Someone else would have gotten ridiculous praise for this - Nobody has done this to Usman

octagonation

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Have you ever seen Usman in his entire career dominated like this. I saw Usman's face going to his corner in the first round he had this face written allover it holy shxt I have never experienced this before in my life moment. Usman has never been laid and prayed or overpowered in the grappling but this was first time and he didn't even believe this was possible he is a good wrestler.

The issues is that Khamzat is held at high pedestal where he has to run thru everyone within minutes this narrative has to die.

Imagine if Chimaev started doing a Israel Adesanya coasting thru decisions by being defensive he would have been sacrificed on an alter.

I still think Chimaev runs thru the division he will beat some quick, some mid-way and others he will take them to decision

Last edited:
Chimaev is a monster grappler. His cardio is suspect and his striking defense is poor.

but yeah, no one can question the man’s grappling. When fresh, he’s probably the best MMA grappler on planet Earth.

Also, he stayed in there and eked out 2 rounds with a broken wrist. So he also has heart and toughness.

Usman is over the hill at this point, with two shot knees. He is also smaller and was coming in on short notice. The fact that khamzat didn't finish him, and then proceeded to get pieced up a bit in the third, tells me the jury is still out on him. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly talented, but I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be a dominant champ. He could probably beat strickland though, tbh.

It was a good display of grappling, unless cage weights come out and he was 20 pounds heavier lol, but short notice moving up welterweight usman outstruck him. He may have broken his wrist but he barely threw anything, didn’t target the knees of usman, was clearly gassed, bad stand up display, should have been a 28-28 draw

Usman is over the hill at this point, with two shot knees. He is also smaller and was coming in on short notice. The fact that khamzat didn't finish him, and then proceeded to get pieced up a bit in the third, tells me the jury is still out on him. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly talented, but I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be a dominant champ. He could probably beat strickland though, tbh.

Nobody can do this to Usman I don't care who it is in the MW or WW not like this. If Usman couldn't stop Chimaev's A game I don't see anyone who can. I think he beats the current top 5 including Strickland I just don't think they have that high level pedgree of grappling to counter it

You make so many assumptions. Nobody can do this to Usman? So many people acting as if this is prime Usman. Not to mention when has Usman been the smaller guy? Let me know Usman’s grappling stats the last 3 fights. His control in the first round was impressive. His damage and his sub attempt were not. And Usman also got up later on when taken down. Again, his control in the first was impressive. Would be impressive vs anyone. But boy he better figure out how to defend some striking.

You make so many assumptions. Nobody can do this to Usman? So many people acting as if this is prime Usman. Not to mention when has Usman been the smaller guy? Let me know Usman’s grappling stats the last 3 fights. His control in the first round was impressive. His damage and his sub attempt were not. And Usman also got up later on when taken down. Again, his control in the first was impressive. Would be impressive vs anyone. But boy he better figure out how to defend some striking.

He can defend striking. He didn't want to make this fight into a brawl and was fighting defensive staying on the outside. He could have come inside and trade leather he didn't want to do that. Usman didn't land anything dangerous because he was always out of the way

Have you ever seen Usman in his entire career dominated like this. I saw Usman's face going to his corner in the first round he had this face written allover it holy shxt I have never experienced this before in my life moment. Usman has never been laid and prayed or overpowered in the grappling but this was first time and he didn't even believe this was possible he is a good wrestler.

The issues is that Khamzat is held at high pedestal where he has to run thru everyone within minutes this narrative has to die.

Imagine if Chimaev started doing a Israel Adesanya coasting thru decisions by being defensive he would have been sacrificed on an alter.

I still think Chimaev runs thru the division he will beat some quick, some mid-way and others he will take them to decision
He couldn't establish the foot stomp. His fighting style is predicted upon establishing the foot stomp. Like Izzy without his jab or Aldo without the leg kicks or Aljo without the body lock.

He's the new BJ of the first rounders. He hasn't even been 5 lol. Relax

Reactions: lsa
Has anyone exposed Chimaev as a front-running bully with no gas tank and poor striking defense? I think you're right, OP with a 2-month-old account and a thousand posts. Usman did expose him.
Short notice opponent is a big deal when it comes to conditioning.

Especially when it comes to fighting a grinder like usman.

Chimaev is a monster grappler. His cardio is suspect and his striking defense is poor.

but yeah, no one can question the man’s grappling. When fresh, he’s probably the best MMA grappler on planet Earth.

Also, he stayed in there and eked out 2 rounds with a broken wrist. So he also has heart and toughness.
Adrenaline is a helluva drug. I was hit by an Asian driver while on my motorcycle and broke my wrist. I was able to pick up my bike, ride it home and then get sauced at a Bday party before realizing I needed to go to the hospital.

He can defend striking. He didn't want to make this fight into a brawl and was fighting defensive staying on the outside. He could have come inside and trade leather he didn't want to do that. Usman didn't land anything dangerous because he was always out of the way

Back