Sport Jiu-Jitsu in a street fight, Its not all the same!

Personally I think posting links to extremist websites like storm front should be a bannable offense.

Personally I think posting links to extremist websites like storm front should be a bannable offense.

Agreed.

This guy has been posting racist and derogatory stuff for a few pages now because he's angry about some other thread, it's a little creepy.

I never posted the link, I know better than that. People talk about 4chan and /b/ all the time without linking it. I just said if you wanted to see what else he has to say on the subject check his posts on another forum.

You do not have metrics for how many street fights wrestlers win so time to be quiet.

Yes I'd like to know which GJJ black belt lost this fight in your trailer trash park. lol

You go on about D1 wrestlers but then "average" GJJ practitioners. Average wrestlers get their butts kicked in too so I guess wrestling sucks.

Tell me how many Relson lost or be quiet. I think he actually tweeted some of the fights he was in. Maybe it was Renzo.

Oops:redface:, sorry I was referring how we adjusted and stayed relevant to changing rules in MMA and the kickboxers and brazilians knocking us out on our feet. Instead of bitching it wasn't the street. We learned at least how to defend submissions or even bjj itself. Started ground and pounding or sprawl and brawling. When we started getting knocked out a lot on our feet, we learned how to strike ex. T.J Dillishaw, Chad Mendes, Johnny Hendricks, Jon Jones, Cain Velasquez, Chris Weidman. Do we lose? yup. Do we win? UM YEAH.

And the point about what high level competition have gjj guys won comes up again. Yeah wrestlers may lose in bjj competitions, ADCC, MMA, or back in Pride (which is as close to the sacred Vale Tudo as you can get) but at least we're doing it at the HIGHEST LEVELS of competition and learning how to win rather than make excuses or stalling for 20 minutes

Love or Hate Chael Sonnon, he at least engaged and went after Galvao and afterwords was like "I got beat, back to the drawing board". Your guy stalled for 20 minutes. said it showed "self-defense" even though the average street fight NEVER last 20 goddamn minutes and he was positionally dominated and only went for leglocks. BOTH of which are gjj no nos

I never posted the link, I know better than that. People talk about 4chan and /b/ all the time without linking it. I just said if you wanted to see what else he has to say on the subject.

I wasn't saying you did. I did see a link on Sherdog yesterday and forgot to flag it.

Oops:redface:, sorry I was referring how we adjusted and stayed relevant to changing rules in MMA and the kickboxers and brazilians knocking us out on our feet. Instead of bitching it wasn't the street. We learned at least how to defend submissions or even bjj itself. Started ground and pounding or sprawl and brawling. When we started getting knocked out a lot on our feet, we learned how to strike ex. T.J Dillishaw, Chad Mendes, Johnny Hendricks, Jon Jones, Cain Velasquez, Chris Weidman. Do we lose? yup. Do we win? UM YEAH.

And the point about what high level competition have gjj guys won comes up again. Yeah wrestlers may lose in bjj competitions, ADCC, MMA, or back in Pride (which is as close to the sacred Vale Tudo as you can get) but at least we're doing it at the HIGHEST LEVELS of competition and learning how to win rather than make excuses or stalling for 20 minutes

Love or Hate Chael Sonnon, he at least engaged and went after Galvao and afterwords was like "I got beat, back to the drawing board". Your guy stalled for 20 minutes. said it showed "self-defense" even though the average street fight NEVER last 20 goddamn minutes and he was positionally dominated and only went for leglocks. BOTH of which are gjj no nos

OK, but most people are not going to be anywhere near that good at wrestling.

They do wrestling take downs also.

Still no love? No value in getting out of a headlock or a bear hug efficiently? Wouldn't even want to have some idea how to handle a knife attack as a last ditch effort? lol

I guess the public can choose, I'm merely trying to correct some false perceptions that they never spar.

I never posted the link, I know better than that. People talk about 4chan and /b/ all the time without linking it. I just said if you wanted to see what else he has to say on the subject check his posts on another forum.

He's referring to the fact that JohnSouth has been far from subtle about his racism and now we have proof he's participating in forums that take it to the extreme.

Not sure, he's stated he lives in a rural white area. I assumed his name had to do with being from the south considering his racist posts, (and finding him linked to a White Power website makes all sorts of sense.) but when he said he doesn't live in the south I started to think maybe it's his name. Pulled up a mug shot, and damned if it doesn't look exactly what you'd expect him to look like.

