Sport Jiu-Jitsu in a street fight, Its not all the same!

I grew up in Southwest Ohio and have a general idea of what the "tough" ghetto areas of each part of the state are, i.e.- the trailer parks in Cleves, Over the Rhine in Cincy, the West Side of Dayton, Downtown Cleveland etc.

Let me know where he lived and I'll let you know if his claims about fighting ghetto people in "Baltimore like" conditions is accurate haha

Not sure, he's stated he lives in a rural white area. I assumed his name had to do with being from the south considering his racist posts, (and finding him linked to a White Power website makes all sorts of sense.) but when he said he doesn't live in the south I started to think maybe it's his name. Pulled up a mug shot, and damned if it doesn't look exactly what you'd expect him to look like.

So you believe in throwing the first punch right, when do you stop punching?

When I was younger, I stopped punching when he hit the ground.

Then I started kicking.

Now I stop when he hits the ground and I don't kick him.

Not sure, he's stated he lives in a rural white area. I assumed his name had to do with being from the south considering his racist posts, (and finding him linked to a White Power website makes all sorts of sense.) but when he said he doesn't live in the south I started to think maybe it's his name. Pulled up a mug shot, and damned if it doesn't look exactly what you'd expect him to look like.

lol, and you wonder why I don't want to post info.

You rant about how bad I am but you are a petty, nasty little guy who tries to hurt people over a disagreement that you lost.

When I was younger, I stopped punching when he hit the ground.

Then I started kicking.

Now I stop when he hits the ground and I don't kick him.

john-r-south-1489177.pic1.jpg

When you read that and see this face it's just too much. My sides expanded into infinity.

john-r-south-1489177.pic1.jpg

When you read that and see this face it's just too much. My sides expanded into infinity.

You sure are dumb, but you think you're smart.

Including the allegedly high IQ guy who can't follow logic to save his life.

It's actually pretty funny.

It's not, I just posted a video of a GJJ brown belt beating a 50/50 brown belt in a tournament.

We only do a couple self defense moves before the main class, then roll for like 2 hours. We do the same exact shit you do except we also do self defense. We do Judo and wrestling takedowns in sparring. Do you? lol

But you should do striking which is why I suggest Kyokushin or Muay Thai, whichever you prefer.

You're not addressing my point that the "self-defense" stuff shown in gjj is based on the opponent NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Selling pure gjj as the ultimate self defense art to get newbs in the door...Then your ACTUAL training being the same thing as basic MMA training is disingenuous.

And yes I was a Division 1 college wrestler for 5 fucking years (well 3.5 really because knees are waaay too fragile lol) and start my rolls standing gi or nogi whenever my training partner is willing

You're not addressing my point that the "self-defense" stuff shown in gjj is based on the opponent NOT KNOWING WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Selling pure gjj as the ultimate self defense art to get newbs in the door...Then your ACTUAL training being the same thing as basic MMA training is disingenuous.

And yes I was a Division 1 college wrestler for 5 fucking years (well 3.5 really because knees are waaay too fragile lol) and start my rolls standing gi or nogi whenever my training partner is willing

Good for you, D1 wrestlers got their asses kicked plenty in the UFC. That and 5 dollars gets you a ham sandwich.

And I've fought wrestlers in high school, handed them their asses with nothing but brute strength. In a Gi college wrestlers don't bother me much, haven't tried one out of a gi.

Did you beat Rickson or Relson? Because some "guys you knew" who trained GJJ isn't the equivalent of a "D1 wrestler"

Is it?

How many street fights did Rickson lose?

It's the same as BJJ but with MORE not less, I don't know how to get that through your thick skull.

Good for you, D1 wrestlers got their asses kicked plenty.

And I've fought high school wrestlers in high school, handed them their asses with nothing but brute strenght.

Yeah sometimes, then we um...learned Jiu-Jitsu too...which is my point. And I can dictate where the fight goes a majority of the time. And my point is still valid. I grew up in rural ohio/the trailer park and rural Indiana where my stepdad's farm is. I have been in or seen too many altercations where someone got fucked up because the person they were fighting knew what they were doing. Way to ignore my fucking point and the fact I answer your attempted sneer of asking whether I train takedowns or not

Yeah sometimes, then we um...learned Jiu-Jitsu too...which is my point. And I can dictate where the fight goes a majority of the time. And my point is still valid. I grew up in rural ohio/the trailer park and rural Indiana where my stepdad's farm is. I have been in or seen too many altercations where someone got fucked up because the person they were fighting knew what they were doing. Way to ignore my fucking point and the fact I answer your attempted sneer of asking whether I train takedowns or not

So how is sport BJJ any better?

