Soccer is the best and most diverse sport

That's a silly argument considering legs are harder to use in comparison to arms.
NEVER said legs weren't more difficult to use. However I AM saying that the upper body is still 50%. And these soccer players are nearly lost by by comparison if they were forced to do other sports that involve hands/arms. There's a famous gif that was floating around for years of two soccer players trying to punch each other. Each threw 3 or 4 shots at each other and they all missed each other.

You're also not understanding the argument of talent pools. There is no sport in the world that has a higher talent pool than soccer.Becoming elite in a room of a million people is going to be harder than becoming elite in a room of a hundred people, it's simple math. The entire world plays soccer and it has the highest barrier to entry and the highest glory (FIFA World Cup).I'm not even a soccer fanatic, I'm a combat sports enthusiast but that's just facts. You can't compare getting a UFC contract with getting signed to a major league soccer team.
OH you are absolutely right about this. Especially since many countries in the world ONLY have soccer and all other sports are nearly nonexistent. But its still a sport that doesn't use hands and arms so the skill level argument only goes so far.
It's also laughable that you're comparing a sport like freestyle wrestling with soccer.
Wrestling takes much more overall skill due to having to use your whole body to control some else's body against their will. And focus due to the physical consequences of being on the wrong side of a slam.

NEVER said legs weren't more difficult to use. However I AM saying that the upper body is still 50%. And these soccer players are nearly lost by by comparison if they were forced to do other sports that involve hands/arms. There's a famous gif that was floating around for years of two soccer players trying to punch each other. Each threw 3 or 4 shots at each other and they all missed each other.

OH you are absolutely right about this. Especially since many countries in the world ONLY have soccer and all other sports are nearly nonexistent. But its still a sport that doesn't use hands and arms so the skill level argument only goes so far. Wrestling takes much more overall skill due to having to use your whole body to control some else's body against their will. And focus due to the physical consequences of being on the wrong side of a slam.
Ben Askren was an Olympian. You will never see a Ben Askren type of athlete in the pro leagues of soccer. Wrestling taking more skill than soccer is again laughable when you consider there's a team component involved, way more strategy, and a far higher level of talent and athlete. When the talent pool is just that much greater you simply can't compare. You can say that MMA is harder than boxing since it uses the whole body, but the level of talent pretty much makes the former look like a joke.

Last edited:
its incredibly boring and ive never met someone who enjoyed it thoroughly that wasnt a douche canoe

I've seen many basketball brawls and the players were also pathetic at punching, so this argument holds no water.

I tried to get into basketball when I was younger, I enjoyed highlights but I found there was too much scoring in a full game. Almost seemed it didn't really matter until the last quarter.

basketball isn’t about what you ‘score’. It’s about what you miss. The teams that ‘miss’ the most lose.

so what you’re really doing is cheering when a team ‘misses’, not when they score.

Footy is the opposite, it’s what you ‘score’ that counts, no matter how many you miss.

I think that makes it more pure, as the moments of drama are literally when either team ‘scores’.

problem with american sports they are only tough on field fake toughness that is. they show all that aggressiveness at nfl nba and mlb but it is funny as of late and inter sport mma fights or boxing against each other or pros the re so scared and timid. and bring world diversity into football that means nothing just watch american media openly go around and start diminishing chevments of one players and lifting up others do to diversity even if other player that is not diversity target race is better then diversity race. best example is max and lewis this year

I suspect that if you looked at the average size position by position than basketball would be one of the least diverse sports in that respect.

Not that it really matters though. Obviously in a game where you have to throw something into a hole above everyone's head then height is going to be an advantage.
Bruh look up a guy called Steph Curry. Also look up a guy called Chris Paul III. Then a guy called Isaiah Thomas (the Piston not the Celtic but the Celtic Isaiah is also worth looking up) then a guy called Nate Archibald, then a guy called Trey Young….I could go on forever but I suspect the names wouldn’t do any good as you have your mind made up. I show respect to all sports but soccer has less diversity in terms of size and strength than basketball.

Bruh look up a guy called Steph Curry. Also look up a guy called Chris Paul III. Then a guy called Isaiah Thomas (the Piston not the Celtic but the Celtic Isaiah is also worth looking up) then a guy called Nate Archibald, then a guy called Trey Young….I could go on forever but I suspect the names wouldn’t do any good as you have your mind made up. I show respect to all sports but soccer has less diversity in terms of size and strength than basketball.

Every single one of these dudes is over 6 feet tall.

You know what’s dumb? Using your feet for fine motor control. Like if one guy was allowed to pick up the ball and throw it at the goal, he would score like crazy. Because that’s what hands are for.

I just looked up the World Cup bracket. It looks like more games have ended in a draw than a win/loss. Holy crap is this garbage popular? Most of the world is on pretty damn stupid
That's what makes the sport difficult and unique. Why dribble in basketball? Why hit a golf ball into a tiny hole when you can just use your hands? Why use kicks in a fight when punches are easier to execute?

That's what makes the sport difficult and unique. Why dribble in basketball? Why hit a golf ball into a tiny hole when you can just use your hands? Why use kicks in a fight when punches are easier to execute?
The basketball analogy works. The other two don’t

so am I. There’s a big difference between 6 and 7’4 though

Yeah but soccer players also vary between about 5'4 and 6'7 so I wouldn't say there's much difference, you can go taller if you include goalkeepers.

giphy.gif

football-dive.gif

3b43036ca3ef4658c883fb62d0b5ba66.gif

200w.gif

what other sport has such an impact?

The thing with the scoring is just what your used to. I can understand that if you've not grown up with it a draw sounds horrible. But that's what makes it exciting. I personally don't understand the appeal of a 381-346 game (or whatever those insane scores are). There he goes... goal.. there he goes... goal.. there he goes... goal..
<Fedor23>

To each their own

A) who cares if a sport is diverse?
B) soccer is painfully boring, not to mention damn near every match is 1-1 or 2-1

Back