Speculation and Dream Match Ups For Rizin 13 and 14

lolwut?

i mean, if the ufc stacks the division with intentional fodder for her, maybe.

Back on the topic of speculation and dream match ups, a great match up for Horiguchi when this tournament finishes up might be Brad Pickett. He came out of retirement to sign with ACB, but ACB seems on the brink of collapse and he has yet to fight for them yet. Pickett is a legit 135er and not a 125er who has bulked up, so it would perhaps be the strongest test for Horiguchi outside the UFC or Bellator. I would love to see Horiguchi matched up with some ONE FC talent, particuarly Bibiano Fernandes, but I just don't see that happening. ONE FC seems pretty determined to buy up Rizin's best and come into the Japanese market.

Outside of that, unless Rizin can organically grow their own 125-135 division I don't see who they can give to Horiguchi that's a legitimate name or challenge. They might be thinking of matching him up with Kai Asakura, but I'd want him to get a few wins first to build him up. Shame he had to pull out of Rizin 11.

Back on the topic of speculation and dream match ups, a great match up for Horiguchi when this tournament finishes up might be Brad Pickett. He came out of retirement to sign with ACB, but ACB seems on the brink of collapse and he has yet to fight for them yet. Pickett is a legit 135er and not a 125er who has bulked up, so it would perhaps be the strongest test for Horiguchi outside the UFC or Bellator. I would love to see Horiguchi matched up with some ONE FC talent, particuarly Bibiano Fernandes, but I just don't see that happening. ONE FC seems pretty determined to buy up Rizin's best and come into the Japanese market.

Outside of that, unless Rizin can organically grow their own 125-135 division I don't see who they can give to Horiguchi that's a legitimate name or challenge. They might be thinking of matching him up with Kai Asakura, but I'd want him to get a few wins first to build him up. Shame he had to pull out of Rizin 11.
No chance Pickett vs Horiguchi happens unless one leaves ATT. Pickett corners him. Maybe 6 years ago that would have been competitive but now Pickett probably couldn't even beat most of the top Flyweights or Bantamweights outside of the UFC. It would be a repeat of Horiguchi vs McCall

ONE has nobody for him other than Bibiano as far as a big name matchup and they already shot down his request to fight in RIZIN

I forgot how soon Rizin 13 is, meaning we should have a near full card over the next 3 weeks. Something like that.

I think they may be concentrating too many events into this part of the year.

No chance Pickett vs Horiguchi happens unless one leaves ATT. Pickett corners him. Maybe 6 years ago that would have been competitive but now Pickett probably couldn't even beat most of the top Flyweights or Bantamweights outside of the UFC. It would be a repeat of Horiguchi vs McCall

ONE has nobody for him other than Bibiano as far as a big name matchup and they already shot down his request to fight in RIZIN

Wait, Bibi requested to fight in Rizin?

I think they may be concentrating too many events into this part of the year.

Wait, Bibi requested to fight in Rizin?
It was one of the first events, might have been the first NYE

I'm really stumped on who can fight Horiguchi once this kickboxing tournament is done. I didn't realize Brad Pickett was at ATT. ONE FC has a few guys I wouldn't mind seeing fight Horiguchi, Nguyen and Bellingon, but I doubt any of them would be able to get out of their contract, and Bibiano has more reason too because of his history fighting in Japan.

I guess there only chance is to throw up and comers at Motoya, Ishiwitari and Ogikubo and whoever can beat one of them gets the shot, although I would actually like those three to exchange fights. I hope Ogikubo particuarly doesn't disappear because I enjoyed watching him fight and feel bad for the guy.

<aybe Jonathon Brookins as a semi decent name, although I know his record isn't great lately. Takeya Mizugaki is another name with a pretty terrible record lately, but maybe he might be worth fighting Guch for the name value. Horiguchi fought 7 times last year and wants to stay as active as possible, but I just don't see seven names for him to fight without doing rematch after rematch. Maybe if someone beats him in the Kickboxing Tournament, they might do a crush MMA match with whoever takes him out?

Well...

I guess there's only one legit atomweight left:

Satoko shinashi

The can crusher of the can crushers!

Edit: tbh, she's not an aw right? I believe she's lighter...

I'm really stumped on who can fight Horiguchi once this kickboxing tournament is done. I didn't realize Brad Pickett was at ATT. ONE FC has a few guys I wouldn't mind seeing fight Horiguchi, Nguyen and Bellingon, but I doubt any of them would be able to get out of their contract, and Bibiano has more reason too because of his history fighting in Japan.

I guess there only chance is to throw up and comers at Motoya, Ishiwitari and Ogikubo and whoever can beat one of them gets the shot, although I would actually like those three to exchange fights. I hope Ogikubo particuarly doesn't disappear because I enjoyed watching him fight and feel bad for the guy.

<aybe Jonathon Brookins as a semi decent name, although I know his record isn't great lately. Takeya Mizugaki is another name with a pretty terrible record lately, but maybe he might be worth fighting Guch for the name value. Horiguchi fought 7 times last year and wants to stay as active as possible, but I just don't see seven names for him to fight without doing rematch after rematch. Maybe if someone beats him in the Kickboxing Tournament, they might do a crush MMA match with whoever takes him out?
Maybe Pancrase could lend out their interim BW champ Rafael Silva.

Since DEEP basically lends any fighter to Rizin, Otsuka is another possible opponent

I'd like to see Kid Yamamoto vs. JZ Cavalcante in the decades-in-waiting HERO's dream match.

I'd like to see Kid Yamamoto vs. JZ Cavalcante in the decades-in-waiting HERO's dream match.

That could be good, why is it that Kid doesn't fight anymore? Is he retired? Is he still technically signed with the UFC? I know JZ is on a losing streak right now and his record isn't fantastic, but still would rather these guys fight each other than some monster up and comer.

Back