Way to ignore that one.

Sorry bud GJJ knows what they are doing also, all the same skills except sport guards and more top game.

Good for you, D1 wrestlers got their asses kicked plenty.

And I've fought wrestlers in high school, handed them their asses with nothing but brute strength.

Did you beat Rickson or Relson? Because some "guys you knew" who trained GJJ isn't the equivalent of a "D1 wrestler"

Is it?

As they ran away screaming I chased them, threw the bat and hit one of them in the back as they were running down some concrete stairs. Got 3 for one, kicked their heads like soccer balls as they lay at the bottom of the stairs begging me to stop. I kept kicking until they were out.

You mean like this supposed fight you talked about on a Nazi messageboard?

Good for you, D1 wrestlers got their asses kicked plenty in the UFC. That and 5 dollars gets you a ham sandwich.

And I've fought wrestlers in high school, handed them their asses with nothing but brute strength. In a Gi college wrestlers don't bother me much, haven't tried one out of a gi.

Is it?

How many street fights did Rickson lose?

It's the same as BJJ but with MORE not less, I don't know how to get that through your thick skull.

Um yeah wrestlers have lost a lot...we've also won a lot. I have literal numbers/data and metrics to support that. And we're NOT talking about Rickson, we're talking about your assertion that gjj will prepare the average practitioner for "the street". You keep slightly altering what the argument is about when I answer you...and comparing the average high school wrestler you beat with strength (no leverage? Helio mad bro) to an average College wrestler at any level, which I was. Is like comparing a white or blue belt to a good brown or black belt

(And I'm not pretending that I was the baddest wrestler on earth, I was solid and won more than I lost but nowhere near being elite btw, I'm a better fundamental high school level coach than I was as a wrestler)

Um yeah wrestlers have lost a lot...we've also won a lot. I have literal numbers/data and metrics to support that. And we're NOT talking about Rickson, we're talking about your assertion that gjj will prepare the average practitioner for "the street". You keep slightly altering what the argument is about when I answer you...and comparing the average high school wrestler you beat with strength (no leverage? Helio mad bro) to an average College wrestler at any level, which I was. Is like comparing a white or blue belt to a good brown or black belt

(And I'm not pretending that I was the baddest wrestler on earth, I was solid and won more than I lost but nowhere near being elite btw, I'm a better fundamental high school level coach than I was as a wrestler)

You do not have metrics for how many street fights wrestlers win so time to be quiet.

Yes I'd like to know which GJJ black belt lost this fight in your trailer trash park. lol

You go on about D1 wrestlers but then "average" GJJ practitioners. Average wrestlers get their butts kicked in too so I guess wrestling sucks.

Tell me how many Relson lost or be quiet. I think he actually tweeted some of the fights he was in. Maybe it was Renzo.

This has to be the most retarded and backwards conversation I've had on this forum.

So how is sport BJJ any better?

Way to ignore that one.

Sorry bud GJJ knows what they are doing also, all the same skills except sport guards and more top game.

I have a twenty page thread I created where I argued bjj guys need to learn basic wrestling takedowns as well as throws and Judo to be complete grapplers. And I believe in the superiority of the top position because I got gravity on my side. But asides from the fact I think sport bjj guys need to learn takedowns. I'm extremely confident of the fact most sport bjj guys will be able to handle themselves as well as gjj guy in the average physical confrontation. The only real flaw of sport bjj compared to gjj as far as self defense goes is the emphasis on butt flopping. If a sport bjj is really dumb enough to pull guard when he doesn't have to like the Gracie Breakdown video. That person wouldn't have won the fight anyway dude. whether he did sport bjj or gjj

I have a twenty page thread I created where I argued bjj guys need to learn basic wrestling takedowns as well as throws and Judo to be complete grapplers. And I believe in the superiority of the top position because I got gravity on my side. But asides from the fact I think sport bjj guys need to learn takedowns. I'm extremely confident of the fact most sport bjj guys will be able to handle themselves as well as gjj guy in the average physical confrontation. The only real flaw of sport bjj compared to gjj as far as self defense goes is the emphasis on butt flopping. If a sport bjj is really dumb enough to pull guard when he doesn't have to like the Gracie Breakdown video. That person wouldn't have won the fight anyway dude. whether he did sport bjj or gjj

Kurt Osiander would disagree.

He said all he used as a bouncer was GJJ.

This has to be the most retarded and backwards conversation I've had on this forum.

You're just mad I outed you as a legit Nazi because you oddly use the same screen name on a white power board.. and the weirdest thing is.. even the Nazis called you full of shit.

Back