Sparring stories from the masses

I dunno why but this never gets old. I wonder if that guy killed himself yet from being so completely embarrassing on national TV.
lol. He embarrassed himself twice on both Seasons

Not strictly a sparring story but once during hard sparring my partner connected perfectly with an uppercut that almost broke my nose and bent it sideways. At the time it hurt like a bitch and I was bleeding a lot. I thought I would have to live with a crooked nose for the rest of my life but such is the life of a fighter, right? In my next fight, my opponent hit me in the nose again where I remember a sharp pain but I didn't think much else of it due to the adrenaline rush. Plus I got knocked out a few moments later so didn't really have much time to think. After the fight, when I got home I saw that my nose was straight again lol. I got my ass kicked but I thought, "Thanks bro for that at least."

The funny thing is I had a date that same night too. I wonder if the girl even noticed.

Came to the gym and there was this dude who used to be on the fight team that was visiting for some "light work". Anyways, they had asked me to spar him because he just wanted to work. My mistake was that I trusted him because he was so closely associated with the fight team where we can actually work light if need be for technique and experimentation. He rushed the shit out me from the get go trying to knock me out. My trainer was surprised and said, "This kids wants to fight. If you want to keep going, amp it up in the next round." I took it more seriously in the 2nd round and I ended up shattering his nose with an overhand left (I'm southpaw) about 1 minute in after setting him up and baiting him with the jab of course. Little did I know he just had surgery on his nose and I basically fucked it up again. Felt pretty bad after but at the end of the day, protect yourself at all times.

Did some sparring yesterday and i was doing my usual "lets see what type of shit we can get to work" rounds. Back fists, spining shit, superman off the wall, dom cruz esq head movment. Now i dont actually fight this way but when i have fun i tend to just go with the flow and try shit.

Long story short(ish) im packing up and my coach says to me "you have a very funky style its fun to watch.some people cant be creative when sparring while others can do spin kicks and not even jab, neither of those are you but i want you to hold the creativity back a bit, add structure to it."

What exactly does this mean? Like a Cus D'amato fire can cook your food or burn your house its how you use it type thing? (Long post, thanks in advance)

That sounds like a very tactful coach.

I got touched up in sparring by my coach. So I waited for him in the carpark and hit him in the knee with a tire iron and ended his career. He won't fuck with me again.

giphy.gif

1TEz9mc

I got touched up in sparring by my coach. So I waited for him in the carpark and hit him in the knee with a tire iron and ended his career. He won't fuck with me again.

giphy.gif

1TEz9mc
hqdefault.jpg

heres a cool true story bro.

i broke someones rib with 1 knee and also cut them badly with elbow pads on in sparring.

Some context?

long time ago, i was coaching at a gym. I had the students sparring and sparring me as well. There was a guy who liked to go hard on everyone and beat them up, so I had to put him in his place. He tried to go hard on me as well. I wasnt intending on hitting him hard or hurting him but he attacked me pretty hard. Kneed once, a solid clean switch knee, dropped him (later found out it broke his rib). he got back up. threw a few punches and landed a clean uppercut rear elbow that cut his forehead. Done.

Today i sparred with what i could only describe as a "gym douche" for the first time. that is he did douchey stuff with knowledge of it (in my opinion). he will be known as Luke as he reminded me of rockhold.

It was the second or third round of sparring and everyone is paired up except for some guy that iv heard about that smashed someones nose with an elbow, tosses people and lands on their ribs and knees people to the point they drop and cant finish a round.

I know no context of those things so i give him benefit of the doubt. "whats up bud my names SSS" he said "Luke"...okay w.e maybe hes just quiet. we start to move around and he just gives off this "no one can touch me" vibe that if i knew less would have baited me into just banging. i played a smart outside game and i could tell it frustrated him when i would land. He tried to trip me two or three times but having one of the better clinch games in the gym i shut them down. got to the point where he would just rip kicks to my rear leg in hopes of sweeping me. he would pot shot and explode in with a jab as he cut an angle then just walk around...like conor in the last diaz fight.

After the round i put my glove out to bump and said "nice one" (he was the highest level student in the sparring class and has competed so it was fun to go with him). this guy walks away and asked someone (whos first time it is sparring) to spar in the ring with him.

Towards the end of the last round i see him run to get paper towel as he busted up the new guys nose pretty good. As we were lined up he was actually laughing about it with his buddy. the whole thing made me feel odd. just a story about a guy i consider a douche. The whole time i was thinking how much he looked like a second hand luke rockhold...didnt know he would act like him

he just gives off this "no one can touch me" vibe that if i knew less would have baited me into just banging. i played a smart outside game and i could tell it frustrated him when i would land.
Let him bang mang!!

heres a cool true story bro.

i broke someones rib with 1 knee and also cut them badly with elbow pads on in sparring.

I concussed someone with a jab :( We are sherdoggers, it happens when others enter our world.

i once sparred with a visiting mma fighter from the ivory coast...i was landing quite a bit on him and was able to evade or defend against most of his attacks. he decides to close the distance and i clinched him up and kneed him a few times.

he then proceeds to attempt a double leg which i stuffed (also trained grappling) followed by another attempt, this time more aggressive.....and we backed into the dry-wall and caved it in.

<mma3><6><{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}><Huh2>

I concussed someone with a jab :( We are sherdoggers, it happens when others enter our world.
You can.

When I throw an air jab. All women in the solar system get 40 orgasms.

Rral Sherdogger, is normal

he then proceeds to attempt a double leg which i stuffed (also trained grappling) followed by another attempt, this time more aggressive.....and we backed into the dry-wall and caved it in.
Lol

Back