. We know what its like to live alone.. Death we no nothing aboot

Prove you wrong?
Huh?

Start taking the red pill and wake up to reality.
Nothing lasts forever, and that includes material possessions.
You have to live each day as if it was your last.

No you don't. If it was my last day I'd get very little work done. Living like that would lead to massive poverty and relationship break down.

No you don't. If it was my last day I'd get very little work done. Living like that would lead to massive poverty and relationship break down.

I could do it for maybe one day at a push probably more like 30 mins .. Nobody lives like its there last day.. Unless your on death row or something and then your fucked

To die alone and live alone are very different things. We know what its like to live alone.. Death we no nothing aboot

We know that your brain function ceases and that such events correlate with cessation of consciousness. We know a hell of a lot about death. What is it you feel we're missing?

they say time slows when in certain situations. so what if that one mili second before you get shot in the head you live that moment for 100yrs before u die.

That would be horrible, obviously. Talk about hell.

But I find that extremely unlikely and don't believe that.

I was in a very bad car accident a while back. I saw it coming, but couldn’t stop it. Time certainly seemed slow, but I didn’t replay every moment of my life or anything even remotely like that. The brain can process information very quickly, but it does have a limit. There’s only so much it can process in the space of a few seconds.

Yeah if you see something coming that's a little different, but maybe it only seems like longer after the fact because it was traumatic? In the moment in real time it was just your brain focusing on the danger.

It is an effect well understood. Smell, colour perception, and some other sensory info shuts down and the surplus processing power is put into your vision and frame rate. The experience is that things seem slower in that instance. It is not a mode of consciousness that can be prolonged as vital information is absent but in a sudden, violent situation it is very useful.

We all die alone

Prove im wrong

A more sobering thought is that none of the shit that happens here ( earth ) will ever probably matter. Unless we as a species find away to colonize another planet, eventually any trace of us will be evaporated by our own sun. So you see, It doesn't matter if you die, I think we all realize that. As a matter of fact it doesn't matter if we all die. The universe wouldn't even bat an eye. The universe would just keep creating and destroying.

<Wink> .

We all die alone

Prove im wrong

I can't prove that wrong because it is a perspective. But I question the statement based on how we define the words in the statement.

We: meaning each of us as an individual or meaning the collective of humanity? Existentially can the individual be separated from the whole existence within an individual's sphere of influence?
What is me? If I assume me to be a phenomena, my phenomena spreads out away from my locus of my existence into a infinitely branching, interconnecting network of influence. Everyone I've talked to, everything I've made, every atom that has touched me, every photon reflected off my bald head into space, is part of the overlapping phenomena of "me".

When I die the phenomena of "me" losses it's core, and becomes a diffuse ripple in a pond, but still the phenomena still persists. At what point in my arc of life, am I ever purely independent and separate from the apparent existence with in my sphere of influence? When are we ever truly alone, we are always in some way connected to the external world including all of the sentient beings that exist within it.

Even if we go literal here, to die indicates a transition between states, not a state. In any transition between states, there are states on either side of the transition(obviously). One requisite (obviously) for dying is the previous state being alive. So if you are alive and not alone and then die, you died "not alone". If you were not alone when the transition began, why would you say that the transition happened "alone". Perhaps the intent of the statement is that once we are dead, we no longer have consciousness of any other being, or any connection with existence, and are in that sense we are alone. I can accept that, but in that case you would need to revise the wording of the statement to be "After we die, we are alone.", but that is a very different statement.

A more sobering thought is that none of the shit that happens here ( earth ) will ever probably matter. Unless we as a species find away to colonize another planet, eventually any trace of us will be evaporated by our own sun. So you see, It doesn't matter if you die, I think we all realize that. As a matter of fact it doesn't matter if we all die. The universe wouldn't even bat an eye. The universe would just keep creating and destroying.

Agreed 100%, although I think over time mankind will develop and prioritize ways to prolong our species. If we don't and we all get wiped out, well, we deserve that.

That being said, I still think life doesn't really mean anything, it's just a happy accident and we should all enjoy our consciousness before the light bulb goes dark.

We know that your brain function ceases and that such events correlate with cessation of consciousness. We know a hell of a lot about death. What is it you feel we're missing?

It's me that's missing.. you know everything about death .. you are the death master.

Back