Yeah please don't post the link to that board, and trust me. There are parts of rural Ohio, especially in the Trailer Park, that you would think you're in the Deep South asides from the accents. I'm done arguing with him. The point I made about him being a fanatic and reminding of crazy Pentecostals I grew up with holds true. You can't argue or have a reasonable debate/discussion with someone who keeps changing it to suit there needs

I wasn't saying you did. I did see a link on Sherdog yesterday and forgot to flag it.

Ah yeah I understand. I had to double check to make sure I didn't. :redface:

I'll make a callout thread in the OT sometime soon. (Pretty sure callout threads are allowed there.) Just so everyone knows he's a legit Nazi.

Dude tried making sherdog his Argentina...not on my watch.

Anyone that has ever sparred MMA knows that you only get to pick how the fight goes if you are wholey superior.

If your opponent has anything on you, including strength or meanness, some of the time you will have to respond to what he's doing.

I say this as someone who does submission grappling 1-3 days a week that if I go to mma open mats to spar I might use a BJJ technique once a month, but I use wrestling ever single round.

Wrestling + Muay Thai is the bread and butter of fighting right now. The person better at clinch striking and/or takedowns is almost always the winner.

OK, but most people are not going to be anywhere near that good at wrestling.

We do wrestling take downs also.

Still no love? No value in getting out of a headlock or a bear hug efficiently? lol

This is my last point to you. If I grab you from behind and you reach back to grab my leg like I have literally seen in person taught by gjj "self-defense" teachers. Unless you weigh well over 200 lbs. I am going to do a basic mat return and spike you on your head. And oh yeah, I've countered that gjj "basic self defense" move with a mat return IN LIVE PRACTICE so I know it works btw

Ah yeah I understand. I had to double check to make sure I didn't. :redface:

I'll make a callout thread in the OT sometime soon. (Pretty sure callout threads are allowed there.) Just so everyone knows he's a legit Nazi.

Dude tried making sherdog his Argentina...not on my watch.

I'd be careful if I were you, having the same username as someone else on a different forum doesn't make it me.

I'd be careful if I were you, having the same username as someone else on a different forum doesn't make it me.

What if you told that same story here?

Better go back and edit that post.

This is my last point to you. If I grab you from behind and you reach back to grab my leg like I have literally seen in person taught by gjj "self-defense" teachers. Unless you weigh well over 200 lbs. I am going to do a basic mat return and spike you on your head. And oh yeah, I've countered that gjj "basic self defense" move with a mat return IN LIVE PRACTICE so I know it works btw

You mean a supplex?

Osiander showed the defense to that which was to wrap your leg around his so he can't lift you.

What if you told that same story here?

Better go back and edit that post.

I can't edit someone else's post.

And it's pretty sad you are so butt hurt over this that you'll attempt to defame someone's character.

sEtUBd9_zps68asv8nq.gif

JohnSouthShallRiseAgain is a racist!?!?!

I never would have guessed!

I can't edit someone else's post.

And it's pretty sad you are so butt hurt over this that you'll attempt to defame someone's character.

Are you that dense? You posted the same story here as you did there. I was suggesting you edit the post here if you want to claim that person isn't you.

Also gone @ defamation of a forum alias.

Needless to say, you aren't a lawyer.

You mean a supplex?

Osiander showed the defense to that which was to wrap your leg around his so he can't lift you.

No...a basic mat return, where I bodylock around your waist, preferably get an angle, and pop my hips and lift then smash you onto the floor. Something I have done literally hundreds or thousands of times in practice, drilling, live and in matches with my opponents doing EVERYTHING they could to stop me...Why the fuck would I waist energy suplexing you? And if you say the counter is something like a kimura (Sakuraba style) or something like that. You aren't using "basic self-defense" gjj you're using catch wrestling. Gosh I think I'm going to train MMA before gjj if I want to train for self defense and da "streets":rolleyes:

No...a basic mat return, where I bodylock around your waist, preferably get an angle, and pop my hips and lift then smash you onto the floor. Something I have done literally hundreds or thousands of times in practice, drilling, live and in matches with my opponents doing EVERYTHING they could to stop me...Why the fuck would I waist energy suplexing you? And if you say the counter is something like a kimura (Sakuraba style) or something like that. You aren't using "basic self-defense" gjj you're using catch wrestling. Gosh I think I'm going to train MMA before gjj if I want to train for self defense and da "streets":rolleyes:

I'll admit the self defense part of the curriculum is intended as quick defenses against untrained opponents.

But the rest is same as what anyone else has, you are in no way limited to that. I know everyone is aware of that move.

Whether or not they learned it from Sakuraba is another thing.

Believe it or not I pulled that move off in sparring once, the actual Gracie technique during a transition. It was awesome.

Back