Solved a problem of 20yrs in 2 weeks (knees)

I spoke to a mentor of mine about it as my head coach was keen to put me forward but my mentor said 1 the application process is a sham and they broadly just pick from the top two prem teams in the country and 2 they choose youth before most things because they want as long as possible with the athlete. I'm going to apply but I'm assuming it won't happen. Most people aren't freaks like me in peak health at 40 so they don't know.

Hamstring curl, hip stabilised so it's just the knee joint flexing. I'd look into reducing the strain on your IT band, stretching the hip like a bastard also!

Here you have to attend camp where you basically compete agsinst other guys to get a spot on the team

Hamstring curl, hip stabilised so it's just the knee joint flexing. I'd look into reducing the strain on your IT band, stretching the hip like a bastard also!
Thanks I'll try to incorporate some of your adivice. I have been doing hip thrusts to work my hamstrings but I think maybe it is not enough and I'll work in some curls as well

Thanks I'll try to incorporate some of your adivice. I have been doing hip thrusts to work my hamstrings but I think maybe it is not enough and I'll work in some curls as well
I’ve noticed a misconception that hip thrusts are a good hamstring exercise. They can be if you move your feet out (straighter legs) but the way most people perform hip thrusts make it a glute/quad exercise.

I’ve noticed a misconception that hip thrusts are a good hamstring exercise. They can be if you move your feet out (straighter legs) but the way most people perform hip thrusts make it a glute/quad exercise.
I switch them up, but always with my feet elevated and off of one leg. Works the hamstrings pretty good

Back